DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cam Lock harnesses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cam Lock harnesses
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I went to Camlock type is I have had my arm restraints catch the latch and unhook my belts on the latch type. Then with your helmet, neck brace, HANS device or what ever it is really hard to get the belts back hooked up right.

I have never had it do that with my Camlock type. Does not mean it is impossible but I think it is less prone to that. As for unhooking them to get out of the car whether car is on fire or what ever the camlock type is not problem so I do not buy into that argument but if you feel more comfortable with latch type fine with me. You do what you feel comfortable with.

For Pro 1 I do not know of anyone who has went back to any other brand after they tried the Pro1. None. People are leaving other brands and going to Pro1 for a good reason and they are not going back to old stuff. Fact. Including many right here and in the Pros.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Must be true, I read it on a message board posted by a nobody with a pos.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have a race car that wins than one you have to doll up to make it pretty because it's always sitting still after first round..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You ain’t got either! NahNahTounge

Loser imakehp

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
You ain’t got either! NahNahTounge

Loser imakehp

You may very well be correct....Did you pick that date for when you're coming out west little girl?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
One of the reasons I went to Camlock type is I have had my arm restraints catch the latch and unhook my belts on the latch type. Then with your helmet, neck brace, HANS device or what ever it is really hard to get the belts back hooked up right.

I have never had it do that with my Camlock type. Does not mean it is impossible but I think it is less prone to that. As for unhooking them to get out of the car whether car is on fire or what ever the camlock type is not problem so I do not buy into that argument but if you feel more comfortable with latch type fine with me. You do what you feel comfortable with.

For Pro 1 I do not know of anyone who has went back to any other brand after they tried the Pro1. None. People are leaving other brands and going to Pro1 for a good reason and they are not going back to old stuff. Fact. Including many right here and in the Pros.

You mean straps hanging off at the wrist correct?

It's my duty to say, take the jacket off before getting around an engine running. We had a horrifying accident at Sunshine, where a person was pulled into a running engine by the arm restraint strap.

DON'T FORGET

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stevie fucing Wonder can see that 99% use Simpson belts. Laughing very hard

I very much doubt that out of 100 cars, only 1 has non simpson products. But I'll leave it to you to prove since it's your statement.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
When I ordered my Pro 1 belts Jeff asked if I wanted the Aluminium Pro Elite adjusters. It told him I guess so. I didn't have a clue what was so special about them. I installed the belts and sat in the drivers seat. When I buckled up and adjusted my top straps and released the adjusters I understood why he said (If you buy them you will never change back). These things are smooth as silk to operate.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Simpson has offered aluminum adjusters on their harnesses before pro 1 existed.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Insufferable.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why do you waste your time replying? You add nothing relative to the topic and only post moronic remarks!

Now what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don’t you like?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I will say whatever I want whenever I want. Feel free to ignore. You act like a jerk there is a fact.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

The bar was set long ago and I'll continue to run the gold standard... Simpson Race Products, the company born out of burns, crashes and deaths in auto racing, started by Bill Simpson an innovator over 60 years ago and is still unparalleled today and still providing harnesses, suits, helmets to the Professional racers of NHRA and NASCAR as well countless sportsman racers competing in both these organizations.

Simpson...Leading where others can only follow and copy...CHEAPER!

Yeah, Bill had to leave the company when his belts failed in a rather uneventful crash and killed SR. Then he starts a new company that screwed 1,000's of racers by building a suit that you could destroy with a match and then wouldn't give refunds. Yeah, real great guy, and company!!!! NOT!

Dale Sr. died because he refused to wear the restraints properly, or have a proper seat in his race car. He did his OWN seat and restraint installation because NO ONE else would do it the way he wanted it.
Bill Simpson told him repeatedly he was not safe.
Choices made.
It probably didn't help him that he had raced with a broken neck from another incident.
I still feel for Kenny Schrader.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1644 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did not refer to Simpson at all Ed. I was just speaking of my personal experience. The reason I went with the Pro 1 belts was to support one our D4 racers. What I got was a custom set of belts that are he nicest I've ever had.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then you've never had Simpson custom belts.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

The bar was set long ago and I'll continue to run the gold standard... Simpson Race Products, the company born out of burns, crashes and deaths in auto racing, started by Bill Simpson an innovator over 60 years ago and is still unparalleled today and still providing harnesses, suits, helmets to the Professional racers of NHRA and NASCAR as well countless sportsman racers competing in both these organizations.

Yeah, Bill had to leave the company when his belts failed in a rather uneventful crash and killed SR. Then he starts a new company that screwed 1,000's of racers by building a suit that you could destroy with a match and then wouldn't give refunds. Yeah, real great guy, and company!!!! NOT!

His belts didn’t fail in dale sr. crash. One lap belt had a tear in it. And even that wasn’t what killed him. He suffered a basilar skull fracture. But Bill started receiving deaths and left Simpson racing. And started impact racing and for whatever reason he started buying counterfeit SFI tags and was forced out of impact racing.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There were also rumors at the time of the crash that Earnhardt wasn’t wearing his shoulder harness and was known for not wearing it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
As for Dale Earnhardt even if he had a HANS type device it may not have saved him if his belt got cut in the crash. I say that because the belts hold the HANS device down and if they fail it will go forward with the head and neck doing no good.

It was because of the Dale Sr. crash that made the HANS type devices popular. So maybe some lives will have been saved because of it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
As for Dale Earnhardt even if he had a HANS type device it may not have saved him if his belt got cut in the crash. I say that because the belts hold the HANS device down and if they fail it will go forward with the head and neck doing no good.

It was because of the Dale Sr. crash that made the HANS type devices popular. So maybe some lives will have been saved because of it.

Wrong The shoulder harness does the majority of the work on a HANS device. And if NASCAR was more proactive with safety there’s a dam good chance he’d still be alive today. They should have mandated head and neck restraints after Adam petty and Kyle Irwin died. Which happened on a smaller track at slower speeds than Earnhardt’s crash. Earnhardt’s finally got them off their ass and they haven’t had a fatality since.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Simpson belts are always custom ordered.

quote:
My Simpson belts also have the cam lock on the crotch belt .

quote:
Been using a Simpson Camlock harness since day one, back in 1999 and wouldn’t use anything else.

quote: