New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto Start
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone see JBR play the staging bulb game and time out his opponent in round 5 or 6 in the 50k at SFG race this past weekend? The race seemed to not understand what happened. How do people forking out these big entry fees to run for big money not understand something that has now been around for many years?

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Run your own race and this dumb$h!t doesn't happen too you

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Run your own race and this dumb$h!t doesn't happen too you

^^^^ THIS.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
although I agree with above statement I will say this.

jbr must not have thought he could beat the dude straight up so he opted to ch1t him out of it with a nice fucing. this is strictly my opinion.

ep-

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
although I agree with above statement I will say this.

jbr must not have thought he could beat the dude straight up so he opted to ch1t him out of it with a nice fucing. this is strictly my opinion.

ep-

Beat the dude straight up in what, a burn down? LoL!

Looks to me like a pretty effective approach to use on anyone, who makes a big deal about staging last.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sad he got that far and then got thinking too much! Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Johnny is one of the best for a reason, other car wanted to play a stupid staging game with JBR and won a stupid prize instead lol

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Looks to me like a pretty effective approach to use on anyone, who makes a big deal about staging last.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You only get bit by this trick if you are one of those assh0les who thinks its your god-given right to stage last.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^Pretty cute. This is the best way I know of to deal with those who, as someone said above, think it is their god given right to stage last. I have seen this trick pulled more than once by those who know against those who don't know. Good job.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow

Looks to me like a pretty effective approach to use on anyone, who makes a big deal about staging last.

Exactly. You only get bit by this trick if you are one of those assh0les who thinks its your god-given right to stage last.

You only get bit by this if you make staging last, a ritual.

You have that right, God given.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
How is what he’s doing any different from someone rolling in and double bulging their opponent?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable that someone fell for that again. Great execution by the master of that move!

Posts: 176 | Location: Byron, GA | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mathes:
Unbelievable that someone fell for that again. Great execution by the master of that move!

At the risk of sounding like a newbie guppy, what exactly did he fall for? Why didn't the NHRA mandated 7 seconds to stage after the other lanes 2nd stage light is lite come into play? Just wondering....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

At the risk of sounding like a newbie guppy, what exactly did he fall for? Why didn't the NHRA mandated 7 seconds to stage after the other lanes 2nd stage light is lite come into play? Just wondering....

Dave, by Johnny flipping his front wheels to trigger the stage light it also started the auto start timer since the other car was pre staged. He turned them back and counted to 7 or whatever and then staged and other guy had no time to stage causing the time out red light.
If the other driver would of staged after Johnny did the wheel flip he would not have been red lighted.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So this was able to happen due to an angle/trick the winning driver was able to pull because of the "stagging duel" VERY interesting. But I disagree it was stupid on the losing driver's part. But I do agree it was stupid playing a game that you don't understand all the rules or possible ways to win.

Thank you for the info. I always feel and day you learn something new is a good day..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
quote:

Dave, by Johnny flipping his front wheels to trigger the stage light it also started the auto start timer since the other car was pre staged. He turned them back and counted to 7 or whatever and then staged and other guy had no time to stage causing the time out red light.
If the other driver would of staged after Johnny did the wheel flip he would not have been red lighted.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

And this is not the first time JBR (Ezell) has pulled that move... In a big-bucks race... It would be wise to pay attention and get staged against him. I bet he was laughing his tail off as he lit that stage light again the 2nd time.

Posts: 176 | Location: Byron, GA | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
So this was able to happen due to an angle/trick the winning driver was able to pull because of the "stagging duel" VERY interesting. But I disagree it was stupid on the losing driver's part. But I do agree it was stupid playing a game that you don't understand all the rules or possible ways to win.

Thank you for the info. I always feel and day you learn something new is a good day..

It's not really a trick. Just understanding the rules and using them to his advantage. You have 7 seconds to get in after 3 bulbs are lit. Ezell made sure he was "back" in within 7 seconds. The opponent did not get in within 7 seconds of Ezell "lighting" the stage light (and then turning the wheel out of the beam).

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
He for sure is working an angle ("or trick") at the line. And more power to him.

But, ABSOLUTELY give the guy credit where credit is due. I would/could have fallen for it if I was anal about getting in last.
Although it plays well for the PRO's on TV for some reason, it's a yawner for me when it's done to me. I try not to even look over at my opponent from the lanes until the 1000'-1200' point on the track...

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
The trick would have been for the loser in this case, be alert enough to catch that and stage at 6 count, giving JBR a 1/2 sec, to realize it, and turn the table around.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post