DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Temp sensor in trans line
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Temp sensor in trans line
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
The guy is wanting to try something so let him do it!!! No need to bash him because he is trying something on his car with his money. Trying things is how you learn and if you never tried things then there is no way to know your way is the best or fastest only that you assume so.

Ding, ding!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3098 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
who's bashing him? Answer...No one!

who's stopping him? Answer...No one!

who cares what he does? Answer..No one!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So not to change the subject but I have never had Trans temp guage or sensor in any other car but this one I currently have. So what is optimial temp to pull in burnout box and what should it raise in temp on a pass

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320 Racer. My post was not about asking where to put the sensor. It was about the fitting I needed.Like I said before I bracket race this car. And keeping the trans temp consistent round to round is important. Especially in a round robbin situation.So the more I know about the trans temp the better the car becomes. I personally don't comment on things I know nothing about.

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago | Registered: July 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
5 have replied stating theirs in in the pan. sure seems that you are clueless by your comments.

AGAIN, no one cares what you do or why you do it!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And you Sir are a bunch of hot air.commenting on **** you know nothing about.

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago | Registered: July 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^says the guy that clueless. Uncontrollable Laugh

You just can't make this shyt up.

Yep I know nothing except that my racepak temp sensor is in my trans pan and trans fluid rises 1-2 degrees during a 1/4 mile pass. Spitting

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Man asked where to get the fitting to put the sensor in his line. He did not ask where Numedia Duck pond First Round Runner up / BuyBack B!+ch sticks his.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^says this forums biggest crying b i t c h, with the biggest POS that couldn't buy a round at Numidia.

meanwhile must be true because I read it on an internet forum posted by a jealous, clueless NOBODY that ain't got shyt and ain't done shyt!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ollies69:
Trying to install a temp sensor in the -6 trans line. What fitting do you use. The auto meter block that they sell is a monstrosity.

What does this have to do where the placement is , and all of this nonsense ..... dang the question was ask and answered. LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
So not to change the subject but I have never had Trans temp guage or sensor in any other car but this one I currently have. So what is optimial temp to pull in burnout box and what should it raise in temp on a pass

I don’t think there is a optimal temp to shoot for personally. To me I just want to be able to be at the same temp every time... my setup doesn’t get that hot at all so 110-120 is normally where I’m at....

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Calling everybody clueless is bashing.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
I don’t think there is a optimal temp to shoot for personally. To me I just want to be able to be at the same temp every time... my setup doesn’t get that hot at all so 110-120 is normally where I’m at....

exactly and mine is 122-125

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Here’s an interesting question, why do we measure water temp coming out of the block but trans temp going into the trans? Just a question.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Man asked where to get the fitting to put the sensor in his line. He did not ask where Numedia Duck pond First Round Runner up / BuyBack B!+ch sticks his.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
associating yourself with this loser^^^ confirms you are clueless. Meanwhile you've been told by 5 posters here to put the sensor in the pan where it belongs and where every professionally built, wired and plumbed car that I have seen as well as the two I own have it.

Nuff said!

Now do what you already decided to do with your car before you started this thread, no one cares!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Can’t you take the fitting for the line out of the trans then spin a regular tee fitting into the case then put the fitting for the line into the tee and the temp sensor into the tee also.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again, wasted effort, energy and $!

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
why do you continue to post in this thread if you don't care? I think he should have them in both spots and do a little experiment. Little like your stature not your moobs. Get off the tech threads if you only offer the "I called this person and they told me that" as your advice. You suck. plain and simple.
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
associating yourself with this loser^^^ confirms you are clueless. Meanwhile you've been told by 5 posters here to put the sensor in the pan where it belongs and where every professionally built, wired and plumbed car that I have seen as well as the two I own have it.

Nuff said!

Now do what you already decided to do with your car before you started this thread, no one cares!

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^says the CLUELESS nobody with JUNK!