DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BULLET CAMS - BRODIX sbc Track 1 heads
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BULLET CAMS - BRODIX sbc Track 1 heads
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The problem is the weight and the fact most engine builders don't also build transmissions and do ring and pinions.

It'll be very difficult/impossible for anyone to dip in the 5's n/a with out of the box AFR's at 3200 lbs, without these skills.

It'll never happen with a crate transmission with 8 clutches in the drum, 1.80 straight cut low gear and/or 1/4 mile gearing.

You won't run in the 5's n/a with out of the box AFR's at 3200 lbs, if you can't go 1.28 60ft.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Drag racing skillz.

Engines

Transmissions

ring & pinions

*Gearhead*

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You're gonna need a trick engine, trick transmission and trick gearing to go a 5 second 1/8 mile at 3200 lbs, with out of the box AFR's.

It won't happen.

Brodix are the fastest out of the box 23 degree sbc cylinder heads on the planet.

Anybody can bolt on fiberglass doors and fenders, lexan windows.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It’s not all stock with tubular front and no inner fender.
So let’s make a deal. Since I have more money than god and a machine shop for 45 years. I will build an engine the same size as yours and put it in your car. It will run faster and quicker than your hand written time slips. We do it or I call sho/ on you.

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I built all my engines, not my trans or my rear ends. That has nothing to do with anything. I’ll build an engine the same size as yours and we can put it in your car. Let’s see what is faster and quicker than your hand written time slips. No backing out like a *****foot. You game?

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bring your engine to my dyno I’m in Atlanta. Let’s see what it does?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
So let’s make a deal. Since I have more money than god and a machine shop for 45 years. I will build an engine the same size as yours and put it in your car. It will run faster and quicker than your hand written time slips. We do it or I call sho/ on you.

Let me think about it.... I thought about it, ok Smile

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Man, I'm crushed. Why would you take his deal over mine? Lol

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
5.90 at 3200 lbs is about 770 hp. That's a pretty fancy small block.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had two old school steel headed BBC's I sold to build a sbc. Both engines were known to have decent power so I got decent money.

One just showed up I'm getting ready for a donk car, heads ported in Pennsylvania by the same who ported Ed's steel heads. Brandywine

Bad to the bone steel heads, this donk car gonna have some pop.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think I'm gonna use that Crower Beast hydraulic roller cam I used in the third gen camaro, in this.

I've got a big Clay Smith hydraulic roller new in the box here, but it won't do those heads justice, like the Crower Beast. See if I can't find one done on the shelf somewhere. Killer heads.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:
quote:

Man, I'm crushed. Why would you take his deal over mine? Lol

LoL!

I'd like to see one go faster, hell I'm telling how to do it.

Cam, heads, gearing.

I have the dominator top 2892 SV2 intake, PKRE ported for sale. I better keep that, I could always put a 4" cowl hood back on the car.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I built all my engines, not my trans or my rear ends. That has nothing to do with anything. I’ll build an engine the same size as yours and we can put it in your car. Let’s see what is faster and quicker than your hand written time slips. No backing out like a *****foot. You game?

Best average a to b power at the back tire wins.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:

It's all BS....his car doesn't weigh 3200lbs and his heads aren't OTB except from the headporter....and he doesn't have a 5second slip either!

Mike you can claim all you want but you can't prove they are box stock and no one is taking your word on any of your claims.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:

It's all BS....his car doesn't weigh 3200lbs and his heads aren't OTB except from the headporter....and he doesn't have a 5second slip either!

Mike you can claim all you want but you can't prove they are box stock and no one is taking your word on any of your claims.

Alright, so by this post I've accomplished the impossible.

Cheers to all those with the drag racing skill to raise the bar.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:

Alright, so by this post I've accomplished the impossible.

Cheers to all those with the drag racing skill to raise the bar.

Mike....I recently had a guy pit next to me with a Nova like yours except it had the inner fenders with all stock seats and he told me what it weighs with him in it.....you're maybe 2900lbs not 3200

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
2959 nobody sitting in it.

With every bogus claim, all you're telling me is I've accomplished what no one else can, or has.

banjo has the same car with a sbc, ask him what it weighs.

Now, name one other drag racer on this planet who could do it,,,, engine, transmission , ring & pinion.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Then combine that with 13 Super Pro final rounds on 21 entries and 7 Super Pro championships in 10 tries/years.

I lead the league in doing shyt no one else ever has.

Fact.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not even Butler approaches those per entry stats, local.

Fact.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Stats, not panels, opinions/votes.

Statistics.

Timeslips.

Statistics and timeslips are objective facts.

Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one.