DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Deep stagers controls the tree
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deep stagers controls the tree
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Jared was a great point and make it more than once. If the powers that write these programs can make Tru-Start they should be able to make auto start with DEEP , but they need motivation from a powerful source .

They can, and I was given a price, but the local tracks we discussed this with didn't feel they needed to spend the extra money. Plus the deal I was given I did not like, otherwise I would have paid for it out of my own pocket.

So it is what it is, like gun control, politics, religion, etc... will always have people on two sides that will never see eye to eye.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
they need motivation from a powerful source .

Mike to make this happen its going to take some heavy and well know racers to get this rolling. Racers and promoters like Jared, Michael Beard, the SFG group and many more. Funny I'm am a Top blub racer but I can see how this could increase at a lot of events car counts. That's my .02 , some say its not even worth that.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
It would take thousands of dollars in initial investment, plus thousands of dollars for tracks to upgrade (some of whom have already spent thousands for the TruStart update) -- and that's just for Compulink systems. Half of our events are at Accutime tracks.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My local track has a feature in computer system that allows for DEEP stsging. I believe the computer operator has to put a * beside the car number when entering info in computer. It will hold the tree if the shallow stager stages first but the auto start timer has started, so you have that much time to get DEEP if not the tree comes down while you’re still shallow. Likewise if the DEEP stager stages first and the shallow stager doesn’t get in the allotted time the tree is coming down with a red light for the shallow stager. Everyone uses the rule with integrity so far, so the shallow stager knows not to wait on the DEEP stager and the DEEP stager knows they better get DEEP if that’s what they want. Which is the way it should be in my opinion.

Posts: 115 | Location: 2008 IHRA SSS No Box WC | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LIZZARD:
My local track has a feature in computer system that allows for DEEP stsging. I believe the computer operator has to put a * beside the car number when entering info in computer. It will hold the tree if the shallow stager stages first but the auto start timer has started, so you have that much time to get DEEP if not the tree comes down while you’re still shallow. Likewise if the DEEP stager stages first and the shallow stager doesn’t get in the allotted time the tree is coming down with a red light for the shallow stager. Everyone uses the rule with integrity so far, so the shallow stager knows not to wait on the DEEP stager and the DEEP stager knows they better get DEEP if that’s what they want. Which is the way it should be in my opinion.

If a system like this is used with somebody taking the time to enter * for deep stager,then that driver should get a redlight if they are not in deep within the alotted time.The shallow stager gets a redlight if he isn't in,but the deep stager gets to race with tree coming down?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
If a system like this is used with somebody taking the time to enter * for deep stager,then that driver should get a redlight if they are not in deep within the alotted time.The shallow stager gets a redlight if he isn't in,but the deep stager gets to race with tree coming down?

I had that same thought while reading LIZZARD's post...

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:

That isn't really correct.

When I spoke to Brockmeyer he said we could put a 'D' next to the dial, just like the 'N' for no crosstalk in Super.

Everyone gets 10 seconds to stage once BOTH Pre Stage bulbs are on AND ONE Stage Bulb is on. Easy-peasy. No games to play, Autostart was still active.

Only draw-back was he said he couldn't do an 'N' & a 'D' for those that wanted to Deep Stage in Super, he could handle one or the other......

And yes, there are plenty of us that Deep Stage in Super (if they allow it) and actually win plenty of rounds. We don't all need electronics to win..... Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

I didn’t design the system but just explaining how it works. It’s not taking the computer person but a split second to enter the * beside the car number when entering the info so it’s not like it’s rocket science?? The driver must have DEEP displayed on all 4 sides of the car. And if a racer can’t get staged in the allotted amount of time for auto start, then they deserved a red light in the first place. As I stated, the racers use the system with integrity so far and if they don’t understand how it works, there is no secrecy in it not being explained to them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LIZZARD,

Posts: 115 | Location: 2008 IHRA SSS No Box WC | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:

When I spoke to Brockmeyer he said we could put a 'D' next to the dial, just like the 'N' for no crosstalk in Super.

Everyone gets 10 seconds to stage once BOTH Pre Stage bulbs are on AND ONE Stage Bulb is on. Easy-peasy. No games to play, Autostart was still active.

Only draw-back was he said he couldn't do an 'N' & a 'D' for those that wanted to Deep Stage in Super, he could handle one or the other......

And yes, there are plenty of us that Deep Stage in Super (if they allow it) and actually win plenty of rounds. We don't all need electronics to win..... Wink

Our track doesn’t use a Brockmeyer system, and yes that’s the way it works

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Our track doesn’t use a Brockmeyer system, and yes that’s the way it works

Sorry Lizzard, I should have read your first post more carefully. Yes, that is the way it should work everywhere! Once the tree is activated, one lane Staged, the other Pre-Staged, 10 seconds start.

For a Shallow car, Pre Stage is obvious.
For a Deep car, both bulb on his side is Pre Staged.

Glad to see you race at a track that treats both methods of staging fairly and takes it out of the starters hands, makes it simple for all! Smile

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
DING DING DING...we have a winner!!

No problem Mike and tell Forever Young I said hello!! One of he good guys in racing!!

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
DING DING DING...we have a winner!!

No problem Mike and tell Forever Young I said hello!! One of he good guys in racing!!

With the closing of E-Town I don't get to see Jimmy that much anymore, but I will send him a text message saying the Lizzard said hello! Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Trust me—-I understand. Let me know your rules and I will make them work for me. Mike you know who caused that mess up in Div1. Div director didn’t like what he saw.

Yes I do, I was there racing that day. Took two to tango, and they did, or maybe their lack of staging in a timely fashion did....... Wink

So the year was 2007.....it was round 6 of the bracket finals here in pro et for division 1.
Third pair down the track that round. A day that changed the landscape of our drag racing program in the North East for forever. I would know, I was the accused and in the right lane that pair.

Posts: 491 | Location: Morristown, NJ | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post