DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    performance enhancing drugs and drag racing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

performance enhancing drugs and drag racing
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
interesting whisper going around that adderall is becoming very popular in the high dollar racing circuit...really enhances focus.now they saying buspirone is also taking off which reduces anxiety,rapid heartbeat etc
i guess if you have a prescription for the stuff it cant be illegal.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
So good for all ages or just the geezers ? Didn't think of that

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
interesting whisper going around that adderall is becoming very popular in the high dollar racing circuit...really enhances focus.now they saying buspirone is also taking off which reduces anxiety,rapid heartbeat etc
i guess if you have a prescription for the stuff it cant be illegal.

I suspect somebody, somewhere had a prescription for them when they were originally purchased. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know a pretty good racer who sips on those 5 hour energy drinks during the race. Obviously not me, I’m too busy breaking out 5 thou.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5313 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
1/2 dozen PBR,s accomplish the same

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mountain Dew...the racers choice

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4471 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
You'd be surprised at the number of kids on ADD meds, I'm sure the parents give em a try too Roll Eyes

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
drugs in our sport is out of control, from the pot use to Adderall and everything in between. Luke and Jed discussed it last year on their podcast.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We used to have a guy Sunshine open the door put a joint out on his rocker panel every time he rolled in the water box.

That dude cracked em like eggs too Super Pro, weeks in a row. Many time Super Pro champion, 40 race season. Small tire doorslammer.

Bad mofo.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Use to be old black guy at piedmont who couldn't cut a light to save his azz,til he had 6 pack or so then he could kill the tree. Personally no problem with it as long as don't drive stupid(into my lane) or cause track a insurance problem.

Heck when I was parting the guys use to tell everyone I was safe driver when drinking.I behaved more then.Not drinking I was WIDEOPEN,some things never change.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4194 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Years ago when they required a physical for jr dragster racing, the form asked for what, if any meds were prescribed. Some parents threw a royal fit when their kids were denied a license because they were on ADD meds. NHRA was aware of this years ago. TJ at one time was taking a med for his narcolepsy that NHRA had an issue with. It's an interesting deal if you are prescribed a performance enhancing drug to treat an unrelated condition.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6411 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Use to be old black guy at piedmont who couldn't cut a light to save his azz,til he had 6 pack or so then he could kill the tree. Personally no problem with it as long as don't drive stupid(into my lane) or cause track a insurance problem.

Heck when I was parting the guys use to tell everyone I was safe driver when drinking.I behaved more then.Not drinking I was WIDEOPEN,some things never change.LOL

America used to be a John Wayne bad azz culture. I never organized drag raced drinking, but it was fairly common.

I saw it quite a bit. I saw a guy one night at Sunshine step out of his car to ask the guy he was racing in the final, what lane he wanted, followed by a couple beer cans he kicked out the door, on the way out. He was pretty trashed. They didn't run the Super Pro final that night. It wasn't the end of the world though.

Today it would be the end of the world.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Adderall has been around for awhile, nothing new. There is or was a track here in the Midwest that would rent you a helmet and sell you a cold budweiser at the same time.. track is still there and racing but I don't know if they still follow that practice.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
We used to have a guy Sunshine open the door put a joint out on his rocker panel every time he rolled in the water box.

That dude cracked em like eggs too Super Pro, weeks in a row. Many time Super Pro champion, 40 race season. Small tire doorslammer.

Bad mofo.

Track 1 heads and triple chrome bumper?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Bad mofo.

Track 1 heads and triple chrome bumper?

No sir, it was the guy who showed me you don't need big tires and big dollars, to turn a profit Super Pro bracket racing, before I ever did any organized drag racing, I'd go out to Sunshine spectate.

First time I raced Super Pro Sunshine he had a bounty on him, first car out in the left lane with everyone piled up behind him pied piper.

I couldn't get up in the right lane fast enough. I got that bounty money.

I waited for him to park the joint on his rocker panel before I started my burnout.

Dude was a bad mofo Super Pro Sunshine and Bradenton.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Adderall contains items that make it a class B drug, Right up there with methadone, heroin, cocaine etc. etc. etc.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Been plenty successful myself And without use of a single substance, aside from maybe a tylenol if I was hurting from working the day before or maybe a dr pepper or something like that.

it can be done just like in pro ball

I did some baseball when I was younger and even then it was eye opening what guys were putting into their bodies to enhance performance. Sometimes there was no choice; without it they suck and go play golf. Many times the users would go on to the bigs. I had to go to work, though no doubt in my mind I could have gone too, without using.

Military, I am told, is not immune either.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you ain't won an SFG or Fling BIG $ race and the best in golf use PEDs too

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Adderall contains items that make it a class B drug, Right up there with methadone, heroin, cocaine etc. etc. etc.

It’s a schedule 2 narcotic

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A blood pressure and heart rate medicine called propranolol is illegal in shooting sports, golf and NASCAR.

The medication is often prescribed to individuals for stage freight, public speaking and interviews. The medication helps you keep calm and level headed in stressful situations as it crosses the blood brain barrier.

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post