DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Chromoly or Mild Steel Cage
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chromoly or Mild Steel Cage
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
quote:

I've never had a licence. You need a license to tell you you're capable of drag racing?

I never needed anyone to tell me I was capable.

Trust me, NOONE is surprised you don't have one.
If the track is NHRA sanctioned, that's a great way to get a track owner in trouble if you need one and don't have it.

But you do you, Paul Revere. Licenses and roll cages are fer commies.

Maybe it's because I'm observant when I'm at the payout window I dunno, but the first thing I noticed when getting paid to win a Super Pro race is they never ask how fast you went.And they didn't pay extra for going fast.

So I get this bright idea if I putt down through there 6.39 or slower in my factory condition 69 Nova SS on a 10" tire to 7 seven Super Pro championships in ten years, WTF would I need a licence for I gotta pay extra money with restrictions attached?

If you think you can do anything better than I can on the drag strip or with a drag car at any speed, because you paid for a licence,you're a dumber F than I thought.

The only thing in my neck of the woods anyone was ever surprised about, was when the Ripper Nova didn't win the local Super Pro race on Friday night at Sunshine, which was held every Friday night.

Was the track closed for 3 years?

Should I count the years I didn't race, in my batting average?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's wrong with that?

It requires a license, that you bragged about not having, thus risked track ownership to legality issues in the event of an unforeseen issue. Try to keep up Paul.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Second rd I was late because my glass eye popped out when I decked it on the leave chip. It ended up on the floorboard, when I reached for it with my toes my flip flop got hung up under the gas pedal half throttle when the car left late on the tree, no big deal chit happens.

Thanks good I didn't have anything in my mouth or I would have spewed. Is that actually a true story, regardless funny as all get out!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What's wrong with that?

It requires a license, that you bragged about not having, thus risked track ownership to legality issues in the event of an unforeseen issue. Try to keep up Paul.

I didn't brag about not having a license. I bragged about not needing a license, because I don't Paul! As long as I follow the rules made by officials Paul! Who the F is Paul BTW? LoL!.

As far as unforeseen accidents, no amount of licenses you've paid for speak to the experience of handling a race car, like a 700% Super Pro championship batting average.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not bragging, but informing you of how normal people use evidence to come to reasonable, objective, rational conclusions.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who the F is Paul BTW? LoL!.

Wait...aren't you Paul Revere, the brave Floridian who rode his gallant steed with tripe chrome plate hooves to warn us masks were leftist magic? Wow did I feel silly...carry on.

Anywho... chromoly is my choice for reasons already stated. I just need to find someone who can weld because I don't trust my skills unfortunately.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Who the F is Paul BTW? LoL!.

Wait...aren't you Paul Revere, the brave Floridian who rode his gallant steed with tripe chrome plate hooves to warn us masks were leftist magic? Wow did I feel silly...carry on.

Anywho... chromoly is my choice for reasons already stated. I just need to find someone who can weld because I don't trust my skills unfortunately.

It was easy, really. Anywhere there's lying, crying and denying,... there's lefty's.

No decoration required.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We decided to go with a 8.50 cert chromoly cage. I started preparing the car a couple days ago. It will be posted in the Updating Our Racing Program thread.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post