DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    wllace calculator accuracy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wllace calculator accuracy
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard, you’ve got no balls biotch. I’ll race you, at any big $ gambler bracket race half way between us. Now name the venue or shut the fuc up!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bla bla bla and you were gonna drive to Vegas to race IMAKEHP, yet you never showed up.

You're a bag of hot air hiding behind a keyboard, now you change your tune again, last night you were coming to Florida.

Bring that POS dragster too, and the other half of the dumb and dumber retard drag racing team. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Retard, you’re skeered! You never accepted the many challenges at yb and you’ll never agree to race me even at Bradenton..

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Man boobs is gonna hide behind a keyboard another 30 years pretending to be an expert.

When in reality he's made it his 30 year quest to be a crate engine drag racing retard. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
May as well squeeze some tech in between the trolls posts.

This is a tech section right?

One of the first things I check on these PG's is the full mark on the dip stick.

These Hughes dipsticks are one of the better ones I've seen. You want the full mark on the dipstick 3/4" above the pan rail. Measure at the angle the stick exits the case.

This dipstick is marked perfect.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
@wide, have you made runs in the FED?

Posts: 298 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Some that were so so with some shake. PM sent

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4472 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Garbage In = Garbage Out.

Same as all of the Desktop dyno deals. Most are not very good because there are so many variables and you get one off you mess up the whole deal.

Then you throw in "Happy Dynos" or "Stingy Dyno's" (LOL) and it gets worse. By the way dynos are very accurate but you could change settings to get most any numbers you want out of it. Does not make it any faster.

The CAN be very accurate if all your information is perfect. I use the Wallace calculators once in a while and realize they are only as accurate as the information you put in.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4244 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^ so true. Every builders dyno is stingy, and every competing builder dyno is happy!

Posts: 298 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s why the TRUTH and the FACTS are only found on the time slip.

Further, the best investment for any serious bracket racer is a data logger which an entry level system can be had for under $1,100

http://www.motorsportsinnovati...acepak-sportsman.htm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wallace can't be completely useless because the majority of the equations are based around HP = Torque x RPM / 5252.

That coupled with gear x mph x 336 / tire diameter.

You can do a lot to forecast accurately beforehand, what you're gonna run / new combo, if you know what you're doing with those equations.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard, the question was is it accurate and the answer is NO!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Retard, the question was is it accurate and the answer is NO!

With your know nothing , do nothing skills, wallace probably isn't useful.

But that doesn't pertain to everyone.

You already had Aguire tell you this in this thread.

He's working on one of the fastest most technologically advanced n/a sbc heads up cars on the planet, if not THE most.

Of course they use it, it's a quick access to equations pertaining to HP = Torque x RPM / 5252.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al stated…

quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Its in the ballpark.

The ballpark is huge, That ain’t accurate and you can be sure Al ain’t using these formulas to know with certainty his engine and cars performance!

The good news it’s perfect for the OP, you and the clueless who’s shyt you turn wrenches on.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al stated…

quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Its in the ballpark.

The ballpark is huge, That ain’t accurate and you can be sure Al ain’t using these formulas to know with certainty his engine and cars performance!

Thh hi I good news it’s perfect for the OP, you and the clueless who’s shyt you turn wrenches on.

According to you, everyone you race with is clueless, including yourself.

Your words not mine. Smile

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will give you the simple answer here:

You have to be smarter than the thing your working with first, if you are not then garbage in = garbage out (GIGO)!

All dyno's and flow benches are just measuring tools, period! You can't use data from one to compare to the results from another without some real time/on track results! Once you have this then you have some idea how they compare to each other.

With regards to this post, using a formula(s) to predict MPH and or ET based on HP measured on a dyno, yes you can get decent results assuming you have past data/performance on track from motors that used a specific dyno and that the rest of combination in the race car, not just the motor, is well matched to work together. We do it all the time with a local shop's dyno with new combo's with very good results.

In general I find fast cars and or dragsters, using a MPH HP formula works better than ET because of traction. ET formulas work better than MPH ones in low power Stockers due to their gearing, they are all about ET so usually they are done MPH wise around 1000' or so. So if you understand the big picture and have experience using these formulas you will find decent results using them vs on track performance. If not, GIGO!

Warning Warning: One thing that will mess the formulas up every time vs on track performance…………..

You can't hit the orange foam boxes in the middle of the track, screws up the numbers every time!!!!! Laughing Hard

Posts: 2163 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Falling of chair laughing

Wrong again retard, that’s you and those whose shyt you turn wrenches on, making your meager living.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't do the work of drag racing for those who don't know how, for the money.

I do it for the opportunity to drag race with other peoples money, everyday I do the work.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The latest opportunity allowed to be one of the first to see the new ringless input shaft pump / stator tube design.

These 7 bolt pumps have come a looooong way. Pretty nice now, heavy duty.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe the experts can tell me how much power we make. Here's the slip, 2750lbs, 29.5x10.5(no W) all motor small block with a proflite. Fell free to flameaway. Oh yeah we have dyno numbers from a fairly accurate former pro stock teams dyno.

Oh yeah I know reaction time sucks, but there no reason to be anything but green. And I'm just he dummy turning wrenches on it.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 1023 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The hp/et/mph calculators from WW I have found to be about as accurate as anything. They are my go to.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6449 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post