DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Summer Fling $100K AllStar Shotout
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer Fling $100K AllStar Shotout
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Scotty and The King

Love it.

I'm all in with Team Richardson - Team Americana.

Taking bets.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Scotty and The King

Love it.

Taking bets.

What kind of bets are you looking for? I'll take the field against them for $100.

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Johnny Ezell picked Will Holloman

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by excessive braker:
quote:

Scotty and The King

Love it.

Taking bets.

What kind of bets are you looking for? I'll take the field against them for $100.

What's Scotty driving? How fast? Brand? Engine?

That would be a good promo for someone to do on all these guys.

It matters, I think.

I'll look into it / I'll ask around. I'll probably take that bet.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
any of the 24 can win this, We can't say that about the team mates yet until we know who they are but I expect they too will be capable of winning this race.

So while everyone will have their pick, it's foolish to state anyone is a shoo in to win this race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Who's chassis, Who's transmission, Who's engine, Who tires, Who's converter, Who's cylinder heads, Who's shocks, Who's carb etc etc etc.

It matters, I think.

That would be a cool promo for this race, different.

What kind of bat is he bringing to the plate.

What kind of clubs is he choosing.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who's chassis, Who's transmission, Who's engine, Who tires, Who's converter, Who's cylinder heads, Who's shocks, Who's carb etc etc etc.

It matters, I think.

It doesn't. Everyone of these driver's has the equipment and skills to get the W and as Steve Sisko showed the bracket racing world when he won 1.1 million, he/the elite drivers can compensate when their car is less than deadly as Bertozzi's shoebox Nova was that day. IIRC, Steve said in one of the interviews, the car was shyt that day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

It matters, I think.

It doesn't. Everyone of these driver's has the equipment and skills to get the W and as Steve Sisko showed the bracket racing world when he won 1.1 million, he/the elite drivers can compensate when their car is less than deadly as Bertozzi's shoebox Nova was that day. IIRC, Steve said in one of the interviews, the car was shyt that day.

The choose of clubs is interesting for onlookers.

Whether it matters is opinion.

If anyone could win consistently with junk, they'd buy one entry and never work on their junk.

The opposite is Reality / True.

It matters

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not anyone, Steve Sisko and I didn't say junk, Bertozzi don't own junk.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If it didn't matter, Sisko would have never mentioned the car was junk.

Junk meaning - ill tuned

It matters

What's the horses record.

What clubs is he choosing.

What bat is he bringing to the plate.

What is Scotty driving? It matters.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it was not a tune issue and it obviously didn't effect Steve's ability to out drive all others. He was schooled by arguably the best that ever did this according to many.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
With all these track apps, all you need is a car number to figure out the horse's record.

What bat is Scotty bringing to the plate?

It matters

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Someone said Scotty sold his cars, curious what bat he's bringing to the plate.

I know of a good horse, runs 4.60's 4.70's

New engine, transmission, ring & pinion Smile

Ray Miller car

Guy that owns it runs Richardson wheels on his 1940 Ford, proudly.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you Kyle and Ed. I was working on new wheelie bars last night listening to the podcast when they named Kyle best appearing driver Smile Been a hack of a year for him. Best of luck to you guys this year and at the Allstar race. Now get an invite to that other Allstar race this year Smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Got the invite and got the trailer decal to that other ALLSTAR race in 2019. Not likely to happen this year or next being we don’t plan to compete at all the division races this season.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome, didn't realize that. The one thing I didnt mange to do. Came close three times but never ran all the races either, family first. Would like to have had that chance though.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone said Scotty sold his cars, curious what bat he's bringing to the plate.

I know of a good horse, runs 4.60's 4.70's

New engine, transmission, ring & pinion Smile

Ray Miller car

Guy that owns it runs Richardson wheels on his 1940 Ford, proudly.

He's bringing the King in a digger and I'm thinking Scotty still has a S-10, and maybe the Chevy II?

From what I saw, most all those cars that "sold" were cash optioned out. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
By the way, congratulations to your team, you've certainly got a young man to be proud of.
This is gonna be a cool race.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We need a side pot for all the NDMF that didn’t get picked…I got $1000 on the Carolina boys…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post