Notify
Tools

Lithium Again
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Less than desirable from my experience with the Braille and I bought the charger and battery combo new for my previous t/s car. 1. It just didn't seem to provide adequate amps after a couple of starts in the lanes. 2. Cold temps made it virtually useless unless you kept it warm in the LQ thru the night racing or warmed it before. Bumping the starter seemed to drag it down also. 10 minutes is a fallacy on charging if pulled down also. 3. Never...ever...ever let a lithium battery fully discharge because they can change polarity. 4. My new car doesn't have a lithium battery and this ain't comp or Pro stock so keep the antique heavy battery and your money imho.

Appreciate your input. That said, my son wants the 40 lb. weight loss so it looks like he’s going to order it after speaking to several of his friends including the Eisenhower’s that run this battery and he got a money back guarantee from the vendor. I’ll report back later in the season.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
" I’ll kick your ass on or off the track " Blue Man

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Wrong I’ve got the big checks, I’ve got the Wallys and you ain’t got either. Further, I stepped out of seat to focus on making my son one of the best bracket & class racer in the country under 30 and 5 years later mission accomplished! Division champ, 2x runner up in division, Jegs All Star, #4 in the world, $5, 10, 20 and 50k big $ winner.

Now As I’ve told you before broke dyck I’ll kick your ass on or off the track all you have to do is show up!

YOU have not done anything. You are a First Round Runner up and Loser. All your worthless life has amounted to is paying for your Son to drive.
YOU can not drive and are nobody living on coattails of your own Son. You are nothing and never will amount to anything. We all know it and you are the joke of the track. Your little life is useless and nobody is impressed except a few Nuthuggers. (All Nuthuggers feel free to speak up now)

And when you say you will kick someones butt what you mean is your Son will. You sound like one of those little Kindergartners saying "My Daddy can beat up your Daddy" Grow up Biotch. It is sad to see a supposedly grown man acting like a little child. Your threats do not scare real men.

Now little ankle biter shut your testicle taster and go away.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4042 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ED triggered again....because we can!

2BKING has the power. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2580 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you're just a hater and a p u s s y with a POS. Show and I'll kick your ass!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don’t know about the Braille but the Altronics is not supposed to be charged while running the fan and water pump. Ed, I’ll let Bill tell you about his Lithium experience next time we see you.

Personal opinion, they’re gonna have to improve a lot before I put one in my junk.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Cash is right. Do not put charger on when discharging. Good luck !

Posts: 1241 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
internet tough guy

Back at you. Wink Laughing very hard

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2580 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed

FYI, I know of a few racers that put a Go Lithium 16v battery in, it worked fine until 4th round then it could not keep up. To make this work you need two! One went back to his 40lbs 16v battery and the other tow's up and back.

FYI, my little 12v battery still works great!

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
I was parked next to Chad Greens new promod that he was shaking down in comp a couple years ago @ Topeka divisional. It caught on fire similar to Grays prostock picture Ed posted. No thanks. I'll stick with the XS battery.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, I heard the same stories about other lithium batteries but supposedly Braille’s 16v Lithium battery is the best there is. I’m told Jamie Sirocco runs this battery in his 2014 Undercover and based on what I’ve seen with my own eyes, he had no issues, double entered in the Harrington $50k last July, running Kyle twice and going out in rd 6 IIRC.

Mike, without question fires associated with cheap Chinese lithium batteries are always in the news and I personally saw a lithium battery on fire in a T/S car back in 2020 at VMP but it wasn’t a Braille nor Go Lithium. Today, many bracket and class racers now run lithium batteries and we aren’t seeing fires.

That said, I’ve got insurance and I’ll be watching it closely at least for a while. If the battery fails to crank my engine over in the late rounds, it will
Take less than 5 minutes to swap back to my XS POWER D1600.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al, I heard the same stories about other lithium batteries but supposedly Braille’s 16v Lithium battery is the best there is. I’m told Jamie Sirocco runs this battery in his 2014 Undercover and based on what I’ve seen with my own eyes, he had no issues, double entered in the Harrington $50k last July, running Kyle twice and going out in rd 6 IIRC.

Mike, without question fires associated with cheap Chinese lithium batteries are always in the news and I personally saw a lithium battery on fire in a T/S car back in 2020 at VMP but it wasn’t a Braille nor Go Lithium. Today, many bracket and class racers now run lithium batteries and we aren’t seeing fires.

That said, I’ve got insurance and I’ll be watching it closely at least for a while. If the battery fails to crank my engine over in the late rounds, it will
Take less than 5 minutes to swap back to my XS POWER D1600.
I would have to unhooked that dang thing when sitting in my trailer or shop….I wouldn’t be able to sleep

Posts: 1264 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I feel the same, I’ll let you know how it goes and how much ET the 40 lb. reduction is worth.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
who has 1st hand experience with Braille's B168L 16V Lithium battery? My son wants to try it, (1) battery for the 40 lb. weigh savings over our XS POWER D1600.

quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
I've done the 16v braille lithium deal and was less than impressed with it overall.

Let's here about it...cold starts, driven to the lanes and from the ticket booth, double entry, round robin, less than 10 minutes to charge, can it skip a charge between late rounds, any issues bumping the starter to check/set valves?

Ed.....I have the Braille 12v in my car and the truck.

I had the set in the truck go bad in 14months and replaced them with something else.
I personally will not buy anymore.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I run that Braille battery in my door car with a HOP ultra mini alternator. No issues driving to/from the lanes and running both stages of NOS with electric fuel pump, water pump, fan, o2s, etc. I can get the exact voltage specs from a Racepak log file.

I have a friend that just switched to this battery in his TD that has the HOP super mini alternator. Over 17 volts going down the track this weekend at VMP - electric fuel pump, water pump, fan, o2s, etc. No issues there either.

Posts: 118 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It may take 5 minutes to swap back to the 16 volt battery but when it fails will be in late rounds and when they tell you "Fire it up and run them" you got nothing and no time. Been there done that.

Not worth it. As for burning car down if you know there is a possibility of fire and you put it on the car and it burns it down will insurance pay?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4042 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes, no exclusion I’ve checked. NahNahTounge

Rodney, Good info thanks. I’ve got the HOP ultimate big dawg 139 starter and a 120 amp alternator.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have both Braille and Featherlite lithium batteries in my 2 dragsters. Tell Kyle to text me if he has any questions. I have had good and bad experiences with them. I do prefer my Braille to my Featherlite in all fairness.

Posts: 60 | Location: N.C | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Run the xs titan 8 with same charger and alt. so far so good.

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post