DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well people Fern made an apperence at Piedmont Sunday and my record has now been stretched to 3 races without winning a round. Car was perfect with identical 60 and 330 times every hit. I was on the tree real good in time trials but it was down hill from there. Pretty sorry. Had a good time and got to see someone I had not seen in years, Tim Byrd. Glad he has moved back to the area.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Well Fern, somedays your the windshield and somedays your the bug. You just gotta get back on that horse and try again.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
No NHRA on Dish Newtwork today. Fox pulled their channels over money arguments.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
they are saying that they are going to do that here but it hasn't happened yet. We got NHRA at Galot this weekend.
Must be the CA liberal influence shutting down Fox to keep Trump quiet Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, I watched a bit of Warren Evans coverage of Galot. Didn't see how Michelle Furr ended up. Gotta wait till tomorrow.
Warren does a great job with his sportsman coverage. NHRA should let him do theirs too. He could do a better job.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have at least 3 friends there. Stock Kevin Locklear in a Duster, Super Street Howard Brewer ina red Fox body Mustang, and if they are running Super Gas Howard Day in a Yellow Corvette that used to belong to Jegs. I probably know some more of them.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I only know Micheele in S/C and S/g and Larry Hill in A/SA.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

A little hectic around here. Lost our 98 year old mother night before last. Got to get the family in from all over the US.
She had a great run, 5 kids, 16 grand kids, numerous great grand kids and a few great-great grand kids. I lose count. She is now at peace and with daddy and my Diane.
Now if I can just keep 2 of my brothers from fighting all will be good.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd sorry for your loss my she RIP...

Praying

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nick. Appreciate it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd , 98 years Wow... I bet she had great life. I hope all of us live a long and health nearly a 100 years like she did... you where a lucky guy to have your mom around that long... God bless her and all of the extended family.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Floyd.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fern, She had a good, long life.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear Floyd. Prayers for you and your family.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Finally! The drought is over as I had not won a round in my last 2 races and got to the 4th round this week at Rockingham. I was so happy when I saw that first win light that I had tears in my eyes. 78 years old and still got some left I hope.....how you doin Floyd?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern happy for you. I know the feeling.
Everything is good now. Just got to get through tomorrow with no fighting.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know that feeling as when my last parent died they started fighting over everything. I signed off on everything and told them to have fun without me....been 20+ years and they are still fighting. Not worth it for me I have enough. Hopefully it all works out peacefully.
Got myself in a mess. Radiator fan in the Smart car went bad and couldn't get anyone to even look at it. Took 2 days to get it out after removing EVERYTHING back to the fire wall. Fenders, everything. Ordered new fan and now waiting. No wonder no one wanted to work on it.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Fern on getting over the drought and into the fourth round! Back on track feels great doesn't it?

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes Bob and I got new slicks today Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I know that feeling as when my last parent died they started fighting over everything. I signed off on everything and told them to have fun without me....been 20+ years and they are still fighting. Not worth it for me I have enough. Hopefully it all works out peacefully.
Got myself in a mess. Radiator fan in the Smart car went bad and couldn't get anyone to even look at it. Took 2 days to get it out after removing EVERYTHING back to the fire wall. Fenders, everything. Ordered new fan and now waiting. No wonder no one wanted to work on it.

Fern it isn't about money. Mom has been in a rest home for the last 10 years. As you know, there is nothing left but enough to cover the funeral. My 2 youngest brothers have not gotten along for years. One is an ******* and the other is a hot head. The family has gotten separated over the years and lost touch with each other. We've lost communication. It's a shame but it happens. I've got my kids and youngest brother so I'm okay.
Y'all have a gooden! I'm getting ready for a trying day.