DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Shiftnoid SN7600 solenoid ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shiftnoid SN7600 solenoid ?
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Correct on the Digital Delay. With their Elite Board, No additional solenoid needed. I've used it that way on our last 6 cars.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

^^^^^^ Here’s the wiring chart for the DD V10 Elite relay board. It’s listed as supporting up to a 60 amp shift solenoid.

I use this same V10 Elite board. Because my shift with air is directly wired to the electric over air solenoid with a diode for flyback voltage, I do Not use the Shift Output control on the board for this function. Instead, I use it to run the Line Lock in a unique wiring method. When activating the line lock with the button for burnout it does not activate the transbrake or 2-step. When the transbrake/ 2-step is activated, the Line Lock is also activated with it.

When +12v is applied to the Select terminal, the input switches from RPM to Time. When +12v is not applied to Select, the RPM terminal is active. vvvvvvvv

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks for the input. thought i was good as we we are just providing low current to a high current relay.

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When using an external relay, thoughts on switching the negative to the shift solenoid instead of the positive to reduce arcing in the contacts in the relay

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
All excellent ideas and input --- thank you.

Posts: 125 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
In regards to using the negative side for switching to reduce arcing across the contacts, a DC circuit has the same current (amps) going through it on either the positive or negative side of the circuit IF it is a single, simple circuit. Meaning all you have is one device being turned on or off in the circuit.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post