New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engine Stands
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
another made in the USA, heavy duty engine stand used by professional engine builders and race teams

http://www.axeequipment.com/engine-stands.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyYCAJmvc4s&t=19s

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Only rietow a clueless retard would take either of those pos Chinese stands over a 1250 lb. capacity, made in the USA, engine stand manufactured by one of if not the best in professional automotive equipment.

Take it up with your congressman while you're voting.

No different than the rest, made in Mexico.

Only know nothing, do nothing "Crate engine ED" would purchase a mexican engine stand.

Wait a minute, no he wouldn't, all Ed needs is a crate

"Crate engine Ed" doesn't own an engine stand.Laughing very hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong again retard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Wrong

I don't care where it's made, I see several flaws in it's design which make it obsolete at best.

Remember, I'm the experienced of the two of us, I build my own engines and you buy crate engines. So I doubt you even own an engine stand.

If you paid $600 for this, it's because you're inexperienced.

Stick with recommending Made in USA crates for engines, where you're experienced.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care where it's made, I see several flaws in it's design which make it obsolete at best.

I've owned my first NMW stand for 34 yrs and I honestly don't think it's EVER sat idle Razz
Seriously, It's always had an engine on it, like for 34 yrs straight !!!! And still works like new.

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

I've owned my first NMW stand for 34 yrs and I honestly don't think it's EVER sat idle Razz
Seriously, It's always had an engine on it, like for 34 yrs straight !!!! And still works like new.

Take a few photo's with the engine on it, and I'll point out what's wrong with it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These cookie trays are the chit if you have multiple projects going on, or you can throw one under your engine stand, to keep oil off the floor.

$8.69 on Amazon, love em.

Just throw all the chit in that tray.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
More Chinese shyt promoted by our retard.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is a drag racer related thread retard, nothing here pertains to you.

Admittedly you're a know nothing, do nothing poser.

If you don't like something was made in china take it up with the congressman you voted in, who allowed America to be sold out.

Idea's for drag racers don't pertain to you retard. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Retard, show us your big checks and wallys, otherwise STFU Spitting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Know nothing, do nothing crate engine drag racing retard Ed, there's nothing unique about a Wally, thousands upon thousands have them. Hell they give em out at local duck ponds like yours.

Now show us your 5 second 3200 lb sbc car with out of the box conventional 23 degree cylinder heads, or show us anyone else's?

That would be unique, but you can't because no one else can do it, or at least so far.

Even more unique, the driver built the engine, transmission and set up the ring gear.

Now get back to your dreaming to be a drag racer some day, instead of the poser you are today and have been thirty years. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
retard, yep many racers have Wallys but you ain't one of them. NahNahTounge just as you don't have a 5 second 3200 lb sbc car, at least not one that can produce a 5.99 without N20! Spitting

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
for those that never touched a barbell, EZ curl bar or dumbbell like the OP aka retard rietow this is for you and what appears to be a very robust folding engine stand that is rated for 990 lbs. with crank rotation from an Italian Company with branches in the US and 8 other countries including china too which I suspect is where this stand is made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7O8k1w8Xc&t=1s

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got this one on request of a friend who wanted one. I might just keep it, he hasn't said anything about picking it up. It has been in a box sitting around here for a week or so.

I have an all aluminum tall deck BBC to repair to go on it, out of a Ray Miller dragster. Plus I have another 496 being machined, be done any day, going in a 69 Camaro rotisseri.

May as well keep it.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Some nice examples. I guess being broke dyck I will just stick with my 35 yo home made stand.Heck it has worked for hundreds of engine builds. Should said they, since have 2. One had a SBC hanging on it for about 12 years because I was playing with Harleys and they take different kind of stand all together.LOL

My anti q cost mae about 40 bucks and hour or two to build.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'd like to find just the rotating head to retrofit my stand with. It's a pain to rotate engines by hand. I haven't seen any though, but I'll keep looking. Don't need to buy a whole new stand...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1471 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I'd like to find just the rotating head to retrofit my stand with. It's a pain to rotate engines by hand. I haven't seen any though, but I'll keep looking. Don't need to buy a whole new stand...

Among other aspects you'll notice when you start using a crank stand is when you have tools in your hands, you don't have to put them down and exit the task you're doing at that moment, in order to make a small adjustment to the angle of the engine.

Efficiency.