DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    performance enhancing drugs and drag racing
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

performance enhancing drugs and drag racing
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
we are a drug society, legal or not. got a pill and a excuse for using everything. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I am afraid that is true. We even have pills that can help make us better than we actually are.
Some things are hard, and should be. That's what makes them worthwhile.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
MM ?

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
We used to have a guy Sunshine open the door put a joint out on his rocker panel every time he rolled in the water box.

That dude cracked em like eggs too Super Pro, weeks in a row. Many time Super Pro champion, 40 race season. Small tire doorslammer.

Bad mofo.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Any drug that is a Beta Blocker can calm the nerves of someone or reduce stress. The most common class of blood pressure meds. Adderol is "speed", been used in sports for YEARS, was rampant in baseball for many years.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 992 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
our athletes both amateur and professional are drug addicts, have been for decades upon decades and those that brag about hw they are clean are the dirtiest!

What if I told you Babe Ruth for example was using steroids before anyone ever heard of steroids? You can't prove he wasn't!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Can you prove that he was?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
obviously I can't no more than anyone can prove that he wasn't.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Babe Ruth was using alcohol.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that's well documented and smoking too but you can't document what you don't know exists no mind being used. Wink

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Any drug that is a Beta Blocker can calm the nerves of someone or reduce stress. The most common class of blood pressure meds. Adderol is "speed", been used in sports for YEARS, was rampant in baseball for many years.

Not all beta blockers, but ones that cross the blood brain barrier such as propranolol

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't need Beta blockers at the track. Its the only place that I am not stressed by my every day life. Like my buddy said last night, when he didn't have a car he was at the track racing, if he loses 1st round buys back and loses again he is still at the track racing, and if he wins the whole thing he is still at the track racing.

Got enough stress in the world, the racetrack doesn't need to be one of them

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
There is no limit to what dumbasses will try and do.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
[QUOTE]

Not all beta blockers, but ones that cross the blood brain barrier such as propranolol

Beat blockers work to block the hormone epinephrine, which is more commonly known as adrenaline. The slow your heart rate as well as reduce its beating force, to lower your blood pressure. This could possible have a "calming" affect on someone under pressure, starting line, public speak etc. Four of the top five most common beta blockers would have the desired affect.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 992 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al IIRC, racerdude2054 is a pharmacist or was a pharmacy major in school. Are you a pharmacist?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
All races across the US need to immediately mandate all racers submit to a drug test and car tear down. No exceptions!!

Posts: 610 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
hey this might open up room for a new class....
They may call "Drugs to lane 3. No drugs lane 6."

Maybe sell snacks in the lanes for when the munchies hit?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Baseball was better with steroids

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
agreed and steroids were in baseball far longer than the general public was made aware of in the early 90s.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have no sympathy for someone using no prescription drugs. My son became addicted to PEDS in school for athletic purposes. After school is when the serious S--- started. He 'needed' pain killers for the injuries he had incurred. When the prescriptions dried up he turned to other forms of pain killers. To cut a very long storey short, he became addicted to pain killers. 18months ago he died of a drug overdose from fentanyl ,that was later traced to a lab in Mexico who allegedly got the chemicals from the f'ing chinese. For those of you who want to minimize drug useage, make jokes or other wise condone its use, go F'yourself. I had to bury my oldest son. It has torn a hole in my and his mothers heart.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I agree and now you've put a face to this out of control drug use in our country and our sport. it's a big joke to the users, their friends and their competitors and no one outside their group wants to be the guy that says enough is enough

SO WHEN ARE THE COMPETITORS GOING TO DEMAND OF THE PROMOTERS THAT THE LATE ROUNDERS AND WINNERS OF THESE BIG $ RACES BE DRUG TESETED?

Condolences. My nephew died from fetanyl od 3 years ago at 27 and had his family bullshyted he was clean.