DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Converter slippage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converter slippage
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
That's wrong, more hp isn't more load.

Going up a hill is more load all things equal, as an example.

Going up a hill with more hp is less load all things equal, not more.

Common sense.

TOP 38 is clueless again.

Sorry, I missed this.

You also increase the LOAD! I forgot that, how foolish of me,,, was that an error or a mistake?

Loser

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Nope...you were just wrong.

I already clarified I misspoke by example.

There was no reason to pretend anything at that point.

Grow the F up, would ya?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
How can you tell if you are driving through the converter?

For me it’s when the difference between the flash rpm at launch and shift completion rpm is less than 500 rpm. In the -700’ DA run I posted, the difference between flash and shift was 516 rpm. The fall back after shift was 540 rpm. This is my ragged edge. The convertor was cut 3X to get what I wanted. I have a sbc / 2840# door car.

Posts: 2614 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:

Common sense.

Sorry, I missed this.

You also increase the LOAD! I forgot that, how foolish of me,,, was that an error or a mistake?

That was an error on your part, because you're clueless dumbfuk again.

More power is less load, that's why more power goes faster up a hill or on flat surfaces all things equal, dumbfuk.

Common sense.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
As a point of interest when I was running 3.70's @ 196+,my converter slip was 4%..... But I was geared to cross the stripe at a high rpm on the 1/8th mile. If I would have had 1/4 mile gearing the slip would have been higher at the 1/8th.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:

Common sense.

Sorry, I missed this.

That was an error on your part, because you're clueless dumbfuk again.

More power is less load, that's why more power goes faster up a hill or on flat surfaces all things equal, dumbfuk.

Common sense.

No need to get nasty!

If more power = less load then why does the converter stall higher? If you took out the converter and replaced it with a torsional spring, by your logic, the spring would have less torsional deflection...……. ya that makes perfect sense to me now... it's call non-sense.

Never mind answering, I am sure you have stupid twisted answer for that question also.

Loser

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
As a point of interest when I was running 3.70's @ 196+,my converter slip was 4%..... But I was geared to cross the stripe at a high rpm on the 1/8th mile. If I would have had 1/4 mile gearing the slip would have been higher at the 1/8th.....

Yes it would because it has less load! I am having a hard time trying to explain this one topic to a certain individual on this web site, can you help me out? Cool

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

That has to do with the existing centrifugal force of the oil within the converter, associated with the existing rpm, not load as dumbfuk Top38 assumes.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
What % of slip does orange road tittties hung under the car amount too ?

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
What % of slip does orange road tittties hung under the car amount too ?

What % of slip does that p*ssy between your legs produce?

Or them lips when you're killing time at the track, blowing track officials? Confused

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I had a FTI XPM converter that would slip less than 2% in the 1/8th mile. It was bada$$ in good weather. However it was not as forgiving in normal or bad weather as my “standard” FTI converter that slips closer to 7-9% in the 1/8th regardless if I ran on HP, 1-stage, or 2-stages of NOS.

Posts: 125 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:
I had a FTI XPM converter that would slip less than 2% in the 1/8th mile. It was bada$$ in good weather. However it was not as forgiving in normal or bad weather as my “standard” FTI converter that slips closer to 7-9% in the 1/8th regardless if I ran on HP, 1-stage, or 2-stages of NOS.

That's another example of existing centrifugal force of the oil acting on the turbine, between all three tuneups, based on existing flexplate rpm..... n/a, one or two doses of nitrous.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Top38 and his ilk will need a box of kleenex, when The Ripper wins a Super Pro bracket race on a 8.5" wide tire dial'd 6.40. Laughing Hard

retard, here's your chance again

https://www.dragraceresults.co...y.cfm?id=7027&type=2

but no, you'll be home banging away on your keyboard as usual. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you won't race under lefty command, you won't have to worry about their cons.

Pick and choose where you race, carefully. Race under the command of God fearing people, would be my advice to anyone.

These clowns ain't God fearing people, they ran off and hid, when it was time to clarify the call. They think they can do whatever they want, it's their track, they aren't bound by honor or integrity.

That's a clown track for democrats who can take fake news in stride.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This ain't no time in history to be hanging out with people who's word can't be trusted.

If SFG were sent from God, this would be the last facility it would hold a race, with its current leadership pension for self evident cons.

These people ran away and hid, because they know they owe a racer an apology.

That should tell ya everything you need to know about them.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you won't race under lefty command, you won't have to worry about their cons.

Pick and choose where you race, carefully. Race under the command of God fearing people, would be my advice to anyone.

These clowns ain't God fearing people, they ran off and hid, when it was time to clarify the call. They think they can do whatever they want, it's their track, they aren't bound by honor or integrity.

That's a clown track for democrats who can take fake news in stride.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/0Hr3Zzr.jpg[/I

MG]

Just another excuse of why you don't race....please write a book of excuses....it would be a best seller.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I race 7 days a week, most weeks, I just don't race with sore loser lying, crying, denying democrats.

I pick and choose who I race with.

How about you? I've never seen anything to indicate or evidence you've ever been within a 100 feet of a race car.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I race 7 days a week, most weeks, I just don't race with sore loser lying, crying, denying democrats.

How about you? I've never seen anything to indicate or evidence you've ever been within a 100 feet of a race car.

LOL.....you aren't racing 7 days a year let alone a week.
Ohh.....because I'm not posting my life on this place means I don't have a race car?
There are several on here that race at the same tracks I do and can vouch for me.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:

LOL.....you aren't racing 7 days a year let alone a week.
Ohh.....because I'm not posting my life on this place means I don't have a race car?
There are several on here that race at the same tracks I do and can vouch for me.

Try telling that one to my better half.

There's nothing wrong with posting your racing life here, unless you don't have one, like you apparently.

Nobody will vouch for any race you've won, or contributed in winning. We both know that.

I race 7 days a week, most weeks. I have no problem sharing it either.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

I learned the hard way not to race with lying, crying, denying sore loser fake news democrats.