New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engine Stands
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Removed center wheels, as I suspected perfectly level.

Nice stand.

I also made it impossible for the forward outriggers to fall out.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got her tuned up, don't take the center wheels off. I pounded .125 aluminum angle in to act as shims. It arched the stand and now has equal weight on all six wheels. front of the engine is now up slightly.

I'll pull the shims back out tomorrow and cut em according to the angle and bend a lip to pound em in using a brass punch.

Pretty nice, sturdy. Tuned hot rod stand.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I got her tuned up, don't take the center wheels off. I pounded .125 aluminum angle in to act as shims. It arched the stand and now has equal weight on all six wheels. front of the engine is now up slightly.

I'll pull the shims back out tomorrow and cut em according to the angle and bend a lip to pound em in using a brass punch.

Pretty nice, sturdy. Tuned hot rod stand.

I see you have nothing better to do that mess with and fix that sheet metal engine stand you got, you board? You may want to spend more time with your cone crushing race car's suspension so you can keep it sunny side up the next time you race!!!
Relaxing

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you're lucky enough to get your hands on one of these crank engine stands, placing the .120 thick angle aluminum as a shim is definitely the hot ticket. I was trying different ways on tuning this up last night.

I'll make up some cosmetically nice shims for both these stands, when I'm done working on these two engines.

Nice stand.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The more I use this stand, the more I wish I coul buy another for $329!

That was the deal of the century!

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
When I get to the age where I have to have fancy cranks and stuff to roll the engine over on the stand I'll just say THE HELL WITH THIS and quit!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
When I get to the age where I have to have fancy cranks and stuff to roll the engine over on the stand I'll just say THE HELL WITH THIS and quit!

I'm all out of crank stands tonight, I think I'll order another tomorrow maybe. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
JEGS is sold out of 1500 lb crank stands, I'm gonna be first caller when Summit opens tomorrow mornin. We'll have a engine stand shootout Big Grin .

That JEGS stand is gonna be tough to beat.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

BETTER STOCK UP ON THESE WHILE YOUR AT IT

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

BETTER STOCK UP ON THESE WHILE YOUR ATIT

It must be old money you throw your weight around with, because you ain't too bright faggut.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It must be old money you throw your weight around with, because you ain't too bright faggut.

im actually a very bright faggut!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

im actually a very bright faggut!!

According to other fagguts, I'm sure Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Summit 1000lb stand is on the way, just got off the horn.

They price matched JEGS 1000lb crank stand.

Colorado said they're nice in this thread, so I'm gonna give one a tryout.

This one has gotta go, has the engine pointed at the ground.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks like its well hung..unlike yourself

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Looks like its well hung..unlikeyourself

Gay bar humor.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gay bar humor.

dont deny your calling...the rumors are rampant..you top or bottom? asking for a freind

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Gay bar humor.

dont deny your calling...the rumors are rampant..you top or bottom? asking for a freind

Shocking! More gay bar humor from a faggut.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What is it with you fagguts? Don't you realize one day you're gonna need Truth?

You probably think you're cute lying about what is self evident, but you're only forfeiting your relationship with Truth.

So what is it with you fagguts?

You ain't to bright, that's what it is.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Never been an engine stand in the Glidden shop.

goob- spellcheck is your friend when trying to insult the intelligence of others.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
"Tolerance: It is the vision that enables one to see things from another's view point. It is the generosity that concedes to others the right to their own opinions and their own peculiarities. It is the bigness that enables us to let people be happy in their own way instead of our way".

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post