Find
Notify
Tools

Hell Froze Over
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!

Everything we have won which is a lot has been on HOOSIER slicks. Further, we have run 3 different part #, size and compound Hoosier slicks on this car over the past 9 seasons and not one of the many pair have lost 2psi while sitting from season end to the start of the new season which is 6 months more important, not one pair, not one part# EVER moved .02 in 60 foot ANYWHERE we’ve raced! These empties are GARBAGE!!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Someone should of took a video of Kyle soaping and mounting the Mickeys and put it on his FB page Laughing Hard

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says his hands have never been cleaner Laughing Hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile my kid and I have won $75,000.00 in 2 weeks wheeling the s h I t out of race cars on garbage tires...vs our choices to run other tires.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You would have won the same on Hoosier

quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
agree, drivers win races, EVERYONE racing has tires on race cars.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my Hoosiers thanks. Been 3 years since I raced the Nova and they still have air in them.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good decision

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed, I need tires and everyone is out of the MT 3074S. Summits says they’ll be available August 7th. Decided to order/ try the 18235 you recommended that’s on your Bird from Chris Barker today.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Another good decision, great tire on the Bird, been low 1.20 60 foots, 5.50s and 8.80s

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Ed, I need tires and everyone is out of the MT 3074S. Summits says they’ll be available August 7th. Decided to order/ try the 18235 you recommended that’s on your Bird from Chris Barker today.

Try contacting Shelby Goodyear. They usually have what others do not as the largest distributor. Never had an issue for our stuff when no one else has them. Also tire trucks get first dibs so ig you are near a divisional or race they are at look there.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Went to the GY 1984 from the 3074S, very happy with the results so far on the Chevy2.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Went to the GY 1984 from the 3074S, very happy with the results so far on the Chevy2.

I also ran the Hoosier on the door car with good results.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for that update Chris. I’ve seen bracket racers like Plott with GY on their door cars.

How many times have you replaced with same 1984 GY, or is this the first time using 1984 on Chevy2? What does that car weigh with driver? How much air in tire? I recall it’s running 5.1x now. With that tire, correct?

I looked at the 1984 GY and was/ am on the fence. I ran that GY back in 2007 when I first got the car, but never revisited it. I’d like to try that tire hearing your results and might consider it next time for sure.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have had 2.set of Goodyear on the Chevy2. Weight is 2600 currently with a lil weight in rear. 7.5 psi.

Car has been 4.95 at 141 in good air and 5.0s recently. I too ran this tire as far back as mid 1990s!

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have had 2.set of Goodyear on the Chevy2. Weight is 2600 currently with a lil weight in rear. 7.5 psi.

Car has been 4.95 at 141 in good air and 5.0s recently. I too ran this tire as far back as mid 1990s!

That 1984 has been around forever, and is still a great tire! I recommend it often

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

That 1984 has been around forever, and is still a great tire! I recommend it often[/QUOTE]

Yes and I recall when Goodyear first made those available as well as 1 or 2 other sizes and they were all made for S/G cars

I used the 15x33 size ...after always using Firestones previously.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
I tried a pair of Goodyears back in the 80`s and they were ****.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There’s good reason why 99% of bracket racers and class racers don’t use them. The biggest being they have a long history of going away in far less than 100 passes combined that with the fact that they are typically the most expensive option in a given size.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I got 'em buy one get one free
And I got some Firestones on the same deal previousy.

Winning a National event back then was big and having friends that were at the top also helped SS/AA Indy winner...

The Goodyears were really no better than the Firestones.....maybe a little quicker RT's from the stiff sidewall.....and they were heavy....

Yeah I know it's ancient history but it's better to be a has been than a never was.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post