DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tony Stewart Top Fuel Future?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Stewart Top Fuel Future?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I think this would be a great addition to our sacred sport of straight and fast.
https://www.competitionplus.co...o-drag-racing-school

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I think it would be BAD addition but NHRA is in bed with criminals so why not a guy who had a bad reputation in nascar for many reasons.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would love to see him race Top Fuel and deep stage against Steve Torrence.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This could get interesting.

Wish him the best if he decides to give it a try.

I would think there should be a good field of talent available right now for him to to put a team together with.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
First time in a dragster and first time at Bradenton, and Tony didn't run over any of the orange timing blocks. Interesting.

Mike

Posts: 1589 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Or other drivers

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Good or bad At a minimum he will bring attention to NHRA drag racing and hopefully some new sponsor money

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Good or bad At a minimum he will bring attention to NHRA drag racing and hopefully some new sponsor money

Agreed. Good exposure and a true race car driver. Guy would race shopping carts if they had a class.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
not a fan

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan but if he has the money and he wants to race go for it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
i'm going to have to agree with Ed on this one ... last thing our sport needs is this guy involved in any way, shape or form....

Posts: 787 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It looks like leah pruitt is stimulating his interest

Posts: 1433 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Wish I could say I care, but I don't.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1320wannaberacer, nobody cares

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't see any down side to this but I doubt that he would climb into a Top Fueler.

Bob

Posts: 3156 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Or other drivers

come on 1290. if you stay in your car and out of traffic you won't get runned over.

ep-I would like to see the midget torrence roll up on TS and shove him in the face. that would be some good tv

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I don't see any down side to this but I doubt that he would climb into a Top Fueler.

Bob

It's rumored that he is climbing inside a top fuel racer. So it's the logical next step. Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Or other drivers

come on 1290. if you stay in your car and out of traffic you won't get runned over.

ep-I would like to see the midget torrence roll up on TS and shove him in the face. that would be some good tv

Nailed it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Having met the guy when he was driving Home Depot car. NOT A FAN. Arrogant and treated cpl of fans in his hospitality tent like shyt. Never mind those guys probably where in hospitality tent for same reason I was invited. They spent butt load of money with home depot nd where the source of part of the money spent on his sponsorship.

Guess any advertisement thats free is good?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4407 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Having met the guy when he was driving Home Depot car. NOT A FAN. Arrogant and treated cpl of fans in his hospitality tent like shyt. Never mind those guys probably where in hospitality tent for same reason I was invited. They spent butt load of money with home depot nd where the source of part of the money spent on his sponsorship.

Guess any advertisement thats free is good?

Couple things come to mind when it comes to top fuel now.
1. Beggars can't be choosers. We can insist on only the finest individuals to run in the class.....until there is no class to run.
2. A little controversy, and contention isn't always a bad thing. Look at some of the personalities that have been in our sport over the years. The ones with big personalities....even if bad ones, have garnered the most attention and entertainment. Tony is the guy that many love to hate. We could probably use that instead of all the politically correct, corporate sounding boards that we have come to expect from professional drivers.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo