DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Welp Illegal now...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welp Illegal now...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7b2TIT6GMMY

At this track anyways.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1397 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
My opinion is this borders on insanity!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
You'd think tracks would like it. It may scare a few people off from screwing around and refusing to stage first.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You don't have to sweep the wheels to start autostart.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
You don't have to sweep the wheels to start autostart.

True. I bet I saw 15 cars flickering stage lamp in Vegas lane 1. First round and second..Anf I mean longer than 7 seconds.. yes I was keeping time..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Pfffft, certainly don't need to turn the wheel to flicker the bulb.

Notice the way Cory stages...same thing, different approach. Turn two bulbs on back up till bottom light goes out. Trick on the tree is as ridiculous as the alleged rule.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I can't agree more with Guilty. Actually both the staging processes of backing into the bulb and staging with the wheel sideways speeds up the staging process. I guess Summit Motorsports Park like the process implemented by Chris Bear and Randy Scheurer over the years.

SL...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragRaceResults,

Posts: 2106 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wheel sweep only works on racers who volunteer to play the game.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Wheel sweep only works on racers who volunteer to play the game.

THIS 100%. If you get caught with this, it just means you're playing staging games too and not as well as the other lane.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 629 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Sweeping the wheel is in fact what is triggering the autostart process with that stage beam by locking in the time it needs so see the bulb on. The timing system once locked in is only going to look again at the stage beam being activated right before the tree fires. Now that is if both cars are pre staged and the starter armed the tree. Then sweeping the wheel game comes into effect and the countdown starts. You can even practice this on a time run or signal pass. you just have to know in your mind the count down when to turn the wheel back. Just my view if you have to play games on the starting line like that to me it shows Total lack of sportsmanship and any respect for this industry. If you have to cheat to win are you really winning and if you do win because of it is not a true win.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
This has been going on since the dawn of Autostart, the difference now is that one of Jr's buddies must have gotten butthurt. Cool

We had to put a temporary ban on the practice of backing through the beams into pre-stage, and proceeding from there, because it skeeeered some natives at a few of our special events. Roll Eyes
Just to quiet the crying.

If you don't understand how the systems work, feel free to keep crying, and donating to the winning purses. Laughing Hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turk:
Sweeping the wheel is in fact what is triggering the autostart process with that stage beam by locking in the time it needs so see the bulb on. The timing system once locked in is only going to look again at the stage beam being activated right before the tree fires. Now that is if both cars are pre staged and the starter armed the tree. Then sweeping the wheel game comes into effect and the countdown starts. You can even practice this on a time run or signal pass. you just have to know in your mind the count down when to turn the wheel back. Just my view if you have to play games on the starting line like that to me it shows Total lack of sportsmanship and any respect for this industry. If you have to cheat to win are you really winning and if you do win because of it is not a true win.

It's not cheating, it's gamesmanship, and if you can't deal with it, your program is weak.

No, I've never done it, nor do I have any love for those that do, but the race is only in my lane.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
It's always been illegal in each sanctioning body, just not enforced. To paraphrase, "Final staging must be in a forward motion using applied power." New rules come about because people try to find loopholes clearly not in the spirit of the rules.

It's ironic to hear people in this thread talking about people crying. LOL

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Sweeping the wheel cheating? C'mon so is holding numbers then.

You can stage it upside-down for all I care...I can go ahead and mark Norwalk off our calendar. Trick on the tree is as ridiculous as doing a burnout across the line in a 6.0 door car and backing back and forth thru water to do a burnout...fight me?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yea. I'm gonna go with rich people problems. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
What happens if both re-re's are sweeping the wheel?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Then you each have 7 or so seconds to stage. Staging the car seems to be the issue...not turning the wheel.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
You do have to understand where the track is coming from. It IS a game, because the guy sweeping the wheels, IS SAYING, "stage or else"

**edit**
I dont think this is cheating, it is a game however

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Then you each have 7 or so seconds to stage. Staging the car seems to be the issue...not turning the wheel.

Agreed. Sweeping the wheel isn't allowed but refusing to stage first is. Both willing participants in gamesmanship.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Is it any different than little league players taunting the batter?

Do they still allow that? Confused

Dave Cook
N375