DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cam Lock harnesses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cam Lock harnesses
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
My Simpson belts are always custom ordered.

quote:
My Simpson belts also have the cam lock on the crotch belt .

quote:
Been using a Simpson Camlock harness since day one, back in 1999 and wouldn’t use anything else.

quote:
Simpson has offered aluminum adjusters on their harnesses before pro 1 existed.

I have Pro 1's now with the standard adjuster. My shoulder harness is very hard to pull down to tighten. I have to hold the metal piece up to get it moving.

Are the aluminum adjuster upgrade on the Pro 1 better? Has anyone got the magnetic ends on the belts? It sounds great especially for the shoulder harness that I usually sling over the bar behind me.

Ed, How much are the custom Simpson's? You can PM me if you want...

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tony, I’m driving now, don’t have the receipt in front of me but IIRC, that 5 point bolt in harness in the photo, for my Firebird was $300. My 6 point dragster harness with nomex is more $.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

I have Pro 1's now with the standard adjuster. My shoulder harness is very hard to pull down to tighten. I have to hold the metal piece up to get it moving.

Are the aluminum adjuster upgrade on the Pro 1 better? Has anyone got the magnetic ends on the belts? It sounds great especially for the shoulder harness that I usually sling over the bar behind me.

I got the Pro 1 aluminum adjusters on top belts they are great! Easy to adjust and sure makes it easier with a HANS type device. I got standard on my lap belts as I rarely ever adjust them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Pro 1 here also, made right here in Ft Worth TX by drag racers for drag racers

Called today since one of the cars surprised me with being due (my fault). Pro 1 is two weeks out on belts. I'm sure this is the case a lot of places. Think I will send my Strouds back in to save time.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Next time I need belts I will get the PRO1, looked at a fellow racers car and they are very nice and a good value for the money.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does Pro 1 recertify their belts?

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Does Pro 1 recertify their belts?

Yes

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Jeff may be busy right now but I got custom belts in 10 days.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So did I from Simpson.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Ok good for you. I have nothing against Simpson. Swing where you want too.

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you're the one that talks like 10 days for custom belts is unheard of and aluminum adjusters are a new innovation. Nope, just copied from Simpson a decade later. Laughing very hard

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Go to bed Ed. Isn't it nearly 9 o'clock your time.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
cam lock on crotch belt Right

aluminum adjusters Right

custom belts in 10 days Right

ALL from Simpson and the only manufacture of racing harnesses mention here found in the majority of NHRA Pro cars and Nascar Cup cars as well the innovator of safety equipment for the motorsports racing industry since 1959 Right

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And your point is? The Pro 1 belts are inferior? How exactly? Specifically from an engineering standpoint?

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What part of the truth and facts above don’t you understand or like?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am fine with facts. You can't seem to let it go for some reason. Simpson is very popular equipment nobody is arguing that. There are other options that will do an excellent job as well. Pro 1 seems to have done a nice job with this as of late, and are definitely an up and coming brand, Mr. cool hand himself endorsed the product. I haven't seen him really endorse second rate products. They look like a good USA made product and have good reviews seems like a personal choice; no disadvantage of choosing one or the other.

BG

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Being that you’re fine with FACTS, You know who doesn’t endorse them? John Force along with every NHRA Pro driver and every NASCAR Cup driver. Funny that a company with “Pro” in their name doesn’t have any Pros using their equipment.

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Did you sleep good Ed? You're pretty Feisty this morning.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Saw a story about 2" belts replacing the 3" belts we currently use. Supposedly, 3" are no longer allowed in Nascar Winston Cup.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
...KNOWS!