DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone got a 401K invested in stocks
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone got a 401K invested in stocks
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted
I just checked other my numbers going thru the roof since the Pres was elected. What’s up with that.... LOL HMMMM

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
H e l l yeah ...... I'm up a shade over 22% last year.......dow closed today over 25,800 !

Keep calling those countries shytholes ....... I'm good.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I’ve noticed every time he says something incorrect or politically incorrect the market goes through the roof

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Facebook was down though. So sad.

LOL! Big Grin

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's a fuc'n duck....

And people with common sense and the ability to control their own life are fine with that...
Because it gives some hope that things may be shifting in the correct direction...

jmho of course..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
If that's the case we're in great shape ..... I don't see him going silent.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
He was elected to be, and do, the outrageous.
No more paying 10 million to study cow ****s...or sending billions of dollars to the same countries that are on the news every night muthafuc'n the U.S.
If they think USA is so damn bad, FINE, let's agree with them and just take care of ourselves from now on.

again...jmho

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Great Friday discussion....
HMMMM

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Facebook was down though. So sad.

LOL! Big Grin

Yep the poor ******* lost 2.9 billion today.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Kind of funny, at lunch in LA I was cutting thru an neighborhood drove by this guy with an older Ford an using a spray can writing “ Facebook s u cks “

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If this keeps up,I might be able to get a new COPO Stocker and park the 442. Smile

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm in mostly individual stocks, have done very well the last couple of months.

2010 Silver Dollar Raceway Track Champ
2005,2006,2009 Super Pro points runner up

Posts: 315 | Location: Warner Robins, Georgia | Registered: August 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yep - It has been a good run but remember and be ready with stop loss. It can drop like a bucket of lead.
The market goes up --- The market goes down...
The timing is the key....

Posts: 268 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Invest in index funds, the operating cost is substantially lower. No sense in trying to beat the market

my vanguard index funds in a mixture of large cap, mid cap, small cap, and global have performed at 23% in the last 12 months with a cost of 5 cents per thousand dollars. I am 29% in a year and a half

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Or....forget timing and buy on the dips....buy more on the big dips....

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The market is due for an adjustment back to reality, just be ready for it....

Posts: 2438 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

I agree.I have call options on several stocks that have more than doubled.
I have sold half to get my money back.If the stocks keep going up,I will still be VERY happy.
If they tank,at least I got my money back.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Adjustments do happen. For a typical 401k program, where do you shift investments to to ride out one that ends up significant? I have in the past moved to bond investments during dips. Usually I miss the beginning of dips.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Adjustments do happen. For a typical 401k program, where do you shift investments to to ride out one that ends up significant? I have in the past moved to bond investments during dips. Usually I miss the beginning of dips.

Diversify portfolio from the beginning with: bonds, index funds, precious metals, commodities, and REITS

They will balance themselves out: 30 percent bonds, 50 percent index funds divided between large medium and small cap with majority of that being large cap.... 10 percent precious metals, 5 percent commodities, 5 percent REITS

Rebalance every 6 months to get back to whatever baseline you choose. If the index funds are doing so good that they start making up 60% of your overall portfolio then take 10 percent away from the index funds and put into the areas that have been decreasing in value to get back to your baseline percentages

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
Right at 22% for past year. With that said, can’t say that the last 7 have been horrible either. Fingers crossed on the next 20 years. Started early in my career, hoping the rest of my racing peers my age have done the same.

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post