DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    transbrake jerking
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

transbrake jerking
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
To be 100% clear. our Valve bodies, valves, and transbrake solenoids are all designed and manufactured by FTI. We purchase the pressure regulator valve, and the coil windings for the solenoid and that is it.

Since it was mentioned and fixed the OPs issue, yes we hand fit each transbrake valve to our aluminum valve bodies. Yes we had some we could of fit better that ended up sticking, Such as the OPs. No this is not a design flaw between the aluminum valvebody and steel valve. We have sold THOUSANDS of these valve bodies in our transmissions and to other builders without issue. We have seen more issues with the previous canister solenoids we used to source than with valves not fitting well. that is why we made our new billet solenoid that we released a few months and now provide in all of our VB kits and new transmissions.

-Dalton

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 165 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Dalton. PM sent

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Nice to know Dalton. There is A LOT of buying out in the transmission field, and lots of bad info out there apparently.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Dalton, Thank you for your post and explanation. Also Thank you for one of the greatest quotes ever. I think it was you or one of your guys who said:

"Our products are not designed for Ed, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"

That was Classic!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4029 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Well the valve thing must be a temporary fix. I will not say there is no issue with the amount of thro on the solenoid, but no way to see how far it seat valve is when engaged.

Went through the transmission bare case and back together. Found one servo o ring bad. Pressure seems low reading at servo is 160 to 170. Same in reverse when the brake is applied for a second or so then starts jumping all over the place. First thinking leak in the system. Now figuring solenoid had been an issue and is shorting after a second or two. Releasing the brake and that is why pressure going stupid.

Open to suggestions on what should be checked. Pretty sure I covered it all, but not arrogant enough to think I couldn't have missed something. Ordering a new solenoid and some o rings today and if not bad I just have back ups.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As I stated...

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
the issue is not fixed

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Well the valve thing must be a temporary fix. I will not say there is no issue with the amount of thro on the solenoid, but no way to see how far it seat valve is when engaged.

Went through the transmission bare case and back together. Found one servo o ring bad. Pressure seems low reading at servo is 160 to 170. Same in reverse when the brake is applied for a second or so then starts jumping all over the place. First thinking leak in the system. Now figuring solenoid had been an issue and is shorting after a second or two. Releasing the brake and that is why pressure going stupid.

Open to suggestions on what should be checked. Pretty sure I covered it all, but not arrogant enough to think I couldn't have missed something. Ordering a new solenoid and some o rings today and if not bad I just have back ups.

are you measuring pressure at idle? if so try measuring it at 2000-3000RPM. target pressures are 210 for a stock case and 250 for an aftermarket.

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 165 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Measured at 1200 and 2000 or in area of. Yes low pressure is concern. On 210 or 250. I was told by your guy regulator was set for 190. Off either way.

Pretty sure I found issue or part of. The inner o ring on reverse piston cut in 2 places very minor and di not see on o ring until after fining a very small slither in case. Now did I cut it removing the piston or putting it in? Betting the putting it in.

Dang bidenomics.not 50 cent piece this time it is twice that. LOL which is lot better than what I was doing when found it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,