DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Temp sensor in trans line
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Temp sensor in trans line
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
nice comeback, very original Mr Ed.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
facts and truth, you're CLUELESS with JUNK!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
you have posted no facts or truths. and I won more rounds last year with my junk than you have in the last 10 years. you love me, face it ed. you love everything about me and are jealous that you cant have win lights like the rest of us on here. You are the village idiot. everyone is just waiting to see what you write next. they keep you here for hits period.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
why do you continue to post in this thread if you don't care? I think he should have them in both spots and do a little experiment. Little like your stature not your moobs. Get off the tech threads if you only offer the "I called this person and they told me that" as your advice. You suck. plain and simple.

ep-Rymo went straight to "you suck". that is my favorite.

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
quote:
why do you continue to post in this thread if you don't care? I think he should have them in both spots and do a little experiment. Little like your stature not your moobs. Get off the tech threads if you only offer the "I called this person and they told me that" as your advice. You suck. plain and simple.

ep-Rymo went straight to "you suck". that is my favorite.

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago | Registered: July 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well,all I wanted to know is where to get a fitting and it has turned into a pissing match because of one individual.And him calling everyone clueless because of his lack of anything else to say. Thanks for everyone else's help.I am sure I can come up with something that will work.

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago | Registered: July 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ollies69:
Well,all I wanted to know is where to get a fitting and it has turned into a pissing match because of one individual.And him calling everyone clueless because of his lack of anything else to say. Thanks for everyone else's help.I am sure I can come up with something that will work.

welcome to drr Ollie. now you are catching on with what happens here.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
you have posted no facts or truths. and I won more rounds last year with my junk than you have in the last 10 years. you love me, face it ed. you love everything about me and are jealous that you cant have win lights like the rest of us on here. You are the village idiot. everyone is just waiting to see what you write next. they keep you here for hits period.

We have all won more rounds, races and Championships than he ever will. Do not let him bother you, he is nobody. The only thing that really bothers me is all the good people he has ran off. We used to have hundreds that read and posted here all the time. Now we have maybe 40 who are always in a pissing contest with little man. Many of those are just here to watch the train wreck.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I'm curious to hear the delta in temperature between the two locations. I hope the OP reports back.

Personally, I believe that trans temp is a lot like tire pressure in that unless something is WAY different, it just doesn't matter enough to worry about.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Here’s an interesting question, why do we measure water temp coming out of the block

Not all of us do.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by botmbulb:
quote:
Here’s an interesting question, why do we measure water temp coming out of the block

Not all of us do.

Are you saying you don’t monitor water temp ?? Can you elaborate ??

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Nichols
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are a couple of different ways you can fix this:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Vibrant-...e/231/10742/10002/-1

If your sensor is 1/8th NPT, you can actually tap one of the legs of this fitting and actually thread the sensor directly in.

A similar solution is:

www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performanc.../555/100526/10002/-1

One fitting may work better for clearance purposes of your line routing and space with your chassis configuration.

Depending on the length of the problem , you want it to be in the fluid stream but not blocking flow.

Posts: 157 | Location: Charlestown, IN U.S.A | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:

You should use the ignore function , It makes being on this site a hold lot more peaceful .

Right

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Depending on your cooler I'd use a fitting like posted above from jegs, 100526, or something similar depending on the threads on your cooler.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Trans temp will effect reaction time and stall speed. Those that feel it's not important please follow me in first rd.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by botmbulb:
quote:

Not all of us do.

Are you saying you don’t monitor water temp ?? Can you elaborate ??

Yes, I monitor water temp. I'll put it this way, the temp coming out of the block does not tell the whole story.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth at this point of this thread...I'm currently in the process of removing my Joe's manifold because I'm not thrilled with it's location. It was clear after the first time out last year it wasn't the best place for a sensor. I'm in the process of moving it to the pan.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
Trans temp will effect reaction time and stall speed. Those that feel it's not important please follow me in first rd.

My warm-up procedure does not involve use of the shifter, and I've never noticed anything. The door car gets double-entered regularly and there is no gauge on it, but there is a beefy hydraulic fluid cooler.

My dragster does not have a cooler, so I'll use fans or water if it gets over 180*.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
http://www.jegs.com/i/NOS/741/16104/10002/-1

This isn't uncommon to try either, temp sensors in both line (or cooler) and trans pan at the same time.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
It was clear after the first time out last year it wasn't the best place for a sensor. I'm in the process of moving it to the pan.

Of course it’s not.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post