DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
I do have a serious question. Is the converter one of kennys 10”? I got him to fix me one for my new car that came in on the tight side. I sent it back to him for some changes but have not run it yet. Hoping it is close to what your graph looks like. Maybe a smidge tighter.

ep

The effective gear (tire diameter + gear ratio) are the big to do for the appearance of the graph, once the preferred observed stall is achieved.

So if I said we got a 9" toyota with 8" internals or 10" converter, or any other converter, it's not gonna help you to forecast how your graph appears beforehand.

The appearance of the graph is determined by the effective gear ratio in play.

If they missed on the stall, that's power

If they missed on graph, that's on you too, that's the effective gearing.

It's really up to you to tailor both, power and gearing.

How much the converter slips at the stripe is on them according to weight, projected mph (power) and gearing.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So what I'm saying is, it's not a 8", 9" or 10" that determines the appearance of graph.

The observed stall is determined by power.

Once you get the stall you prefer by their adjustment in the converter, or by you adding power.

Then you can tailor the graph with gearing if you want to.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Old Mike has you guys & gals panties in a twist, chasing your tales in circles; some more than others. He's definitely pulling the strings & adding extra pull on them Twisted Granny Panties. You suckers are swallowing hook line & sinker, but then again...you swallow, but no spit; not that matters! Wink

2BKING, enjoying the cheap entertainment! Big Grin Full Moon

Thread headed for 10,000 views; Mike is pulling extra hard on the string controlling ED's twisted granny panty!

2BKING Wink

Relaxing

12,000+ Twisted Granny Panty views with Mike pulling all the strings, some harder than others. I declare Mike the winner, great job! You have force them to have their Nice Big Cups of STFU!

2BKING has the power! Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2543 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Old Mike has you guys & gals panties in a twist, chasing your tales in circles; some more than others. He's definitely pulling the strings & adding extra pull on them Twisted Granny Panties. You suckers are swallowing hook line & sinker, but then again...you swallow, but no spit; not that matters! Wink

2BKING, enjoying the cheap entertainment! Big Grin Full Moon

Thread headed for 10,000 views; Mike is pulling extra hard on the string controlling ED's twisted granny panty!

2BKING Wink

Relaxing

12,000+ Twisted Granny Panty views with Mike pulling all the strings, some harder than others. I declare Mike the winner, great job! You have force them to have their Nice Big Cups of STFU!

2BKING has the power! Cool

Yes Sir

69,69, 69, 69, 69, 69, 69, 69, 69 stuck on 4.69 cup of STFU! Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
pauley,

If your observed stall is the same as ours hypothetically at the hit (6650) and a little different from ours (6818) at the drop back after the shift. It's not that you're being shortchanged by any given torque converter builder in the build, the difference would be in your gearing hypothetically speaking.

Typically what it stalls on the trans brake wfo with no rev limiter, is what it'll flash stall at the hit on the drag strip represented on the graph. As example this graph, ours went to 6650 on the trans brake first night we installed the converter and tested it in this fashion, at the shop.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you have an active stator in play, you really don't wanna test it on the trans brake, but maybe one time.

It's not good for it.

Spragless converter you can test it on the trans brake until the input shaft breaks, it won't bother it. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Observed stall 6632

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
69, 69, 69, 69, 69, 69, 69, 69.

What would I do next if it were mine?

I'd take one pound of it 100 times.

Not for et but for consistency.

Or more if I could....

I'd rather a 1700 lb 4.60 - 4.70 dragster than a 1800 lb 4.60 - 4.70 dragster, any day.

That ain't weird, it's common sense.

Don't worry about weird, you already got the weirdest dragster in the race.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Kenny originally fixed me something to spray so it was pretty tight to run on motor. I decided i am not going to spray so he loosened it up. have not got it back in yet so i dont know what it looks loike now. he said it is one of his 10" with 8" internals. i am not a converter guy so i told him whatever he thought. i have been dealing with Kenny for many years. he is a super good dude.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kenny originally fixed me something to spray so it was pretty tight to run on motor. I decided i am not going to spray so he loosened it up. have not got it back in yet so i dont know what it looks loike now. he said it is one of his 10" with 8" internals. i am not a converter guy so i told him whatever he thought. i have been dealing with Kenny for many years. he is a super good dude.

ep

Racer too.

I run a TSI for a couple decades BUT when I get myself in between a rock and a hard spot, I call Kenny F0rd. Nobody is more experienced with one off custom torque converters than Kenny F0rd - Lane.

This is a bad dude PTC converter in this dragster, I could not be happier for its owner and the young lady driving this car. Things will get very good them now. She'll be a threat to win anywhere as she has already shown, off the trailer.

You're in good hands,,, Good luck Sir.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
it is one of his 10" with 8" internals.
ep

Ed every converter builder offers this converter, including BTE and Hughes, it's a Toyota core and what we've been running in the dragster since day 1, what Luke Bogacki runs and what Todd Bones Ewing runs to name just a few.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
it is one of his 10" with 8" internals.
ep

Ed every converter builder offers this converter, including BTE and Hughes, it's a Toyota core and what we've been running in the dragster since day 1, what Luke Bogacki runs and what Todd Bones Ewing runs to name just a few.

They'd have never had to do this configuration, if there were more Cortina core converters available to build race converters.

Paul Yeeerger told me 20 plus years ago to hold on to a Cortina core converter I had/have.

PTC takes care of that one for us, now that Paul is retired.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's in nobody's best interest anyone makes it look easy.

RIPPER WRENCH, it is what it is.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Happy horse

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's a good horse, could be a better horse with this and a House of Pain starter.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
n/a bbc hot rod dragster

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to convince costelllllo out of two 50 lb batteries for one 8 pound battery, and a house of pain starter.

#GOOD HORSE

If it's a good horse with two 50 lb batteries, it'll be a better horse with one 8 lb battery.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This man moved 11 lbs around on his horse from just in front of his feet, to the nose.

The horse accelerates the gate better, nose down.

His brother was a Pro Modified world champion so he learned it from that experience, a little is a lot.

Solid 4.30-4.40 car now, Reher Morrison 583 BBC

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They just won a 10k with it 3-4 months ago Bradenton second time out on Adam Drzayich Penske shocks, Ripper transmission.

Adam crewchief K. Kelleey car.

Testing battery relocation first time this weekend. Interesting early results already, I think.

This was in a lot better, cooler mindshaft conditions, lower leave rpm a couple weeks ago Gainesville.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post