"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55
March 12, 2021, 03:05 PM
TD1964
quote:
Originally posted by Thurston:
Also, I would say it's a really good idea to have a double key way set up on the crank.

If you do not have a double keyway crank you drill and pin it. With that blower only making X boost and as long as you have your crank snout/damper fitted correctly you will be ok. Just out of curiosity, did your build sheet list the press fit number?
March 13, 2021, 08:35 AM
Thurston
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
quote:
Also, I would say it's a really good idea to have a double key way set up on the crank.

If you do not have a double keyway crank you drill and pin it. With that blower only making X boost and as long as you have your crank snout/damper fitted correctly you will be ok. Just out of curiosity, did your build sheet list the press fit number?

I have seen single crank key ways sheared. It's pretty common to have double key ways on any blower application. Maybe not as important as with a 14-71 as with the baby but good insurance. I'm sure the proper press fit of the balancer is as important.
February 24, 2024, 06:53 AM
Bucky
A friend told me yesteerday that he tested his Oakley big inch baby blower combo in Florida this winter in his dragster. 4.29 best of with a lot of timing pulled on the hit and a 3000 rpm two step. 28 degrees of timing.
Neat stuff

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
February 26, 2024, 02:16 PM
sc583
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
A friend told me yesteerday that he tested his Oakley big inch baby blower combo in Florida this winter in his dragster. 4.29 best of with a lot of timing pulled on the hit and a 3000 rpm two step. 28 degrees of timing.
Neat stuff

What pulley? Aluminum block?
February 26, 2024, 07:01 PM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by sc583:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Neat stuff

What pulley? Aluminum block?

I know they switched pulleys to go that fast, but I don't know which one nor did he say what the block was.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
February 27, 2024, 11:48 AM
Goob
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Intake atmosphere consistency. Wink

Can you explain by what you meant by "Intake atmosphere consistency" I have been looking a adding some of these turn out to my car, but for a different reason........I think!

I was referring to the intake side....when you have boost, you're bringing your own atmosphere, point being that a small blower, or controlled boost will be more consistent through ambient atmosphere changes.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
March 01, 2024, 11:13 AM
gxp7903
Wondering if people are port matching the manifolds to the heads with the tbs 250 blowers?
If so, is it worth any noticeable power/et?
March 01, 2024, 12:42 PM
Triple Nickel
I did port mine when I got it because the intake looks so bad. I have no idea if it helped or hurt. Since I got it, i've wanted to do another motor with the same blower but on top of a better intake. An Indy or Royal Ram blower intake is so much better compared to the intake that comes with the kit, I think it would be worth some horsepower. I'm just not sure the juice is worth the squeeze because I already have enough.

TBS won't release the bolt spacing on the blower so you can easily build or have your own plate, I built a setback plate for my 250 so I could eliminate the adapter pulley between the blower pulley and the harmonic balancer, but i had to reverse engineer the bolt spacing on the blower which is possible, but wasn't necessarily fun.