DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like we are pickled into my son getting the vaccine. Wife and I both had covid, he never got it. He has no antibodies through testing. So pretty much has been able to avoid getting it through whatever natural means the body uses. But the quarantines are killing him. If he gets quarantined before the state track meet, he is SOL for competing. Can't do it. As much as I really don't want an experimental vaccine in him at his age, It's either that or risk tossing his jr year of track and field.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I get my 2nd shot Saturday the 10th and finally got a date for my arm surgery, 4-28-21.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Aah, life is good!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bucky,
What if he gets the vaccine and tests positive anyway? Still held of competition or do they get the "green light" as long as they take the Government's shot in the arm?
Seems like another "vaccination Passport" if that's the case. This is putting healthy kids and adults into a huge guilt trip in my opinion.
Hope his track season is a good one!!

(Going to see you at CFMP this year?)

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Bucky,
What if he gets the vaccine and tests positive anyway? Still held of competition or do they get the "green light" as long as they take the Government's shot in the arm?
Seems like another "vaccination Passport" if that's the case. This is putting healthy kids and adults into a huge guilt trip in my opinion.
Hope his track season is a good one!!

(Going to see you at CFMP this year?)

Jok

Oh I'm right there with ya on the passport BS.
If he tested positive he would be screwed. But....he might be sick at that point. The only reason to have him tested would be if he were sick. They aren't doing randomized. Somehow he survived in the same house with two positive parents and never got it. So do I think the vaccine is needed for him. Absolutely not. The only risk we avert here is an exposure quarantine. My mom's neighbor (condos) got the second of one of the shots and hasn't been out of bed for two weeks now. Not sure details but it hasn't been good. My son had some arm soreness, but it looking forward to giving the middle finger to future quarantines.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good luck tomorrow Floyd. The second shot for me was about the same as the first. No reactions at all.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Johnson & Johnson Vaccine paused because of blood clots. 8,000,000 doses given so far and 6 people had blood clot issues. Not good! Moderna and Pfizer are fine.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Got the second Moderna shot Saturday morning, all went well until Tuesday evening. My left arm began to swell and then became very sore, felt like I had been hit / punched very hard. I also experienced a bit of nausea. If those are the worst symptoms it was worth the inoculation. Now the test is can it prevent, or reduce the effects of Covid.

I'm still going to play it safe and not take any un-necessary risks, like avoiding any and all types of work (except racing). Thats the excuse I'm giving my wife, no honey-do's for a while, maybe ever.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Johnson & Johnson Vaccine paused because of blood clots. 8,000,000 doses given so far and 6 people had blood clot issues. Not good! Moderna and Pfizer are fine.

I am far from pro vaccine. But 6 clots (not deaths) out of 8 million and we don't even know if the clots had anything to do with the vaccine? That sounds like a reach to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:

I am far from pro vaccine. But 6 clots (not deaths) out of 8 million and we don't even know if the clots had anything to do with the vaccine? That sounds like a reach to me.

Kinda glad I received Moderna

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
Received second Moderna yesterday. Not even a sore arm this time. First one was sore for @ 2 days. NBD.

Let's race.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 794 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They just updated the J&J. 7 clots and one death. Yikes!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hope they gave the family a copy of the hold harmless agreement. Had my annual physical at the VA today. It was delayed 4 months. It's like going to Walmart! My "physical" consisted of this China-man listing to my lungs in one spot! The nurse took my pulse, blood oxygen, temp, and blood pressure. Then had to argue 3 time to get some antibiotic for my chest infection and a prostate exam. I know good doctoring when I see it and this ain't it!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Larry,
All is good. 2nd shot hurt like h3ll but I had a scotch and a Aleve and am fine.
Good luck to you in Vegas.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
All is good. 2nd shot hurt like h3ll but I had a scotch and a Aleve and am fine.

I have to try that Floyd, can I increase the % of scotch?

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
quote:

I have to try that Floyd, can I increase the % of scotch?

Bob

I lied, Bob. Actually it was 2 scotches. Laughing Hard

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Got my second shot yesterday at 2:45...today at 2:45 I feel like I went three rounds with Pete and Re-Pete .. Yes Larry, I am a wuss today! I’m being funny and I’m fine. In reality I think of my close friends fighting the battle. My issues are very small in comparison.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Got my second shot yesterday at 2:45...today at 2:45 I feel like I went three rounds with Pete and Re-Pete .. Yes Larry, I am a wuss today!
Dancing Cat

And according to Joe, you can now go out in public without a mask Laughing Hard

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Moderna?