DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    VEGAS 47 degrees feels like 42 we racing!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VEGAS 47 degrees feels like 42 we racing!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted
That's right! 650 plus entries wanted to below 50 degrees!

No buy backs, go time!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
WE will be watching
Good Luck !!

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 254 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good luck, wouldn’t be me.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Chris and crew.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good luck!!!

Ediot, nobody cares

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ediot don't have no huevos.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Haters, who only post to fix up another thread! pathetic fools, old men that don’t race and ain’t got shyt not done shyt worth talking about.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
gOOD LUCCK. Far from ideal, but hell then so is 95* with 90% humidity. I would take what you have any day over high heat.

Guess will be watching calling for 90% chance rain here this weekend. See cool not so bad.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4197 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
old men that don’t race and ain’t got shyt not done shyt worth talking about.

Speaking of old men.....when's the last time your stunted growth ass was in the seat racing?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
He is just a ***** in pants I won a 10g at Byron in 37* weather-lol Oct of 09

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Cold temps are no problem when there's no humidity and a high barometer. We ran first round at Gulfport at 40.4 degrees the other week. There was some humidity, but with the high barometer, the vapor pressure was ridiculously low. We ran the finals at VMP one year at 29 degrees on 10 day old concrete, with 4.50 cars printing tickets and not a wiggle.

If you've got humidity, it's a completely different story.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5735 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
Cold temps are no problem when there's no humidity and a high barometer. We ran first round at Gulfport at 40.4 degrees the other week. There was some humidity, but with the high barometer, the vapor pressure was ridiculously low. We ran the finals at VMP one year at 29 degrees on 10 day old concrete, with 4.50 cars printing tickets and not a wiggle.

If you've got humidity, it's a completely different story.

That is very true but I would add that I think track prep may be different to make cars work good on cold tracks.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
44 degrees feels like 40, just finished 7th round.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
didn’t finish the race. Will finish the race today after 1st round and buy backs of today’s race which has now been combined with Saturday’s race.

670 entries because they now allow the same car to be doubled entered. Some racing there have no business single entered no mind doubled and west coast racers as a whole suck but everyone’s money is green. Big Grin

Chris, tell us about your run in round 2. You drive around your guy before 100 feet yet leg it out to the stripe running dead on 9. You Da Man

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot, you have no business talking about racing

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Chris, tell us about your run in round 2. You drive around your guy before 100 feet yet leg it out to the stripe running dead on 9.

I was hoping we could get a story on that one myself!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
See what happened was:

Guy let go on nothing, left on auto start partial throttle and car took off after. He was a bit slower than me and I was sure he was red the way his car left in my view. I leg it out to dead 9 even disappointed thinking it would have been dead 2. Despite my mistake won the round. When I see the slip and nearly chit myself!

42 degrees, feels like 36...bout to start racing again.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Luck is a good thing. Can't win without it....

I think you're still in it.....that Nova is rollin ! 5.0's is pretty snappy....lol

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Torq is still swinging. was hoping Torq and Rabbit would be in the final but Rabbit screwed that up 8 red dead 0 i believe.

Torq is my only dog left in the fight.

ep- i thought pete did not do doubles.

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
He didn’t and now he does.

Where was broke dyck first round of Pro?