DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Allison 295 Transynd
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allison 295 Transynd
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I used the 668 this past weekend, over the 295, and didnt see any difference at all. Transmission ran cool, and lock up numbers were exact same. It might be different recipe, but it works the same.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
329L…KNOWS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

quote:

I was just looking into this as I used 295 in the past. Can you share where you placed your order? And was the price competitive?

Just stop at your local truck stop an pick up some SHELL SPIRAX 295..same shyt with different label an cheaper

Thats what I run. Shell, 295 allison specification. Works just fine.

TES 295 is a “Licensed” product and those manufacturing it have to follow this License. It can be purchased locally in different Brand Names that are “Licensed” to manufacture and sell TES 295. Same with TES 668.

https://www.allisontransmissio...vice/approved-fluids
Select ON-HIGHWAY Fluids to see approved License brands

I'm purchasing local next time I need it and choosing any one of the Licensed Brands listed on Allisons website

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2474 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think I'll do the same.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I stay with the original, I’m not about stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I stay with the original, I’m not about stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.

In our area, the 295 isnt to be found. Racers, even in this age would rather be able to pick up the fluid locally, opposed to have it shipped in.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
The new 668 formula makes the fluid a more robust fluid because the extra additives they are putting in the fluid is to help keep the clutch lining in the torque converters alive because of pulsing the converters on and off. GM pulses the converter on more than any other manufactor out there and for the last 10 years have had more converter failures than any other manufactor out there. With that being said, we wont notice a difference because we dont use lock up converters. Clutch life should be the same or better.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Clutch wear with the original 295 is non existent and since the 668 is the same, it will still be non existent.

I buy the original 295 from a GM dealer or Allison.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
The new 668 formula makes the fluid a more robust fluid because the extra additives they are putting in the fluid is to help keep the clutch lining in the torque converters alive because of pulsing the converters on and off. GM pulses the converter on more than any other manufactor out there and for the last 10 years have had more converter failures than any other manufactor out there. With that being said, we wont notice a difference because we dont use lock up converters. Clutch life should be the same or better.

Great info !
I'm betting better Jeremiah.
It is extremely hard to get oils here. Shelves are empty. Can order online.
I am waiting on the Mobile Delvac 668.
Had really good results with Delvac 295.
Because of TD3550 Not worthy I went out before the shortage and bought plenty of cases of engine oil. Boy has it jumped up Eek

Brandon is trying price it out of our hands...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4513 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
This engine was gonna be mine to plug in for street miles on my Nova during the offseason, but this man made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I rode down south to Port Charlotte last night and picked up a block to do another for mine.

I'm tired of my Nova just sitting all the time, because we don't race every week anymore.

With months between races, I can plug a hydraulic roller BBC pump gas engine in it for street Life.

Races every weekend....gotta be willing to leave your zipcode!

I drag race everyday, Muscle cars, street race cars, 4.30 dragsters, Index Pro Tree, Super Pro, radial tire, ...

It don't matter, drag racing is drag racing.

I still have the only 5 second 3200 lb factory condition n/a 23 sbc muscle car on the planet too.

This was gonna be my pump gas Big Block Chevrolet, so it has a few extra features.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still have the only 5 second 3200 lb factory condition n/a 23 sbc muscle car on the planet too.

This sounds familiar somehow.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

This sounds familiar somehow.

It has held up well since 2017. There is hope though, Seibert is now mass producing a 4.00" stroke 23 degree sbc, makes 770 hp with out of the box conventional 23 degree cylinder heads, I saw on FB.

There could be another all steel factory condition muscle car with steel bumpers dip in the 5's 1/8 mile, but I doubt it

Takes more than just hp, Ya gotta have it all engine, transmission gear, rear gear and a torque converter that slips 4% @ 113 - 114 mph and a 1.27 60ft, 3.83 330 ft.

I don't think it'll happen for quite some time,if at all, ever... 3200 lbs.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
blah blah blah......what happened to the Allison trans fluid discussion?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4473 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
blah blah blah......what happened to the Allison trans fluid discussion?

I'd suggest that too, TranSynd 295 or the new version. It's nice to work with as you touch up the transmission. Cleans up nicely and no unpleasant rotten puzzy smell, clean.

A good drag racing transmission guy will be needed as well.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Why would a good trans guy be needed for a fluid change over?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4473 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Why would a good trans guy be needed for a fluid change over?

You've built a few 23 sbc's in your day and haven't come close eh? Now you're triggered?

Try getting a good drag racing trans guy next time.

It takes more than just HP to run a 5 with a factory condition 3200 lb muscle car with a conventional 23 degree sbc n/a

That's also probably why it won't happen again for some time. Big Grin .

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Never mind....carry on with whatever you're trying to say...

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Has anybody used this fluid in a Dodge Cummins diesel truck trans? My lock-up convertor is around 5 yrs old now and has started chattering when I really put the power to it.

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I have it in my 2000 F450 E4OD service truck and in the 89 F350 dually with the 4R100. The 95 dodge with the 5.9, just never got around to it.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post