DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    performance enhancing drugs and drag racing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

performance enhancing drugs and drag racing
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i dont think adderoll is speed i heard it helps you focus and be more attentive...but im no pharmacist

Posts: 1426 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Adderall is one molecule off from Meth Amphetamine

Posts: 62 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
i dont think adderoll is speed i heard it helps you focus and be more attentive...but im no pharmacist

Speed is an amphetamine, adderall is also an amphetamine and so is Meth. Meth, speed and adderall would all show as the exact same thing on a drug screen

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about you guys but I have zero tolerance for meth or any other drug. That **** ruined my family. I stick with Adrenalin! Most know I’m on the chip without anything. I had to quit coffee because it put me on the limiter...quitting coffee is tougher than you think.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speed is an amphetamine, adderall is also an amphetamine and so is Meth. Meth, speed and adderall would all show as the exact same thin

so what benefit would a racer have from taking aderall??

Posts: 1426 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The hard part of much of this is that many of these medication can be obtained with a normal prescription without much effort. If you ask your doctor for a propranolol prescription for public speaking then they really aren’t going to hesitate much to prescribe you a non controlled substance. Many other racers may be on these medications for true medical need due to heart problems they have. So in this it becomes hard to outlaw an entire class of medications that someone may need for health issues. The PGA tour, Olympics and nascar have all done it.... but it does not mean that would be easy by any means.

As far as the adderall goes, once again this is a medication that can be obtained with a prescription.

If your employer runs a drug test on you and you pop positive for amphetamines then as long as you have a prescription for adderall then you are in the clear

So do race promoters ban all medications with performance enhancing abilities even if you have a medical prescription..... or do they allow those with a prescription to use the medication? If drug tests are implemented in bracket racing then I believe they will allow those with perceptions to use them at first. My concern though is that these drugs are not necessarily hard to obtain a prescription for

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
Speed is an amphetamine, adderall is also an amphetamine and so is Meth. Meth, speed and adderall would all show as the exact same thin

so what benefit would a racer have from taking aderall??

At a lower dose than an abused med the benefits of adderall would be increased focus primarily

Many medications are used at a dose low enough to get desired effects without toxicity. Some medications that people use for cardiovascular disorders are actually a poison, but at a low enough dose it just slows the heart. The medication here is called digoxin and it is made from
The fox glove plant. The fox glove is extremely poisonous, but at a low enough dose it’s beneficial to someone with heart problems

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
So do race promoters ban all medications with performance enhancing abilities even if you have a medical prescription.

YES!

If you need a prescription to mentally and/or physically function daily you have no business being in a race car.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
So do race promoters ban all medications with performance enhancing abilities even if you have a medical prescription.

YES!

If you need a prescription to mentally and/or physically function daily you have no business being in a race car.

And that’s what many other sports have had to do. bracket racing it seems is usually behind other motorsports when it comes to rules and regulations such as car tear downs and performance enhancing drugs. It makes no sense to be behind that curve considering the money on the line is so significant

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
People drink and smoke pot while bracket racing and it isn't policed. Maybe we need to have a breathalyzer in the staging lanes.
How many have health problems? You can't drive commercially on insulin. No health requirements for bracket racing.

Posts: 1471 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I've been drug tested by NHRA years ago at a National Event. It was a random deal. They were looking for everything including alcohol. This was after Scott Kalitta got killed.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
My concern though is that these drugs are not necessarily hard to obtain a prescription for

There you go. Half the dr's will write a pot script to anyone who asks. Many gray areas here. But as was said, if your head isn't bolted on well without the drugs, then probably you shouldn't be racing. And perhaps those using the drugs for other medical purposes will either have to find other meds to use or sit. Last I checked racing a car wasn't a right called out by our founding fathers. There are and should be restrictions.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NOTHING will be done by the promotors, they know as well the racers know that have doing this for more than 5 minutes know who the drug and alcohol users are at these big $ races.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, Just an FYI. Whatever it is that you are taking-it's not working! Just saying.

Posts: 198 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hide Post
Hey Mike, Just an FYI. Whatever it is that you are taking-it's not working! Just saying

hahaha ya im a pretty hopeless cause

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Lets be honest here, bracket racing is on par with rec league softball, in the grand scheme of things. It is FAR from a professional sport. I'm as anti-drug-use as a person can be, never even experimented with that crap and never will - but I draw the line at submitting urine samples to go bracket race. I can find another hobby.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
agree with the comparison BUT today with 6 and 7 figure purses on the line. everything should be done in an attempt to level the playing field and this is just another example that NOTHING is being done regarding tech, illegal devices or drugs, it's straight up gambling in the hood. You pay to play and accept the rules or lack their of. The house always wins.

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
agree with the comparison BUT today with 6 and 7 figure purses on the line. everything should be done in an attempt to level the playing field and this is just another example that NOTHING is being done regarding tech, illegal devices or drugs, it's straight up gambling in the hood. You pay to play and accept the rules or lack their of. The house always wins.

Agree with all that, BUT

1) There are no victims here, only volunteers, and
2) Drug testing costs money. Probably at least $50 - $75 to send a sample in to a lab for testing. Racers aren't going to stand for that to be added to the entry fee, and promoters sure as HELL aren't going to pay it.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Most big races they start splitting money up around 16 cars area. Imagine if they said okay everybody left in the race has to piss in a cup and pass a breathalyzer to collect any money.

I would like to be there to see that one.

The problem is some of the people that are using stuff are some of the biggest names in bracket racing. No way promoters are stepping on those toe's when those guys come through the gate spending thousands of dollars in entry fees.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anything in the rulebook on this yet?

How they gonna test for this?

I'm sure there are freaks out there, who would travel this road, no problem.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post