DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MT Dragster tires
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MT Dragster tires
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, you know I can be nice and I tell everyone that me here is nice. That said, I ain't going to be "nice" when you are lying. I'll buy you that sub at Epping though the deal was you and harry were supposed to come to Numidia to collect it at least 3 years ago.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Al, you know I can be nice and I tell everyone that me here is nice. That said, I ain't going to be "nice" when you are lying. I'll buy you that sub at Epping though the deal was you and harry were supposed to come to Numidia to collect it at least 3 years ago.

Ed

I am gonna play your game for a minute, "I am not lying!"

That race you mentioned, if I recall the weather was not the greatest so we decided not to go, long trip for one of us to travel. Never had the those subs at Epping, you guys aren't going to the DIV at Numidia this year assuming they have one? I thought they were famous for them? I will make a deal with you, be nice and I will buy you a sub, with a drink too!

For us the drive to Numidia is not too bad compared to MG or Atco, we don't have to deal with the traffic near NYC but Numidia does have some hills to climb. I like the track there, I think they do a good job running the place, 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lbs bag at the Divisional though. A few extra feet of shutdown wouldn't hurt either.. If things work out I would like to get in the 150's there. No sure why they limit it to that small of a field though.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, I'll be nice...you may not be lying but you have made a false statement based either on false information or you wanting to float a false narrative.

That said, I have no reason to swap tire manufactures. Hoosier treats us very well and I have many years of data with these tires on these cars.

Yes, I'll be at Numidia. Don't need/want you to buy me anything. I offered to buy you a sausage and pepper sub from Numidia at least 3 years ago and the offer is still open if come to Numidia. BTW, as much as WE love Epping, their food court needs vast improvements.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So many of us have experienced moderate to severe shake at the end of the burnout. Many have also experienced some vibration/shake somewhere around the 60'. Some cars become very inconsistent some not at all much.

Here's a log of a run with a NA dragster (1.00 60' 6.85 1/4) loosing .04 in the 60'. It's interesting to look at the lateral G meter to see how early it starts.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al, I'll be nice...you may not be lying but you have made a false statement based either on false information or you wanting to float a false narrative.

That said, I have no reason to swap tire manufactures. Hoosier treats us very well and I have many years of data with these tires on these cars.

Yes, I'll be at Numidia. Don't need/want you to buy me anything. I offered to buy you a sausage and pepper sub from Numidia at least 3 years ago and the offer is still open if come to Numidia. BTW, as much as WE love Epping, their food court needs vast improvements.

Ok Ed,

First, I have no wants or needs to float any false info to anyone about anything.

No 2, I know you don't need me to buy you anything, I offered because it's called being nice. And it is also nice to accept such offer so I will take you up on the sub at Numidia this year, and if for whatever reason that don't work out, we can figure out something else.

No 3, NED's food is without a doubt lacking other than the morning breakfasts which I am told by all that they are very good. I wouldn't know because I am not a morning person Smile! So whether it be Epping or elsewhere, my offer still stands.

As for you swapping, or not, tires, motors, tranny, converters, etc,, its all good since it's your deal, you can do what you want just like everyone else.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Now that looks like he started off with some wheel speed, and then started to hook it, leading to the shake?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6403 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
As for you swapping, or not, tires, motors, tranny, converters, etc,, its all good since it's your deal, you can do what you want just like everyone else.

Agreed and as I've always said here, regardless of who says what, those asking for advice will do what they want and 99% they will do what they decided to do before ever asking for advice.

Now that said, I'll never say never to making a change to a different tire manufacturer after saying that many years ago about a converter manufacturer that is now our primary marketing partner on the Firebird and associate sponsor on our dragster and this partnership has been great.

I will say this forum will temporarily crash if that day comes. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Greg

How's things with you, hope your all doing well!

End of burnout shake really blows! The old GY 2032's, which were good tires down track, really had this issue and the 34.5 Hoosiers also suffer from this issue pretty severely, even the 33.5 tires had some issues here depending on the day/conditions. It is tuff on parts too. MT's do not suffer from this issue at all from my experiences.

