quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
quote:
I like to see confirmation of stories like this,but enough credible people have posted on Facebook.I'm going with true.

Even CNN -"The Most Trusted Name In News" always reports news with the disclaimer "IF TRUE."

I think it is true.Press release should follow shortly.I even heard Mike Salinas parked it too.

Which "credible" people are you referring too?

Like CNN always says........sources say.

Sorry but Force has been backed into a corner before when he lost sponsors. He keeps coming back.

I'm sure he will be back next year.This year sounds like a "no" right now.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
442 olds,
Might be a good call for now. Costs a lot of money to do what he does. He isn't stupid.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
M120,
Maybe local bracket racing will die but the big money bracket races are going strong. They are running all over the country this weekend.

True Floyd, but that makes it an elite racers that can attend. I raced local big money races near me years ago ( 50K was a Big Deal). Might have cost me $75 in fuel towing.

Add all the expenses to get there now days plus entry fees these days, it doesn't make sense unless you are using it as a vacation. Three to five days at a track, you're paying the payment on the motorhome or getting a hotel.I can think of better places to go for a vacation!
The "professional bracket racers" have help with product and backing, so that takes some of the bourdon off of them. Most also work as a well, usually in drag racing. I know people that race that aren't on par with who they are racing against,but they like to be there and show off there money.
I did ok locally bracket racing but I wasn't looking to make a profit, but I did most years. At the very least I wasn't to far in the red. The first years were probably tough but it was a street car, not a six second Top Sportsman car that some people hop into to.

Ok, Rant over!

I'm thinking I'm loosing the track that I live one mile away from(Atco Dragway) and the reason I moved here. It was a almost a coin flip when I bought my house years ago. At the time I could have bought on the water on the Jersey shore, thinking I chose wrong! I'd probably be $400,000 ahead.

Rant over again!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
M120,
It's a shame you might lose your track. We have lost so many out here on the left coast and we might lose some more. It happens and there is not much we can do about it.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm racing at Sonoma this weekend and I heard it from a very good source. Without Force and his 4 fuel cars I don't see spectators coming to a National event to not see Force. Also sponsors are not getting the exposure they are suspose to get.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I saw on Facebook there is bigger announcement coming

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Spectators are very limited at the next 2 races

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another thing that I just read is that many sponsors want to avoid the potential liability of somebody getting COVID-19 at a race.

Not sure how it would be their fault,but you can sue anybody for anything nowadays.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Force is probably like me when I went to the barber shop and they said I needed to put on a mask.

"No thanks I'll come back when you people come back down to earth"

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mile High
posted Hide Post
Bandimere Speedway is doing their Jet Car Nationals and fireworks show on the 4th. They have a restraining order against them to limit the crowd size to 175 people. They sold it out and the place holds more than 20,000 people.

https://www.denverpost.com/202...covid-health-orders/

Posts: 110 | Location: On a Summer adventure with the car | Registered: December 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I like to see confirmation of stories like this,but enough credible people have posted on Facebook.I'm going with true.

Even CNN -"The Most Trusted Name In News" always reports news with the disclaimer "IF TRUE."

I think it is true.Press release should follow shortly.I even heard Mike Salinas parked it too.

Which "credible" people are you referring too?

Like CNN always says........sources say.

Sorry but Force has been backed into a corner before when he lost sponsors. He keeps coming back.

He is like a bad penny. Keeps coming back. Good for him.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mile High:
Bandimere Speedway is doing their Jet Car Nationals and fireworks show on the 4th. They have a restraining order against them to limit the crowd size to 175 people. They sold it out and the place holds more than 20,000 people.

https://www.denverpost.com/202...covid-health-orders/

Your party will let them have it if they call it a protest so no masks or social distancing is required!

Razz

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What would you do if you had a facility with the overhead of Bandimere and you had 20,000 customers who aren't falling for the Covid 19 BS anymore than you, at the gate?

Would you tell everyone to go home and file for bankruptcy?

Or would you let em in and lead a chant all race F off authorities.... F off authorities ... F off authorities ... F off authorities ...?

