DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Summer Fling $100K AllStar Shotout
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer Fling $100K AllStar Shotout
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
If this is supposed to be a list of current Allstar bracket racers, I would have replaced Bogacki with Labbous, Holloman, or Stephen McCrory. Bogacki is by far an AllStar NHRA guy, but I wouldn't say he's at the Elite level of bracket racing anymore. Luke would have been pick #1 in the fan vote anyway.

Peter/The Fling never used the word "current" and what is current? last year, 5 years, 10?

Ok so you put Labbous in place of Bogacki, now who of the 12 you cutting for your other 2 picks?

Bottomline is the Fling Panel chose 12 Allstars as they see it. After that it's the people's choice and the racers competing choice.

Current to me means hottest bracket racers right now. I'd take out Scotty and replace him with McCrory, take out Bogacki for Labbous, and take out Pennington for Holloman.
McCory should have come ahead of just about everyone…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the Fling Panel nor the voters agree with you

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
quote:
quote:
If this is supposed to be a list of current Allstar bracket racers, I would have replaced Bogacki with Labbous, Holloman, or Stephen McCrory. Bogacki is by far an AllStar NHRA guy, but I wouldn't say he's at the Elite level of bracket racing anymore. Luke would have been pick #1 in the fan vote anyway.

Peter/The Fling never used the word "current" and what is current? last year, 5 years, 10?

Ok so you put Labbous in place of Bogacki, now who of the 12 you cutting for your other 2 picks?

Bottomline is the Fling Panel chose 12 Allstars as they see it. After that it's the people's choice and the racers competing choice.

Current to me means hottest bracket racers right now. I'd take out Scotty and replace him with McCrory, take out Bogacki for Labbous, and take out Pennington for Holloman.
McCory should have come ahead of just about everyone…

He's in a SUV with the entire Costellllo clan, on his way to NC. I'll relay that message through Costelllllo.

I'll bet, he wouldn't agree to replace Scotty, unless Scotty himself suggested it.

Scotty is THE PIONEER.

If you're worth a damn, you won't go down that path.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Scotty is often impersonated but never duplicated.

He's The Pioneer.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shows you what little they know….

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

McCrory has won more money in his racing career than Bogacki.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel any better, he was on the Fling Panel’s list that didn’t make the cut and he still has a chance if chosen by one of the 24.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad this is happening.All of us have a favorite that could of been included on that list but that's a solid one they have.

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

McCrory has won more money in his racing career than Bogacki.
And most on the list…let alone just up an quit for quite some time….shows Bach up an picks up we’re he left off

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tommy d:
I'm just glad this is happening.All of us have a favorite that could of been included on that list but that's a solid one they have.

Quoted for the truth

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it makes you feel any better, he was on the Fling Panel’s list that didn’t make the cut and he still has a chance if chosen by one of the 24.

Champ is Team Overkill, he will be picked by Donovan Williams or any Williams most likely as Donovan's partner or Gage Burches partner all Team Overkill Motorsports.

I am with Whomp on this, Champs past performances speak for themselves and out weigh many on the list JMO.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Great so now those here that want him competing in this race will sleep better tonight.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great so now those here that want him competing in this race will sleep better tonight.

Don't you think looking at Bracket Racing in 2022, and an All Star list of current Bracket Racers your son should have been above Bogacki or Scotty? I do.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No, you can not have a race deemed an Allstar race without those 2 guys on it because no where has this Allstar race been referred to as “current” bracket racing ALLSTARS

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Lists are extremely hard that's for sure. Like some have mentioned the requirements are hard to come up with. I applaud them for trying to come up with something, but I think some things weren't thought through properly, but it's Pete and Emily's race so they can structure it how they want.

Take this. I certainly think Pete is one of the best overall all time. But I may be wrong and say what you want about he wins whenever he goes, which he does. Are we talking NHRA, top bulb, bottom bulb? Bracket Racing? Besides at Numidia lately, how far back was Atco and the original Winter Series when he won regularly at the Big Bucks level? Has he won the Million? and SFG Race? a OG $50k at Stanton? Same with Luke lately. He's been going to Big Money event's but his hardware has been coming from the NHRA side.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just think if your having a "best" list or an "allstar" list their needs to be some guidance on how you are going to come up with it.

Nobody has even mentioned Lane D i c k e n. He's a wrecking ball with multiple $100k wins over the past 3 years.

When we had our DRR Allstar shootout for a Dragster of Choice in Georgia at the end of the year, it was compiled of Big Race Winners and Runner Ups from the season's races across the country. I think that was a true field.

And again... It's their event, and they chose the structure and everyone who's involved should be grateful. Maybe they make adjustments moving forward.

Sl... carry on!

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, you can not have a race deemed an Allstar race without those 2 guys on it because no where has this Allstar race been referred to as “current” bracket racing ALLSTARS

Peter did in fact say it was a list of current allstars in his latest interview about the race.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I haven’t heard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well WTH I should be on there then…….lol

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post