DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    wllace calculator accuracy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
wllace calculator accuracy
 Login/Join
 
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Anyone ever ran your setup thru Wallace calculator 1/8 or 1/4 mile et/mph calculations. Would need actual dyno numbers for true comparison.

Just wondering how accurate it is. Math is math and the track is real world.




America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
 
Posts: 4132 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
It’s in the ballpark, but the track numbers are based on the conditions you ran in, while the dyno numbers are always corrected.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3134 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
plus your hp numbers are to the ground .meaning figure losses thhrough drivetrain


honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

 
Posts: 1387 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s right up there with desk top dyno for accuracy, both used by retard rietow to produce his dreamland 5 second time slip. fantasy numbers for the test/tune crowd.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/

Some useful calculators there.
Accuracy? Who knows?
Somewhere between the ET/HP and ET/MPH numbers is the correct number.


"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
 
Posts: 1545 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Another nobody in the drag racing world
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I took a look at it and for a older door car that we ran for a while the numbers are very close when we were at a sea level track with good air.
Here is what the calculator said.

60 Foot 1.70
330 Foot 4.90
660 Foot 7.70
660 MPH 88.28
1000 Foot 10.13
1/4 Mile ET 12.20
1/4 Mile MPH 108.58

The car was typically around 1.68 60' time and 89.5 Mph in the 1/8th at 7.70 ET at sea level. It ran 12.20's at 110 in Woodburn and Seattle.

I have not compared a faster car yet, but for getting a general idea, it seems close enough.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So while not dead on it was not bad for mathematical calculation?

Kind of like the desktop dyno. It is not a real world dyno, but I have run combos from actual dynos aND as long as you feed it accurate info especailly heads, compression and cam it is normally dang close. Normally less than 2% off.




America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
 
Posts: 4132 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its in the ballpark. Alot of variables for sure but mos cars are nowhere near refined enough to take full advantage of the HP.

On the NA10.5 car we run its in the ballpark. SB Chevy all motor obviously Pro flite and Its been 5.0 @ 137 in the 1/8 at 2750lbs, but its not set up for 1/8 miles stuff. 7.80's best of 170 and change. But we get a touch better every time out anymore. Should be able to run a low 7.80 this year and 4.xx likely in the 1/8 next race in a few weeks.


"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
 
Posts: 977 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As has been said, if you have a torque converter slipping 5% or less (refined race car - optimized for drag racing), it's close.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
It’s right up there with desk top dyno for accuracy, both used by retard rietow to produce his dreamland 5 second time slip. fantasy numbers for the test/tune crowd.


B i t c h T i ts dreams about The Ripper, its no wonder 13 final rounds on 21 entries, most Super Pro Championships in the history of Sunshine Dragstrip.

All his big money racer heroes from Florida couldn't top those records, and they raced Sunshine 10-15 years longer than the Ripper.

It's no wonder B i t ch T i ts dreams about The Ripper.

Ripper builds his own engines and transmissions like any other real drag racer does.

Go breast feed the other half of your know nothing, do nothing race team,..... your driver.

Stop dreaming about The Ripper you Fk'n fhag Laughing very hard

 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard no one here cares, no one is impressed about what you did at your duck pond 15 years ago with your cut up shyt box or the junk you assemble mounted on a Chinese stand and using Chinese junk to make your meager living, barely making enough to pay the monthly vig on your double wide, assembling junk that was all the rage in the 90s, nearly 3 decades ago, for the naive, clueless, test/tune crowd in your neighborhood of desk top dyno and Wallace calculator users. Last, Scott Lemen, TORQIN, rusty, seabass, The Bozman, 329L, RacerVX54, pauley, DRB Motorsports, WHOMPWHOMP, TonyB6255, me along with the majority of the regular posters here, are happy you define us as not real racers because we chose to have the BEST engine, transmission and carb builders in the country to be part of our Winning programs. I’m sure I speak for all when I say show up, shut up and put your junk in the other lane and you’ll be schooled as to who here is the real drag racer. Laughing very hard NahNahTounge
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
B i t c h T i ts, being a know nothing, doing nothing is a part of the drag racing journey, not the quest.

No one else here proves daily they've made it their quest, but you.

Everyone I know who drag races for any reasonable amount of time can say they're good at something drag race related, except you.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard, I’m good at WINNING big checks, Wallys none of which you have. NahNahTounge
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
B i t c h T i ts, if you were good at it you could say you were in 13 finals on 21 entries, but you can't.

That's good at it. Once in a blue moon local gambler race, ain't good at it.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
B i t c h T i ts, if you were good at it you could say you were in 13 finals on 21 entries, but you can't.

That's good at it. Once in a blue moon local gambler race, ain't good at it.


I can say that most of us on here, if not all of us, never hit a cone either!!!!!!!

Laughing Hard
 
Posts: 2124 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
B i t c h T i ts, if you were good at it you could say you were in 13 finals on 21 entries, but you can't.

That's good at it. Once in a blue moon local gambler race, ain't good at it.


I can say that most of us on here, if not all of us, never hit a cone either!!!!!!!

Laughing Hard


It's only funny because the claim is absurd, according to self evident evidence to the contrary.

Kinda like Trudeau in Canada trying to convince citizens of Canada, the truckers are Nazi's.

That's funny too, because it's absurd.

You probably think your cute, you're not cute, nor is Trudeau. You're both lying pieces dog shyt who don't mind most people know you're lying pieces of dog shyt.

Maybe you can go to work for Trudeau being cute, show some more people what a lying piece of dog shyt you are eh.

Laughing very hard
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There is obviously error in the calculator, but what I've noticed is if you swap the motor into a different car, it will give you a relatively accurate difference in ET vs Weight of the cars.

In that case the error is already built into the formula for the most part.
 
Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Once in a blue moon local gambler race, ain't good at it.


Retard, the big checks on the wall of my trailer from this past year alone is more $ than you have ever won in total at your duck pond. Spitting
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Retard no one here cares, no one is impressed about what you did at your duck pond 15 years ago with your cut up shyt box or the junk you assemble mounted on a Chinese stand and using Chinese junk to make your meager living, barely making enough to pay the monthly vig on your double wide, assembling junk that was all the rage in the 90s, nearly 3 decades ago, for the naive, clueless, test/tune crowd in your neighborhood of desk top dyno and Wallace calculator users. Last, Scott Lemen, TORQIN, rusty, seabass, The Bozman, 329L, RacerVX54, pauley, DRB Motorsports, WHOMPWHOMP, TonyB6255, me along with the majority of the regular posters here, are happy you define us as not real racers because we chose to have the BEST engine, transmission and carb builders in the country to be part of our Winning programs. I’m sure I speak for all when I say show up, shut up and put your junk in the other lane and you’ll be schooled as to who here is the real drag racer. Laughing very hard NahNahTounge


To add to this, I have learned the hard way of what the "best price" often leaves people with the thoughts of, "it should run better" or the lie of "ive got it turned down to print tickets"


Jeremiah Hall
 
Posts: 696 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    wllace calculator accuracy

© DragRaceResults.com 2024