New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lithium Again
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed you need to check with the battery company usually the lithium dont like to be charged at the same rate is the non lithium so they need to adjust the alternator

Posts: 156 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:
how much ET the 40 lb. reduction is worth.

The bigger the motor the less they care. Your PAR 706 probably won't care.

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:

Absolutely not! When I add a full NOS bottle, 25 lbs plus the mounting bracket, the ET slip shows it! Even the 60' does. A 40lbs loss of weight will make the car about .04 quicker.

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We'd be happy with .03

quote:
quote:

Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We'd be happy with .03

quote:
quote:

Laughing very hard
Dont see how that’s worth the change

Posts: 1264 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's worth it is because it's the only option we have to cut 40 lbs. from this car.

quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
Ed you need to check with the battery company usually the lithium dont like to be charged at the same rate is the non lithium so they need to adjust the alternator

I'll do that, thanks Vince

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It all depends on weight of car already and how close your converter is setup to your combination. I have backed to back swapping batteries from Lithium to a 46lb XS and it's 3 hun with 1 car and 2 hun with the other. Battery is located in the nose of both. Also I added an alternator if I put my heavy battery in at the same time. I now have an alternator with both combinations.

Posts: 60 | Location: N.C | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What insurance company would cover a racecar fire at the racetrack?
I would buy some of that.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CManuel:
It all depends on weight of car already and how close your converter is setup to your combination. I have backed to back swapping batteries from Lithium to a 46lb XS and it's 3 hun with 1 car and 2 hun with the other. Battery is located in the nose of both. Also I added an alternator if I put my heavy battery in at the same time. I now have an alternator with both combinations.
more good info.

I haven't decided yet where this battery will be installed, it can go in the nose

or in front of the air compressor where the current D1600 is

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m not a fan of Fred.

Big Grin me to

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1525 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I prefer the nose just so I can access the battery in an emergency quickly. When I first got my Featherlite they gave me wrong info on what alternator I could run and I burned a whole in the side of it within 1 pass. They did warranty it and remedy the issue I had and it has worked great except for 1 instance that I believe was my own fault the morning of the million last year.

Posts: 60 | Location: N.C | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Cameron. So what is your alternators output?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark made both of my alternators at 17.7v max. They seem to work great at that setting so far.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
To be fair even without alternators both batteries have been quite impressive with double entering.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That's what I want to hear

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
more good info.

I haven't decided yet where this battery will be installed, it can go in the nose

I swear someone told me this weekend that XS had a new battery out that had almost double the power….but also very lightweight maybe something to check into

Posts: 1264 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
The weight matters. I remember a drag review story about changing to aluminikm block. 100 lb.s les and it picked up .10. This was a 6.30 or 6.40 car before swap.
A friend running TA/D with injected nitor pulled 40 lbs off car at Gators and it picked up .05, but these thing are far from consistent. He said his tune up was identical to past before.
I know the gain is not 100=.10 for 1/8 but it is good portion of it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4207 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I bought from Fred b4...NEVER again. Batteries were weaker than heavy Battery from the beginning for me.

I have used the GO lithium starting 4 years this season...A Z Z dragging when starting and after 5 starts moving thru lanes it's just low in strength after 3 years of use. Sent 4 of them back to Go lithium for a rebuild. They were good for the 1st 3 years with a ton of use on 2 of them and the other set had very little use on them and always kept a charge up. The set with less use was actually worse when put in a car for 1st time this year.

After the money I spent on 4 Batteries and 3 chargers my expectations are high and hoping for more power out of them after rebuild.

Always charged b4 cars get loaded to go home and all cars have alternators adjusted to not overcharge from HOP. 139 starters and flex plates from HOP as well. We only saw 2 hundreds between white XS heavy battery vs 2 go lithium.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
quote:
more good info.

I swear someone told me this weekend that XS had a new battery out that had almost double the power….but also very lightweight maybe something to check into

XS Lithium

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer2757
posted Hide Post
after quite a bit of research and talking with people last year i switched to the braille .after one full year and im still impressed with it and have now put one in my other car as well .personaly had zero issues double entered 1/8 or 1/4 mile racing and as far as e.t. goes it was .03 over the xs16 for me

Posts: 62 | Location: old hickory tn | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post