Some wheel speed on that graph you posted!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Keep in mind that the first NHRA Top Dragster and Top Sportsman National Champions, did it on Hoosiers 5 years ago in 2015.

I now own that dragster and have seen first hand the number of changes and compromises that were made to it to make it run on hoosiers. Low gear compromise, major timing compromises, boost compromise, the multiple times the car was at test sessions with the manufacturer and still had tire shake issues.

When I purchased the car, those compromises were remedied and the car had never been quicker. went from 1.02/1.03 60' times to sub 1.00 on a consistent basis. best so far has been .948 3.89/182

Bednar, didn't you test a set of tires last season and immediately removed them after like a pass or two?

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
quote:
Keep in mind that the first NHRA Top Dragster and Top Sportsman National Champions, did it on Hoosiers 5 years ago in 2015.

I now own that dragster and have seen first hand the number of changes and compromises that were made to it to make it run on hoosiers. Low gear compromise, major timing compromises, boost compromise, the multiple times the car was at test sessions with the manufacturer and still had tire shake issues.

When I purchased the car, those compromises were remedied and the car had never been quicker. went from 1.02/1.03 60' times to sub 1.00 on a consistent basis. best so far has been .948 3.89/182

Bednar, didn't you test a set of tires last season and immediately removed them after like a pass or two?

Brian,

What specific changes did you make?
To be fair, a car with that much power does need to be managed no matter what tires are on it and MT BB's would be my choice.

It is common place for fast cars to be numbed up to run consistently when the racer does not want spend the time to make it run fast as it is capable of and consistent or know how to do it, any other way.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This video is the same car shown on the graph above.

No shake, very little wheel speed/spin, clearly dead hooked by 18 feet out (2 tire revolutions).

So it isn't just the tire, it's the whole combo (as mentioned) of which the converter is a big part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9-Zj4Iu530

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Greg

That's my man Joey D! Did you get video rights from him...LOL

The Hoosier Shuffle usually occurs between .8 to 1.2 seconds in the run which is pretty much where Joey has the problem. Based on the graph slope prior I would say he is not 100% hooked up though. However as you mentioned, I agree it's a combination thing. Tires, gearing, chassis settling back down after the wheels up launch and the converter transitioning into it's lock up phase along with it's stator setup all matter. But this is the common problem area that I see with Hoosier tires and this type of car.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TOP38,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TOP38 sent you a PM

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
first off I heard it was not a call it was a email resume sent M&T. And just out of curisioty when was the last time a car on Hoosier won the division championship in D1?

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
fake news vince and just out of curiosity when has any D1 TD racer won the National Championship regardless of whose tire they run? Answer hasn't happen yet.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Race was canceled this upcoming weekend...no results on the GY till next week in Ardmore...

The only fake news about MT is what Ed says about them...I bet his kid would love making a lap on those MT's. I got spares I will loan to prove my point?

I will try the Goodyear next week in bracket conditions and let you all know the results. Real testing with real data...not some made up crap on a tire I have never run myself.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I've stated the facts about emp-tees here as I have stated in past threads. They don't hold air, they have a history of chunking and the first in 2015 as well the current NHRA National TD and TS Champions run on Hoosier tires as have several national champions in both classes between then and now no mind those TD and TS racers that have won Divisional championships on Hoosier tires as well.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed,

What do you do for work? I would say you would have a great career in politics just waiting for you! Wink

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm just a dumb construction guy just like Trump but minus the 20 million advance from dad.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Just because Ed says something doesn't mean he is correct...

As usual he acts retarded and says the same things over and over convincing himself he is right.

Carry on...he gets stuck on something and just cant quit...history proves it. I will run a Hoosier, Good year, MT, dunlop, Michelin, BF Goodrichs if I thought I could improve...this guy can't stop bashing certain products and people...carry on.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post