DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Summer Fling $100K AllStar Shotout
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer Fling $100K AllStar Shotout
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
When do they announce the team mates now that the 24 have been decided???

2 weeks IIRC

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
you dont have to beg 1290. i will be Kyles team mate.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
It's not quite West coast but Rayce Kidd is from Idaho and he got my vote. Should be an epic race and any one of those can win....

And...he had the third most votes cast! Will be interesting to see who his second will be, but I'm going Andy Schmall for an all Idaho team.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
you dont have to beg 1290. i will be Kyles team mate.

ep

You were his 2nd choice Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i appreciate making the short list.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by S/C718:
I would have liked to see at least one west coast racer. There are also some bad ass racers out west. I personally think Kris Whitfield should have been in that group. If you look to see what he has done at the flings and other big money races he is always in the late rounds. Just my thoughts. Definitely going to be a good race.

I think what they should've done is complete transparency on the vote.

Live on FB with every vote attached to a verifiable name/ FB account / person.

I'd have voted Bunners son Trey, I think he's the best young gun local.

He's won a bunch 10k races and lost at 4 in the original Million driving his own car he drug to the track, and the car has a tiny 10" tire on it.

Ultimately it'll be a killer race nonetheless, anyone could win, including Trey were he in it.

They should have done that one your cone hitting protest too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laughing Hard

Lets do it. There's still plenty of time. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
If this is supposed to be a list of current Allstar bracket racers, I would have replaced Bogacki with Labbous, Holloman, or Stephen McCrory. Bogacki is by far an AllStar NHRA guy, but I wouldn't say he's at the Elite level of bracket racing anymore. Luke would have been pick #1 in the fan vote anyway.

Peter/The Fling never used the word "current" and what is current? last year, 5 years, 10?

Ok so you put Labbous in place of Bogacki, now who of the 12 you cutting for your other 2 picks?

Bottomline is the Fling Panel chose 12 Allstars as they see it. After that it's the people's choice and the racers competing choice.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You got 4 or 5 guys in there that didn't race Jr dragsters, that should tell you everything you need to know.

I'm saying this in a negative way, it's reality.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
tells me nothing

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you wanna have a 30th annual *fill in the blank* you gotta have racers.

These other young guns witnessing this are being motivated to get their ducks in a row.

Everything is a promo in business.

Everything.

I've been watching the promo trends since ya'll were in Ohio.

It is what it is.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everything is about $

That said, it's really just another race.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I agree, congrats again.

Nothing wrong with any of it.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thank you

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
If this is supposed to be a list of current Allstar bracket racers, I would have replaced Bogacki with Labbous, Holloman, or Stephen McCrory. Bogacki is by far an AllStar NHRA guy, but I wouldn't say he's at the Elite level of bracket racing anymore. Luke would have been pick #1 in the fan vote anyway.

Peter/The Fling never used the word "current" and what is current? last year, 5 years, 10?

Ok so you put Labbous in place of Bogacki, now who of the 12 you cutting for your other 2 picks?

Bottomline is the Fling Panel chose 12 Allstars as they see it. After that it's the people's choice and the racers competing choice.

Current to me means hottest bracket racers right now. I'd take out Scotty and replace him with McCrory, take out Bogacki for Labbous, and take out Pennington for Holloman.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

Current to me means hottest bracket racers right now. I'd take out Scotty and replace him with McCrory, take out Bogacki for Labbous, and take out Pennington for Holloman.

You carazy ma, Scotty is the BMF all times, the pioneer. Fact.

You're like those who were calling Garlits and Art Malone dinosaurs when they showed up with an old car at the US nats, up until they kicked everyones azz.

I say Scotty wins it if he wants to.

If I were Scotty I'd be hitting the gym right about now, getting ready to do battle.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Kudos to Peter for bringing some new type excitement to our sport. Congrats to all the picks so far, and of course I will be rooting for that kid Cory Gulitti and his so far unnamed partner!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Cat Fish
posted Hide Post
oh by the way all ya fokers gotta pony up 2k to pay your own purse, what a joke of an invite. what it someone that was picked doesn't want to race? where is the alternate list? no criteria to go by just who has the most facebook friends bla bla bla bla. thats the hole problem with list with no criteria. made me loose even more respect. congradulations to everyone one that gets to pony up.

Only One Way Out!

Posts: 30 | Location: Florida - Georgia Line | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bracket racers always pay their own purse.

Oh and one of our marketing partners is paying our entry. Dancing Cat

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't imagine coming up with $2k for a 32 car all star race that pays $100k, would be difficult.

If $2k is pocket change, that's even better no financing fee's to shell out.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
48 cars