DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BULLET CAMS - BRODIX sbc Track 1 heads
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BULLET CAMS - BRODIX sbc Track 1 heads
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting to see proof of said record, other than ONE time slip without a backup run and official verification....

My guess is we won't because IT'S NOT A RECORD WITHOUT IT......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I'm still waiting to see proof of said record, other than ONE time slip without a backup run and official verification....

My guess is we won't because IT'S NOT A RECORD WITHOUT IT......

I'll show you the backup when you can show a AFR within 2 mph,,,,, 6.40 at 110.56.

No AFR is even close to the Brodix T1 at 3200 lbs.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike .......... in Every picture you post your car has a cowl hood, That ain't a flat hood

HMMMM

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks flat enough to me. No?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I don't know anyone who has run any AFR's bigger than the 227cc heads on a SBC.

Gotta compare apples to apples.

Looking at the advertised flow numbers, the Brodix 233's flow less than the AFR 235's

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I'll show you the backup when you can show a AFR within 2 mph,,,,, 6.40 at 110.56.

What does AFR have to do with PROOF of a backup run and OFFICIAL VERIFICATION of record??? NONE!!! Without an official backup run, and official verification, THERE IS NO RECORD! PERIOD!! One measly time slip doesn't mean ****.. Additionally, can YOU prove it hasn't been bested somewhere else? Until you can provide this, THERE IS NO RECORD RUN, PERIOD. AFR has ZERO to do with this, and it's not up to me to show you any kind of proof of ****....YOU claim "world record run", yet the only thing you have is ONE time slip....and nothing else.....simply not impressed in the least....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in the fight, but this cracks me up... "Home of Records" top of the slips....

Wish we had something better than 4-5000DA air in my home division.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

What does AFR have to do with PROOF of a backup run and OFFICIAL VERIFICATION of record??? NONE!!! Without an official backup run, and official verification, THERE IS NO RECORD! PERIOD!! One measly time slip doesn't mean ****.. Additionally, can YOU prove it hasn't been bested somewhere else? Until you can provide this, THERE IS NO RECORD RUN, PERIOD. AFR has ZERO to do with this, and it's not up to me to show you any kind of proof of ****....YOU claim "world record run", yet the only thing you have is ONE time slip....and nothing else.....simply not impressed in the least....

This isn't about impressing you. This is about interweb rumors AFR 23 degree are faster than Brodix Track 1 23 degree sbc cylinder heads.

I've been looking since 2017 for a AFR faster than the Brodix Track 1's on my Nova.

Just about everyday I read this BS fantasy land rumor somewhere on the net.

Brodix has the World record fastest 23 degree sbc head out of the box until further notice.

Let me know when you find a AFR faster MPH 3200 lb muscle car.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
6.50s in the 1/8th is nowhere near 9.90s .....

It is when you have 113 mph steam, dummy.

It's been 114.50 mph best.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Maybe Brodix sent me some special sauce because they knew they weren't pissing up a rope.

I know Bullet Cams did. This is a BMF'r camshaft Smile

Bullet Cams / Richard Woooooods

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
[quote]Looks flat enough to me. No? [/quote

NO Mike that is actually called a cowl hood Roll Eyes A flat hood is actually flat.

Typical Liberal democrat move, making up and playing by your own rules Razz

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:

NO Mike that is actually called a cowl hood Roll Eyes A flat hood is actually flat.

If that's a flat hood, what are the other "claims" he's stretching Wink

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
So, if I am following this correct, you have a 454ci SBC with "out of the box" CNC ported 233cc Brodix Track 1's, with a Bullet .700 lift roller in a 3200 lbs car.

Your claim is if you bolted on some AFR 235's or even 245's, it would be slower?

Also, why such a big cam when flow stops at .650 lift?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
So, if I am following this correct, you have a 454ci SBC with "out of the box" CNC ported 233cc Brodix Track 1's, with a Bullet .700 lift roller in a 3200 lbs car.

Your claim is if you bolted on some AFR 235's or even 245's, it would be slower?

Also, why such a big cam when flow stops at .650 lift?

I believe the motor is a 427 SBC, Curly has the 454 SBC.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2541 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:

You're making zero sense here. Go back and read the hypothetical rules I made up.

How am I playing by my own rules when I don't qualify for a hypothetical class, as you're pointing out?

I think a NHRA 9.90 Muscle car class would bring interest as long as it were factory condition oriented, so that means a flat hood, whether or not a 2" cowl hood would be deemed flat enough is unanswered and be determined according to what's best for the hypothetical class.

If rules dictated a flatter hood, I could get one on the car trust me.

Chevelles came from the factory with 2" cowls, I'm pretty sure the spirit of a muscle car class could be upheld with one on a Nova or Camaro.

Now a 4" cowl like you have on your factory condition 69 Firebird, wouldn't fit the spirit of a muscle car class because you can see it from the finish line or across the parking lot, 2" cowl you can't, and I'm presuming this is why you're triggered.

Looks flat enough, no?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
NHRA 9.90 Muscle Car - 9.90 index, 10 x 28" tire max, no throttle stops, 3.70 pro tree, flat hood, 3200 sb, 3400 bb, n/a.

This would be a bad azz class to get all factory condition muscle cars from car shows, to the drag strips.

Look around on FB there's a ton of them.

It'll make the trans brake companies busy again like Super Comp did back in the 80's and 90's,crate engine builders would have to step up their game too. Brodix Track 1 would dominate.

The class would look shaky on run sheets for a year or so, until the info to break the beam on a 370 pro tree double 0's staged shallow, circulated through the pits.

MPH would be king as always.

Front and back seat delete factory condition muscle cars, no stickers allowed.

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
If rules dictated a flatter hood, I could get one on the car trust me.

Chevelles came from the factory with 2" cowls, I'm pretty sure the spirit of a muscle car class could be upheld with one on a Nova or Camaro.

Now a 4" cowl like you have on your factory condition 69 Firebird, wouldn't fit the spirit of a muscle car class because you can see it from the finish line or across the parking lot, 2" cowl you can't, and I'm presuming this is why you're triggered.

Looks flat enough, no?

STILL NO !!!! And far from triggered, just stating the fact's

A flat hood and a 2" cowl hood are certainly not the same !!!
Find me one person, other than you who agrees with your statement Roll Eyes

I have an oem ram-air hood on my kids Firebird, it's actually the same height as the Firebird flat hood, actually flat....... We only ran the 4" cowl "hand made" during his first year of racing because we needed the extra clearance for the restrictor plate to slow it down to 12.50's. We always hated that hood, It's in the rafters where it belongs.
Both our footbrake cars have OEM FLAT hoods, actually FLAT.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
OEM flat Ram Air hood

OEM flat hood

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
OEM flat Ram Air hood

For now LOL