Tools

Lithium Again
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
My fire starter has arrived Wrong

This ain't no cheap chinese lithium ion battery this is the best lithium battery for drag racing according to many racers and of course it's Made in U.S.A. USA

The best $2,000 I didn't spend for .03 in ET Laughing Hard

Coukd have got you way more than that at Scott’s the other for less than 2000 lol

Posts: 1262 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Braille Lithium installed on Saturday, reduced weight exactly 40 lbs.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lol

Power Tool

quote:
A Lithium Pro battery was in Dave Connelly's/Gray's pro stock car a few years that started fire at a national event.

NO THANKS!

There will never be a lithium battery in my cars as they have proven to be unstable in planes, race cars, phones, computers, hoover boards, etc.

When the big 3 install them as standard equipment in all their passenger cars and trucks, maybe then I'll change my mind.

Posts: 721 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Jerk off, you’re a clown with a impressive record of 12 failed attempts, 12 years trying and failing to get passed rd2 at your home shythole in S/C and most of those 12 attempts have resulted in a 1st round loss. To one up yourself, you now have started a new stat for yourself, 2 for 2 in failed attempts to get to the 2nd round of TD too. The icing on the cake is your pos broke resulting in a no show rd1 Laughing very hard Falling of chair laughing

Keep laughing out loud while my son and I keep winning Wally’s and big $ and our marketing partners supply us with, parts, services and capital! Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Only thing you’re right about is me and the rest of the pits will keep laughing.

Pretty funny spending all this money on a lithium battery to lighten up a fat pig of a car that has a 26” cage and 1/4” floor pan because it was built for a 400# driver Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

1840+ with an aluminum block? Pathetic.

Posts: 721 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
Lol

Power Tool

quote:
A Lithium Pro battery was in Dave Connelly's/Gray's pro stock car a few years that started fire at a national event.

NO THANKS!

There will never be a lithium battery in my cars as they have proven to be unstable in planes, race cars, phones, computers, hoover boards, etc.

When the big 3 install them as standard equipment in all their passenger cars and trucks, maybe then I'll change my mind.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows by now the runts word is worthless....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong jerk off on both

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wrong jerk off on both

It would be easy to go back and list the times you've "changed your mind" after motherfuc'n people for years for doing something you now say is the only way to do it. Or the many times you were just flat out wrong, but I'm not going to bother listing all of them,
because....well...you're just not worth that much of my time. You'll just deny it and everybody else already knows...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Wrong jerk off on both

It would be easy to go back and list the times you've "changed your mind" after motherfuc'n people for years for doing something you now say is the only way to do it. Or the many times you were just flat out wrong, but I'm not going to bother listing all of them,
because....well...you're just not worth that much of my time. You'll just deny it and everybody else already knows...

He can change his mind if he wants. Problem is he spent years blasting everyone who went to 16 volt system, Lithium batteries or MT tires or what ever. We do not care what he runs the problem is he runs his mouth about what we run.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
FACT…16volt batteries fail without warning

FACT…Lithium batteries over heat resulting in fire and their only benefit is lite weight.

FACT…empties do not retain air

FACT…empties do not get comparable # of passes as the most popular tire in all of drag racing, HOOSIER

FACT…empties chunk on the cars/ETs they were designed for

FACT…empties QA/QC is poor at best.

Now what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don’t you like that I have stated here for years abd still do?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
FACT…16volt batteries fail without warning

FACT…Lithium batteries over heat resulting in fire and their only benefit is lite weight.

FACT…empties do not retain air

FACT…empties do not get comparable # of passes as the most popular tire in all of drag racing, HOOSIER

FACT…empties chunk on the cars/ETs they were designed for

FACT…empties QA/QC is poor at best.

Now what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don’t you like that I have stated here for years abd still do?

And yet, you have all that on your (Kyles) car just to try and be cool....Can't make the stuff up LOL

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
90% of the Dragsters at the Spring Fling Million had MT tires on them. Fact. Including the winning Dragster. Fact.

As for the 16 volt / 12 volt / Lithium it does not matter to me one bit. They all do the job. The 12 volt system seems to be more dependable. 16 volt does spin over a little faster and go dead a little quicker and Lithium is lighter. Pick your poison does not make a hill of beans to me. Which ever one you like best is the one.

I have not used the Lithium batteries yet but I suspect they may be similar in that they go dead quickly with little warning. With that said if I really needed to lose weight on my car I would seriously consider the Lithium batteries. Should I ever go to Lithium would probably use two and charge them between rounds.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
90% of the Dragsters at the Spring Fling Million had MT tires on them. Fact. Including the winning Dragster. Fact.

The Spring Fling Million had one winner and that winner was on Hoosiers.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3165 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
THIS^^^ and again tires don’t win races, drivers do!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:

And yet, you have all that on your (Kyles) car just to try and be cool....Can't make the stuff up LOL

This sport is all about monkey see, monkey do. There are very few innovators in bracket racing. The ones that do are typically labelled cheaters.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

The Spring Fling Million had one winner and that winner was on Hoosiers.

Dylan Hough won the race for the Dragster on Tuesday and on Saturday I think he won another race for 2? -$50,000 checks? and he was on MT tires on his dragster like 90% of the dragsters there were.

The big event winner that week was Andy Schmalls in a door car. Did not see what tires he was running but he kicked tail and won the big one.

I did notice 90% of the dragsters there were running MT tires and there has to be a reason for that. Stating the Facts and you can ask them why they run them because I do not care.

If you think MT tires are junk do not tell me about it, tell the 90 of the Dragsters there about it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:

This sport is all about monkey see, monkey do. There are very few innovators in bracket racing. The ones that do are typically labelled cheaters.

X2

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1522 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]

I did notice 90% of the dragsters there were running MT tires and there has to be a reason for that. Stating the Facts and you can ask them why they run them because I do not care.

Just going to throw this out there, I bet 90% of those 90% do not know how to properly adjust their cars to make them work better if they did make a switch to a tire with better quality control that will hold air and not blister and chunk on fast top dragsters, that's why they wont even try. And MT takes that to the bank and have no reason to fix the problems with their tires.

Like it was posted above, its monkey see monkey do

Posts: 2435 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Hoosier has also released the c1350 34x14x16 to give the dragsters running the little Bubba another choice.

Posts: 2435 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post