DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    wllace calculator accuracy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wllace calculator accuracy
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know this is a bracket race forum but for your viewing pleasure here is a video of that pass

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JKpNVnAWcU[/video]

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 1018 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Someone go to Wallace and figure it 4.93 and you'll be close on the HP, maybe dead on.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
I know this is a bracket race forum but for your viewing pleasure here is a video of that pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JKpNVnAWcU

I am going to guess 1050, but it appears the WHOLE combo is flat out right. That thing sounds MEAN!!!!

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, how about weather, da, trans gears and rear gear

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I told ya how to figure it for HP Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Another hint it's over 1100 hp is, the torque rotation of the engine is controlling the dynamics of the chassis.

And not the rotation of the rearend.

I do the trans on one same class makes 883 hp, has been 5.30's.

15 degree sbc 2800 lbs.

This thing is over 1100

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Al, how about weather, da, trans gears and rear gear

Ed there is a reason I say "in the ballpark" Obviouly weater/DA/Altitude play a roll. Look no further than our dragster which we have only run here in Las Vegas. Its a 1920lb Diamond that's been 4.53 153 here,it woudl obviously run better at a sea level track. Plug in those numbers which wont account for altitude and the number is skewed for sure. Hell we do backflips when the baro reaches 28.0, thats mineshaft here Smile. I would say much like it would be for those who run those east coast "mineshaft" air tracks.

I would have to go back and look at the weather, but can tell you at that track in the middle of LA the Barometer rarely gets above 29.3/4. The DA was likely 24-2600' that day mid 80's fall day. Grains are generally below 50 or less, humidity generally under 25%. We run back east as well and have been pretty much the same ET when grains have been 100-130 with much higher humidities. We just make the appropriate changes to the tune to compensate for the water and generally we see much better Barometer readings so it ends up being a wash for the most part.

AS for the gear in the trans, depends on what the conditions call for, like the rear gear and the and the converter(well stator for us as its a bolt together, which I loathe. Pretty sure that run/race was a 5.0 rear gear with the 2.14 first Proflite. We do not have the car set up for 1/8 miles stuff as we concentrate on 1/4 mile for back easy NMCA stuff. Its a heads up car and we try to optimize every aspect of the car to the conditions. We do the best we can with a 400 small block at weight. I woudl agree for most guys who stuff is FAR from optimized the calculator might be a bit harsh to the ego but its just math. MPH, Weight, ET is just simple math from there.

I have spent most of my time the last few years around the heads up stuff. I have played a bit in brackets and TS, but have not really concentrated on it. I am actually putting together a new ride for brackets and S/ST again. Hoping it will be ready by years end but I will still be doing the heads up stuff in NA10.5 as I have been since 2011

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Al Alguire,

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 1018 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Maybe the experts can tell me how much power we make. Here's the slip, 2750lbs, 29.5x10.5(no W) all motor small block with a proflite. Fell free to flameaway. Oh yeah we have dyno numbers from a fairly accurate former pro stock teams dyno.

Oh yeah I know reaction time sucks, but there no reason to be anything but green. And I'm just he dummy turning wrenches on it.

As a WAG, leaving out the weather correction factor, 1180 to 1230.

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Who's got an old school Moroso "slide rule" calculator laying around?
Surprisingly, it's fairly accurate, if you are running a stick shift car. Converter torque multiplication and slip throws some curves at it. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
The latest opportunity allowed to be one of the first to see the new ringless input shaft pump / stator tube design.]

looks just like the one I bought from Coan about 8-9 years ago , along with the ringless shaft , ...

Posts: 787 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:
The latest opportunity allowed to be one of the first to see the new ringless input shaft pump / stator tube design.]

looks just like the one I bought from Coan about 8-9 years ago , along with the ringless shaft , ...

It is same as always, ive ordered several this winter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 329L,

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
quote:

It is same as always, ive ordered several this winter.

You haven't seen the new design ringless input pro mod pump.

It's new.

This is the old design.

The same design Coan uses, only the Coan ringless journal on the input shaft is slightly larger, takes larger rings in the stator tube.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is the new design 2508A ringless 7 bolt pump. I'm hesitant to show the difference here because it's new.

I got two seven bolt pumps on the same day UPS from different companies, one was the old style in the same type styrofoam case.

This is the pump we're using for the new transmission I'm doing for the 4.30's - 4.40's dragster with the n/a 585.

It'll also have a 1.64 low gear.

They probably put *new* on the box, so they know what they're pulling off the shelf.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I just got 3 in today that look just like your first picture. Same 2508a part number. And i just talked to Chris, and he said there isnt any difference.......

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got 3 in today that look just like your first picture. Same 2508a part number. And i just talked to Chris, and he said there isnt any difference.......

cmon man , he just told you its not the same one we've all been buying from Coan for years .. its all new ... the shaft is .003 larger and the bushings are as well .. you know "ALL NEW " ..

Posts: 787 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

cmon man , he just told you its not the same one we've all been buying from Coan for years .. its all new ... the shaft is .003 larger and the bushings are as well .. you know "ALL NEW " ..

EXACTLY!

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Since I mentioned we would run a 4.xx next time out just wanted to update.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
TORQUE = HP x 5252 ÷ RPM

Pretty cool when you can put a dial-in on it, on the stand.

Math