DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New Wheels (Keizer)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Wheels (Keizer)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
The car is in the shop for body work & paint. I decided to buy some new Keizer wheels to go with the new paint.

Anyway, I hope to get the double beadlocks if they clear the brake calipers. Debating on getting the titanium bolt upgrade for 33% weight loss.

Anyway, what's your opinion(s) on the wheels or the bolt upgrade?

Link is the one I'm looking at with matching fronts.

https://keizerwheels.com/produ...brand-forged-dbl-pm/

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2585 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you want the wheels get them. If the Titanium bolts won't discolor then I would probably get them. If you're looking for less weight, don't waste your money.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
If you want the wheels get them. If the Titanium bolts won't discolor then I would probably get them. If you're looking for less weight, don't waste your money.

Vern,

I don't want the wheels or the added cost of bead locks. Regardless of what people say, these are needed for our set-up. We are running higher pressure than wanted to slow the slip or the amount. The M/T radials are directional so there's no moving to the other side. The Hoosier radials are non-directional & we can somewhat slip them back in line by rotating. The problem is the driver's side slip is more than the passenger side.

As for the bolts, I absolutely hate the gold color of the grade 8. The ARP bolts are $110 per side & the titanium are $120 per side. So that's where I'm at. Wink

2BKING is not a bling kind of person!
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2585 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you don’t have small calipers they will hit….been there done that….Went with TBM calipers

Posts: 1264 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Titanium bolts for sure. Especially with the nominal price difference. Who is doing yhe paint work?

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 992 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Titanium bolts for sure. Especially with the nominal price difference. Who is doing yhe paint work?

Yeppers on the titanium.

Arrow Collision is doing the bodywork & paint. 75% of the estimate was labor 25% was materials. The fiberglass front end is a mess & the fiberglass decklid/spoiler is even worse.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
If you don’t have small calipers they will hit….been there done that….Went with TBM calipers

Thanks for the heads up WHOMP!

I called Moser today & they said they might or might not work depending on the beadlocks. If they don't work, this fix is their 11" rotor with matching caliper bracket. My current rotors are 11.44", the cost is $300 something.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

Thanks for the heads up WHOMP!

I called Moser today & they said they might or might not work depending on the beadlocks. If they don't work, this fix is their 11" rotor with matching caliper bracket. My current rotors are 11.44", the cost is $300 something.

2BKING
Relaxing
You will have to be sure an put wheels weights in right location to or calipers will knock them off…

Posts: 1264 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had my 15 inch wheels converted to 16 inch headlocks and I had to grind some on the calipers to clear.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Working on getting the quote on the new wheels today!

I should have just ordered the smaller Moser rotors & caliper brackets the other day. Guess I'll put that on the list of things to do.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The wheels are ordered, supposed to be a 3-4 week build time. I did get the titanium bolt(s) upgrade.

I'm going to order the M/T radial front-runners & give them a try. I have to decide on what rear tires I'll use, the M/Ts or Hoosiers.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I should have just ordered the smaller Moser rotors & caliper brackets the other day. Guess I'll put that on the list of things to do.

2BKING
Relaxing

I'm not happy with Moser Engineering today, the tech/sales guy seemed to have his head up his A$$!

Whether the guy was correct or not with the $300 something price when I called the 1st time. To this guy today trying to sell me a complete brake kit for $903. The bill ended up being $677 & seems like he added parts that are not needed for the conversion. In hindsight, I should have just got the complete kit for $903!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Why ask? If you want the wheels and think they are of any benefit then buy them. The ti bolts sound like no brainer when compared to arp bolts. hell at what $20 .I have spent more on tooling to cut weight, not to mention the time to do it.

Besides you can not run as fast on used wheels or so I was told once, not exact words but jest of comments.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post