DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tony Stewart Top Fuel Future?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Stewart Top Fuel Future?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
come on 1290. if you stay in your car and out of traffic you won't get runned over.

Ed I agree

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not see a down side to having another team in Top Fuel and someone to root For (or Against!) Like him or not he can probably quickly learn to drive one.

The Fuel classes need all the racer they can get. At one time they had a 64 car field. Would love to see that again.

I like it every time Cruz Pedregon loses a round but I do not want to see him quit driving. Just lose. Maybe a lot of people would be cheering for who ever is running Tony Stewart? Got no problem with that.

Maybe a little rivalry could be good? If he does this I look forward to it.

Last but not least 99.9% of the people do not have the Brains, B@!!s or Money to run Top Fuel. So it is not my place to criticize those who do.

Like the kids living in Mommy's basement complaining about Trump being a loser.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4229 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Probably the 2nd best driver in the world behind Kyle Larson. He would be a great boost for a dying organization. You can talk about how arrogant he is, but look how many people love the arrogant Earnhardt, and has been said before Cruz Pedregon. And none of these 3 are as arrogant as Edward Pigley. And of course the latter has no driving skills to back up his alligator mouth.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Maybe he'll drive a Prius Top Fuel Funny Car.

Maybe not.

Bob

Posts: 3171 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Roger McGinnis say it to my face or STFU!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wish he would run super comp, because while it would be cool to see Smoke bi+@# slap Steve Torrance it would be better watching him bi+@# slap Ed.....

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
he'd regret that!

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

I don't do man boob midget beatings.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

AGAIN ED!!!!

You spew more hatred than most on the forums past & present!

Take your own advice & say it to OUR faces or STFU. You don't, because you're a FORUM PUNK at best & that's giving you more credit than you deserve.

Spitting

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2737 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

and I'm not going to argue it except to state the FACTS and the TRUTH which is to say that I've meet numerous racers that posts here and all but two of them, which include some that have debated me, have come up to me, introduced themselves and offered their hand. I went and introduced myself to TORQIN and despite our history towards each other here, I'm going to go out on a limb and say we will talk again and maybe even have a beer together one day soon. The other here is 183N and anyone that's been here for more than 5 minutes knows how our 2 encounters over the past 4 years transpired.

Soooooooooooo I've had no reason to say anything to their faces because not one of them chose to do that with me but if you'd like to be the first, you'll have your chance because I plan to be at The Strip in 2021.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1320wannaberacer, facts are nobody gives a crap what you think

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
Probably the 2nd best driver in the world behind Kyle Larson. He would be a great boost for a dying organization. You can talk about how arrogant he is, but look how many people love the arrogant Earnhardt, and has been said before Cruz Pedregon. And none of these 3 are as arrogant as Edward Pigley. And of course the latter has no driving skills to back up his alligator mouth.

He's right you know.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4229 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
you'll have your chance because I plan to be at The Strip in 2021.

XLNT, what dates??

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4529 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hek, I will be at Vegas as well. I'll bring the pop corn!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1041 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably the 2nd best driver in the world...

Really? F1 is THE premier series on the planet. I don't think he could ever compete with Michel Schumacher or (gag me with a spoon) Lewis Hamilton.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2363 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Probably the 2nd best driver in the world...

Really? F1 is THE premier series on the planet. I don't think he could ever compete with Michel Schumacher or (gag me with a spoon) Lewis Hamilton.

F1. Off road rally. Sprint cars. They make stock cars seem downright boring.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6444 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ayrton Senna was probably (in my opinion) the best ever. Hands down.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1041 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ayrton Senna was probably (in my opinion) the best ever. Hands down.

Those among that strata can be debated. But Tony Stewart second best in the world... please.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2363 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I hope tony gets involved in drag racing at the pro level.love him or hate him his involvment can only be good.He definitely will bring cash and sponsors to the sport.
And speaking of arrogance,don garlits has got to be one of the most arrogant humans i ever met.But people still love him for his accomplishments.

Posts: 1433 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've had the good fortune to speak with Garlits several times and found him to be crazy knowledgable and polite. But even if he was, Garlits has earned the right to be arrogant.
Besides, if it's true it isn't bragging (arrogance)

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4529 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post