DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Allison 295 Transynd
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allison 295 Transynd
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m picking up a case of original 295 Transynd today

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Can someone give me a direct answer to my question?

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I believe weight is going to account for 95% of changes in stall. ATI sells 20 and 30 I believe but would have to check. 20 would stall higher than 30 ect. I think that is why the hygaurd was so popular with turbo guys they could get them to wind up fast.....I'm no expert.....but that's my understanding. Typical I think normal ATF is around 20.....if I off base someone will correct me.....ask for weight on the products your interested in from their respective companies
Love your truck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BG7X77,

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Thanks BG. I'll look into that. I've always had good results running TCI fluid. But if there is something better. I'm up for a change.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Dextron VI and the Transynd 295 and 668 is considered a low viscosity. Yes, it will loosen up the converter a hundred or so rpm. The beauty of the low viscosity fluid is that it has a better temp control, which makes for a more consistent car, both et and reaction time. Now, if your converter is already on the looser side, you will not see any et gains for a type f/dex-merc III fluid, but still should see the reaction times tighten up a bit.

**edit**
Mercon LV is also a really good transmission fluid to run in glides as well. From what we have seen in the o.e. world, Mercon LV doesnt break down as fast as dextron VI does. Ive tried it in my glides and didnt see any et or reaction time difference at all from Mobil 1 dextron VI.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Mike
Your suggesting pour it in? Thanks for the offer on 50%.....lol

I found the 295 online explicitly called out. I thought that was what I ordered but their add was ambiguous. I get a little worried when I hear new additive package......idk.....I'm not a chemical engineer nor do I specialize in fluid properties but I wanted to see what everyone thought.

I just saw your PM Sir.

688 IS BETTER, IMPROVED, SUPERIOR, HIGHER TECHNOLOGY.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
295 is a specification developed by Allison for their units. The spec 295 is available from multiple other suppliers manufactured to meet the Allison 295 spec.
Shell, Chevron are 2 of many.
I've used the Shell Spirox 295 with no issues.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://cglapps.chevron.com/ms...645664&docFormat=PDF

Just saw this.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4514 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone's response. Thank you.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You should have gone to your local Allison dealer or GM/Freightliner truck center and purchased the original Transynd

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What I did is I kept the 668 I ordered.....I found and bought more 295......I'm going to pour in the 295 for beginning of the season....I'm going to try and research the 668 further on how it's working in race applications and see if I can find more information on the additive package and it's effect on race setups.......so in short....I plan on using both.....I am going with 295 now and looking to use the 668 in the future if it proves to work well in race setups(hopefully).
I think that's a logical plan....

BG

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again this fluid was not/is not formulated for nor intended to be used in drag race transmissions so you will not find any factual data, only opinion from a very few racers that use it who post on forums.

Fact is most bracket racers don’t know about transynd and even if they do, they aren’t interested in using it due to the cost and the fact they can’t get it from their local auto zone, advance auto, o’reilly’s or summit and jegs.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
​this is what Allison's Transynd was designed for and to do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkVN6ZqloSI

and here is Allison's video presentation on Transynd 668.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3XU2BEHBV8

The entire video, mimics the 295 presentation as to why it is better than mineral based fluid and extends drain intervals. At 1:00 minute in they tell us for 7 seconds that it was built from the 295 spec to deliver "a better and higher performance fluid" but never say how.

Me thinks this is all about marketing, relaunching the same product 17 years later after first bringing it to market, under the same name, now calling it 668.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

The entire video, mimics the 295 presentation as to why it is better than mineral based fluid and extends drain intervals. At 1:00 minute in they tell us for 7 seconds that it was built from the 295 spec to deliver "a better and higher performance fluid" but never say how.

Me thinks this is all about marketing, relaunching the same product 17 years later after first bringing it to market, under the same name, now calling it 668.

I bet your right, makes sense

Posts: 2434 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re a smart guy Steve Right

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:Fact is most bracket racers don’t know about transynd and even if they do, they aren’t interested in using it due to the cost and the fact they can’t get it from their local auto zone, advance auto, o’reilly’s or summit and jegs.

I agree with much of this ED. Last fall I switched from Dex 6 that works good, to TES 295 during a convertor change after reading about it from you and others. After using it a full year now I believe it’s slightly better in consistency than Dex 6 for me at any given trans temp when on the track.

TES 295 is a Licensed product and those manufacturing it have to follow this License. It can be purchased locally in different Brand Names that are Licensed to manufacture and sell TES 295. Same with TES 668.

https://www.allisontransmissio...ds/on-highway-fluids

Posts: 2475 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yaaaaawn.

This is a real snoozer of a thread.

Transynd existence and use in drag racing is old as the hills. I was pouring it in transmissions of heads up radial tire cars I did the trans on, in the early 2000's.

If you don't think better technology comes about in a quarter century, you might wanna look around for a clue.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nothing gets more expensive, it's the dollar losing it's purchasing power. The first gallon I bought was $26.99. Then it was $32, then $34, then $37, then $41, then $43.

Who knows what it is now, probably over $50 a gallon.

We picked up 12 sealed 5 gallon buckets 3-4 years ago for $400.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Stay with the original Transynd 668, it's really Transynd 295 under a new name. Laughing Hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
picked up another 2 cases/6 gallons of the original Transynd 295 for $43/gallon today from my local GM/Freightliner truck center. Hurry while supplies last. Big Grin