DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Converter slippage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converter slippage
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
I forgot to tell you. It has 3.42's running 1st and 2nd. With the 4.56's I have to use 3rd. gear-shift about 6500

Alright, that's effectively 5.19 final gear. so 5.19 x 97mph x336 = 169152 / 29tire = 5832/6700 = .87057-1. = 0.129422% slip... 13% slip

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Thats not bad.

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Thats not bad.

I got a 6100 6200 PTC sprag converter slips 13% 114 mph, it's my least efficient converter crosses 7750....

The most efficient converter I have TSI spragless crosses 7400 114mph.

They both produce about the same et, TSI is hair faster.

But if the best parts of the splits on the slips could be built into one converter, you could pick up a half a tenth. That's a lot.

What you have is what ya need, you don't want one that tugs the engine down from accelerating rpm.

A good slip percentage is relative a fast time slip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
How is everyone figuring in tire growth when calculating slippage?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:

DIVIDE DRIVE SHAFT RPM BY ENGINE RPM. That is the only accurate way of doing it. A data logger usually tells you the slip between the 2.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

I use my data logger, but 5% growth is pretty much perfect for my car.

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

If it's a new combo without a single run, you use experience - hp vs. weight vs. final gear.

The tire manufacturer can tell you how much their tire will grow, according to mph.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Easiest way is a data logger but with your speed and weight the tire manufacturer can give you the loaded radius. If you know someone with a similar tire size as yours who has a data logger, that will get you close too.

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post