DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
Yesterday is in the books. No real drama, nice service, everybody spoke to each other, so that's a good thing. So mom is with daddy and Diane now and at peace.
Thank you all for your support.
Have a gooden!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wish I could have done more Floyd. Glad it went well.
I finally sold my old motor home yesterday but had to drive it 200 mi to make it happen. That old girl just likes to run and I will miss her. New one not as much get up and go but glad is over. Got new slicks day before yesterday so got to get them on the car.
Our little dog is still hanging in there and did well on our trip yesterday. Still pretty perky.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Well, here we go again. Everybody's on vacation so it's up to us old ****s to keep this on the first page.

We've got beautiful weather now and it's a pleasant change. Woody is enjoying the hell oout of our evening cruises.

Get them slicks on and get'er ready Fern.
Y'all have a gooden!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Woody looking all spiffy there. Jack had a Hooters coat back in the day-----
Got the slicks on and put new brakes pads on. Wilwood is proud of those pad for sure. Also discovered that my balancer was coming apart so I got it off today and have another on the way. Been busy, that cooling fan on the Smart car about wore me out as I had to remove almost everything from the firewall forward including fenders. Thats not to bad but putting it all back is another story but I got it done and only had 2 bolts left over. Then I broke off one of the bolts holding on one of the Mercedes wheels. If you have never seen one of these the head snapped off but the part that holds the wheel was still there. Took 1/2 a day to get that off. Had to about move everything in the big part of the garage to get the car dolly out so we can go to the mountains next week to see the leaves. Our little dog is still hanging in there, tough little girl. Keep the faith Floyd, you to Nick

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to you two , Great weather out here in the low 80s. Got a lot of racing in the 5 weeks.... first one is Az Super Street association on Sunday . Hope to improve my 8th position. Then next week a 5 grander and the list goes on....

You all have a Great Weekend....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Nick. Have fun.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick did that SFG deal ever show up out there?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon guys , race is on Sunday so just been prepping. Floyd thanks I need it.... Fern that event is 3rd week of November. It’s entry fee are out side my budget right now . I looked online for the number of entities so far but could not find that info.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, they cancelled the one at Rockingham.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Hot Rod Reunion starts todayIf anybody is interested it will be live on dragracertv on utube.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Thanks Floyd been watching off and on ...

clapping

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good or bad, I watched almost all day Friday and Saturday. My buddies are still in the show for today so I guess Woody is going to be bored again.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ok my friends we got to keep this thread rolling for us old guys Big Grin
Hasn't rained here in like forever but today the SFG kicks off at Darlington and guess what--RAIN!
I was going to Rockingham to try out all my maintainence efforts. New slicks, new Wilwood brake pads, a new balancer, and changed oil. Starting to prepare for Palm Beach for Christmas--New Years race. New Years race starts day after Christmas and is 800+ miles from here so I guess I'll be driving Christmas day. OK people, come on in

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Fern, that's a pretty fair haul to go to a race. You taking the dog and a lady?

Turned chilly out here for a few days and the winds have been terrible. Luckily where I live we don't have any wind problems so no electric outages. Marty's house was out for 2 days and he damn near wore out our little Honda 1000 running his fridge. I knew I shouldn't have sold that 2000.

Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Going by myself as far as I know right now Floyd as dog has been on life support for about 6 weeks now with kidney failure but as long as she continues to function and is in no pain we will do whatever it takes to keep her going. Who knows what the situation will be come time to go South. We just came back from a week in the mountains and dog did well. I planned this trip last winter so plan to go.
My brother sold out in Thousand Oaks and has moved to Texas. Both retired and said after 20 years there they had had enough.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon guys... the desert right now has a cold front moving thru so we are about 12 degrees below normal, got six races in November with out that SFG race, which is way out of the budget. Glad to hear are the dogs are still having so fun.
The next race a two day deal starting November 9th.

You all have a Great day....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, good for you. Dogs are a big part of our life but we are the only part of their life. I hope she's comfortable.
Good luck down south.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Spent all day getting ready to go will leave in the morning

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
Brian McClanahan is kicking ass in Vegas.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Spent most of the weekend chasing a trans fluid leak after 2 days of that discovered bolts holding the front pump had worked loose. Got them tight and my mess took off, good air! Usually runs about 6.52--6.54 but today went 6.42!!!! I lost to an 8 thou package bought back and lost a .0004 finish line. I give up! Got some work to do before FL. I really had a good time but the lack of racers at this race escapes me---5 races for $180 and those near by don't show??????