New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engine Stands
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This one will kick Archie Bunkers azz out of the White House, with ease $$. Big Grin

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
That one is virtually identical to the Summit branded one my buddy has...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1470 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
That one is virtually identical to the Summit branded one my buddy has...

Yes Sir.

If ya like blue, it'll cost ya the white house too.

This one is $371.99

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The stand I have coming, if the box doesn't have holes in it, and I'm not forced to return it.

The plan is to drill 1/4" holes in these two spots on both sides, and stick a long M6 grade 8 bolt all the way through with a locking nut & washer out of my grey box, to act as a pin to hold the leg in. 86 the set screw approach in the design.

Other than that it should be a bad dude. As long as nothing is missing (uprights), I can use my grey box to make it happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:
I bought a similar stand of the Jegs one from Matco Tools 20 years ago. It has been flawless in durability and operation. Rotating effortlessly is a big plus for sure.

It's probably where the blueprint for this design originated, Matco Tools.

I have a Dean Skuza Matco Tools box, nice unit.

Sounds good, I bet it is nice to use, flawless.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Boxed like a Boss boxed it!

This is gonna be good!

I'm glad I followed DLR's lead on this one.

Looks like the LS I'm doing is gonna see this engine stand after all! I Luv it! Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
T I T S

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
chinese JUNK!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
chinese JUNK!

Chinese T I T S!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chinese T I T S, how do you like em so far Mike?

I love em! Smile

Scorn American women and we'll win. American women have the balls in many households, by design!!

Archie Bunker is public enemy #1

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The Hypocrite who spends endless amounts of time posting about the evils of buying Wing Wong anything has no problem with his new Jeg’s Wing Wong engine stand and loves it.

Metal is thin, bolts are junk quality, wheels probably are too so make sure you keep your feet out from under it.

I have a Wing Wong fold up engine hoist so I know what poor quality they produce. It works but is a POS compared to any quality unit.

My main engine stand is a 30-40 year old NMW

The metal tubing is probably almost double the thickness of the Wing Wong stuff.

Yea I know it’s whats out there now but I’m sure you could find better stuff.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
The Hypocrite who spends endless amounts of time posting about the evils of buying Wing Wong anything has no problem with his new Jeg’s Wing Wong engine stand and loves it.

Metal is thin, bolts are junk quality, wheels probably are too so make sure you keep your feet out from under it.

I have a Wing Wong fold up engine hoist so I know what poor quality they produce. It works but is a POS compared to any quality unit.

My main engine stand is a 30-40 year old NMW

The metal tubing is probably almost double the thickness of the Wing Wong stuff.

Yea I know it’s whats out there now but I’m sure you could find better stuff.

The scary part is the chinese got better at manufacturing.

This stand is T I T S!

Came without one scratch on it.

Nobody else cares, why should I?

It don't accomplish anything if I'm the only.

I did twenty years, it's everyone else's turn to sacrifice.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Trust me, I know about it all.

They are improving their products sent over here for sure.

Not everything but some things.

My fold up engine hoist was so poorly built, I cut it apart at the top to realign the boom.

I think it was under $200 and I’ve used it many times

When you’re used to very good quality heavy built equipment it’s easy to be critical of the Import stuff.

It’s the world we have had shoved right up our butts by our own people in a lot of cases.

My NMW has the split tube with bolt that squeezes the tube tight.

I snug up the bolt and use a thick 4130 bar and can rotate any engine reasonably easy.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Trust me, I know about it all.

They are improving their products sent over here for sure.

Not everything but some things.

My fold up engine hoist was so poorly built, I cut it apart at the top to realign the boom.

I think it was under $200 and I’ve used it many times

When you’re used to very good quality heavy built equipment it’s easy to be critical of the Import stuff.

It’s the world we have had shoved right up our butts by our own people in a lot of cases.

My NMW has the split tube with bolt that squeezes the tube tight.

I snug up the bolt and use a thick 4130 bar and can rotate any engine reasonably easy.

This is the class of the field JEGS brand 1500lb.

Or go find one better...

American or china T I T S, I'll wait. Smile

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I found a Snap-On labeled machine for under $500

Is it any better? Without having it right in front of me I can’t say.

Others such as OTC for a lot more money but very HD.

My experience with pretty much anything Jeg’s branded is not very good.

In this case I’m sure it would do the job but might need some modifications to make it sturdier.

A BB Chevy with a Dart block is no flyweight even with al heads

I’ve seen tripod style engine stands dump over and it’s not pretty.

Saw an all iron Stocker 400 Pontiac take a nose dive when the owner just wasn’t being careful moving it from one room to another.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What is the work height look like? Is it a comfortable height for someone around 5ft 11? As I get older the more I like the rotating head idea. Still won’t give up my nearly 40yr old Blackhawk stand or 30 yr old bluepoint stand. They just require longer bars to roll the engine over.

Posts: 496 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sweet china T I T S!!

I souped her up, tightened the key way.

The gear you see is keyed, so I shimmed the key tight.

I was gonna take pictures but once I got the gear on the shaft for a trial fit, it wasn't coming back off for pictures.

It's a nice unit. Heavy, precision bolts.

Tightening the key took all slop out.

It's nice, very happy with it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
What is the work height look like? Is it a comfortable height for someone around 5ft 11? As I get older the more I like the rotating head idea. Still won’t give up my nearly 40yr old Blackhawk stand or 30 yr old bluepoint stand. They just require longer bars to roll the engine over.

I'm 6 2", the top of the block you see on the stand is 4-5" above my belt at the front of the engine, 2-3" at the back of the engine.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How does it lock into place? Can it rotate in both directions or just one way?

Posts: 496 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
How does it lock into place? Can it rotate in both directions or just one way?

You can rotate it either way, handle turns both ways.

It locks by gravity or a set screw like any stand. There's a threaded hole on top.

They've thought of everything. Like I said it's nice.

Nicer than I anticipated, I figured it would at least have a scratch. I'll work on that though, this week.

I looked at all the different brands, pretty easy to see this has the best design, and why it has highest 1500lb capacity of all the different designs.