Boy I'd love to see that video. Be like America again for those few moments.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You know what I would do ... What everyone is gonna wish they did by the time this is all over.

F off authorities... F off authorities... F off authorities... F off authorities... F off authorities

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Force is probably like me when I went to the barber shop and they said I needed to put on a mask.

I wear a mask if I am asked to. In my state they are requiring a mask to enter a store
I have no problem with it. I wouldn't want the employee/store to be put in the middle.
I don't think masks do a thing but I'm not ready to take a sword like you Mike.
Good luck with your revolution and keep up with your rambling posts that you throw in a few words that you got of the internet.

I'll admit, your stupid ass posts got me to reply. So you got that going for you.

Scott might like you around here though, just like 1320.
Keeps the count up!

PS I went to your killer track (sunshine) last year when the owner said they would be open on FB. Guess what, it was ****ing closed ! Someone nearly hit me while they were pulling out of the circle track. From what I can tell it looks like a ****hole, but I couldn't tell exactly because the lights weren't on when I was told that they would be open.

Good luck with the DXP stuff, it looks like a cool class.
At the very least, I'd know someone involved with it.

I don't even want to vacation at Clearwater Beach anymore because of you. I'm sending Clearwater Beach business association a memo.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
quote:

I wear a mask if I am asked to. In my state they are requiring a mask to enter a store
I have no problem with it. I wouldn't want the employee/store to be put in the middle.
I don't think masks do a thing but I'm not ready to take a sword like you Mike.
Good luck with your revolution and keep up with your rambling posts that you throw in a few words that you got of the internet.

I'll admit, your stupid ass posts got me to reply. So you got that going for you.

Scott might like you around here though, just like 1320.
Keeps the count up!

PS I went to your killer track (sunshine) last year when the owner said they would be open on FB. Guess what, it was ****ing closed ! Someone nearly hit me while they were pulling out of the circle track. From what I can tell it looks like a ****hole, but I couldn't tell exactly because the lights weren't on when I was told that they would be open.

Good luck with the DXP stuff, it looks like a cool class.
At the very least, I'd know someone involved with it.

I don't even want to vacation at Clearwater Beach anymore because of you. I'm sending Clearwater Beach business association a memo.

You didn't go to Sunshine, you went to Showtime. Sunshine closed in 2011.

Sunshine always had a better turnout than Bradenton. Yeah it's a chithole now, it's a dirt pit chihole because the new owner decided he wanted everyone passing by on Ulmerton Rd to see his track and took down all the woods that surrounded the track.

You know what though? That track has been deemed a historical landmark on file in the library of congress in DC, it's not going anywhere ever.

Guess who won more Super Pro championships than anyone in the history of the facility, in just ten years of racing?

I'll give ya a hint, a factory condition 69 Nova on a 10" tire. 7 in 10 years. That's 700%

We don't need anymore sewer rats in Florida, so you just stay up there in Jeusey K?

Oh BTW. If someone tells me to put on a mask, I go somewhere else to do business. I have more self respect than to play liberal games over a cold.

F off authorities... F off authorities... F off authorities... F off Liberal authorities... Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
7 in 10 years. That's 700%

No, no it isn’t.

You’re arguing with a Joisey guy using Joisey math.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
7 in 10 years. That's 700%

No, no it isn’t.

You’re arguing with a Joisey guy using Joisey math.

That's baseball math.

Joisey guy is a little angry about his local track. I went through that last economic meltdown with Sunshine. It hung in there till 2011 but it was losing money, it was all downhill from 2008. 2008 was the last year they ran a 33 race season. After that they couldn't get the cars.

Commercial real estate is headed for a huge crash, the Atco owner better step on the gas if he's gonna do something. I don't think it'll happen, it's soon to be a buyers market, whoever is the potential buyer would have to be a fool to buy now.

If small business owners don't start civil disobedience, they're gonna wish they did when they lose their business's

F off authorities... F off authorities... F off authorities... F off Liberal authorities...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
When you read it on NHRA's and/or Force's website, remember you read it/heard and from 1320racer first. Big Grin Razz

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
I could care less about the pro's ! Give me sportsman racing any day of the week !

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post