DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Galot St Patricks race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galot St Patricks race
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
Isn`t the rule if you have a funny car cage, no window net needed?

I believe that is still correct, but my Bronze card expired a few years back.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
People can say what they want, but we all know if promotors or track owners tried to strictly enforce SFI specs, the sport is dead.

Your reply to Whomp is dead on.

I'VE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!

Unless ALL the sanctioned tracks in an area follow the rules, your facility becomes "RULE NAZIS" and the car counts will suffer.

ALSO, as soon as certain racers who suck on track discover that the rules will be enforced, racer tech committees form, and will beat the track operator over the head with the rule book, seeking round wins.

It's a NO WIN for the operator.

Y'all cannot begin to imagine the ridiculous things I witnessed with 10 years on staff.

It's almost enough to ruin a person on bracket racing, trust me.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
IF (huge IF) the promoter for this event had a magic crystal ball and could have foreseen everything that was about to happen, do you believe he would have been better off to cancel the entire event ahead of time? By better off, I mean how it would have impacted his "brand", his bottom line, and his ability to get an excellent car count, for a similar event, in the future? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They will be ok--got delt a tough hand but the racers could see the conditions and gambled as did the promoter. There was no winner here but if you have raced very long you have driven miles to end up in worse conditions and turn outs.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post