DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Allison 295 Transynd
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allison 295 Transynd
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
After reading Ed and others recommendation on Transynd, I began using it this last year. Temps were lower worked good. I ordered 2 gallons again and recieved it today only to find the new Transynd 668. Literature says it has a new additive package. Pour it in or find 295??????

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Stay with the original

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ok....no argument. Next question/problem is where the heck to find it and I assume it will all be phased out at some point then what to pour in? Mobil delvac?

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Ok....no argument. Next question/problem is where the heck to find it and I assume it will all be phased out at some point then what to pour in? Mobil delvac?

The new Transyn is better/improved, send it to me for a full 50% refund. Smile

It reduces dust in the pan.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike
Your suggesting pour it in? Thanks for the offer on 50%.....lol

I found the 295 online explicitly called out. I thought that was what I ordered but their add was ambiguous. I get a little worried when I hear new additive package......idk.....I'm not a chemical engineer nor do I specialize in fluid properties but I wanted to see what everyone thought.

BG

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again, Stay with the original

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The Dmax store where I have been buying the 295 is only showing the 668 on there website, so maybe the 295 is phased out. Says 668 is backwards compatible with 295 but who knows

https://dmaxstore.com/products..._149&product_id=7619

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
668 is backwards compatible, works with 295. No reason not to run it. A quick google tells you all you need to know.

What Steve said! ^^

Sorry for the duplicate Steve.

We ran 7 fire stations for over twenty years with TS 295. And I’m talkin ing busy stations! No issues! If a Fireman can’t kill it that’s sayin something!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4510 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I get all the original Transynd I want from a local GMC /Freightliner Truck center or Alison dealer.

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Does the Transynd affect convertor performance compared to TCI or type F fluid?

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
Does the Transynd affect convertor performance compared to TCI or type F fluid?

If you're talking stall, compare viscosity.

The new Transynd is improved.

Anyone who has bought it by accident can send it to me for a full 50% refund. Big Grin

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Marketing claims. Not improved for our application. The original performance spec was written by and the fluid tested by Tom Johnson of Allison who is retired. It was formulated by Castrol exclusively for Allison.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I guess it would be great if we could get a expert such as him to chime in on how the new additive package would or could affect a race setup.

BG

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
There are (3) types of Allison fluid. Amongst others

Transynd 295

Transynd 668

Transynd RD. (Rigorous Duty) Thicker viscosity.

For Ground pounders ^^^ For internal leaks. Thicker.

New VET Testing center...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwrglu7P7w4&t=7s

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I've been running Mobil Delvac 1 the last 2 seasons. It is TS295, readily available from Summit and I saw no difference in that or actual Transynd.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I've been running Mobil Delvac 1 the last 2 seasons. It is TS295, readily available from Summit and I saw no difference in that or actual Transynd.

Same

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Unless it is on Allison’s tested/approve fluid list, it is not TS-295 as Amsoil is not.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2469 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

Thats all I’ve ran is Delvac Mobile. Great product and is approved by Allison.

Walmart has it if interested.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4510 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah I probably should have done that in the first place as opposed to ordering transynd online and getting not what I expected.

BG