DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Galot St Patricks race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galot St Patricks race
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tons of dead on 4.40 and below runs this weekend. Not one complaint about track prep. As usual 1320 is trying to start a controversy.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No controversy, FACT…more cars wreck in March and October here in the east on green and cold tracks than any other time.

Further, if there was no concern about temps and the racing surface they would have finished Saturday’s race and not cancelled Sunday. Fact is lucky only one car wrecked. It was cold and windy, In hindsight I’m sure the promoter would have cancelled the event.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The car that wrecked crashed due to fluids coming out of his car. You can watch the feed and see that.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not according to a friend that was there, the fluid on the track is a result of the crash, he crashed because he was out of the groove and over corrected. Same friend told me it was cold, windy and the track sketchy. Doesn’t matter though, the event was ultimately cancelled for exactly the reasons I stated….to COLD to safely race, FACT!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Not according to a friend that was there, the fluid on the track is a result of the crash, he crashed because he was out of the groove and over corrected. Same friend told me it was cold, windy and the track sketchy. Doesn’t matter though, the event was ultimately cancelled for exactly the reasons I stated….to COLD to safely race, FACT!

They sound like cry babies like you. Did you notice the 4.70 blown door car went Dead on 0 4th round???? I would argue that is the most track dependent car on property? As previously stated the fluid on the track was dropped by the car that crashed

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As previously stated, the fluid on the track was a result of the crash, not the cause of the crash which was driver error compounded by a cold sketchy track!

I’ve got nothing to cry about, I wasn’t there and my shyt ain’t wadded up. I don’t put my cars on any race track in March and only my home track the first 2 weekends of October.

Again, the promoter ultimately cancelled the event due to weather! Now what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don’t you like?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
As previously stated, the fluid on the track was a result of the crash, not the cause of the crash which was driver error compounded by a cold sketchy track!

I’ve got nothing to cry about, I wasn’t there and my shyt ain’t wadded up. I don’t put my cars on any race track in March and only my home track the first 2 weekends of October.

Again, the promoter ultimately cancelled the event due to weather! Now what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don’t you like?

The cold sketchy track is not a fact. Again, if the track was sketchy why was 25% of the dragster field dialed 4.49 or faster, having no issues? Again, please explain to me how the multiple 4 second door cars also had no issues? If your friend that was there said the track was bad, all I have to say is his car isn't set up correctly.

Clearly 99.99% of the vehicles racing there had 0 issues. How many aborted runs did you witness?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If the track wasn’t sketchy and the temp not a problem why did the event get canceled? By your twisted logic Walton
Just cancelled the event and took a financial hit because he wanted to get home early. Laughing very hard

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the track wasn’t sketchy and the temp not a problem why did the event get canceled? By your twisted logic Walton
Just cancelled the event because he wanted to get home early. Laughing very hard

Sunday was cancelled on Wednesday afternoon. Before the track was ever prepped. HMMMM

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Well if true there were many that were unaware of that.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
The race on Sunday was canceled because temp was going to be cold. Atleast that's what I was told from a buddy that was there. Pretty sure it was canceled Thursday a.m

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As I have been saying, too cold to race safely.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
On the car that flipped, after watching the run several times in slow motion, there is nothing coming out under the car early in the run. And the clean up was only from where the car flipped over, stopped and started leaking fluids. There was no track clean up where the car left the starting line to where it was initially out of control at 300’.

It looks like the left rear tire is out of the lane slightly, and also looked like it was oversteered. Maybe this racer had his hands at 10 -2 on the wheel.

This racer dialed 5.85, had a window net and it was up. The car first flips onto the drivers door side.

I have this question…………..

Below are the rules from NHRA for Window Nets. Are door cars running 1/8 mile 4.50 to 6.39 IF SLOWER than 135 mph required to have a Window Net??

Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman Section 4A, page 6
WINDOW NET
A ribbon-type or SFI 27.1 mesh-type window net is mandatory
for any full-bodied car running 7.50 (*4.50) to 9.99 (*6.39) or if
vehicle runs 135 mph or faster. See General Regulations 6:3.

6:3 WINDOW NET
An SFI 27.1 ribbon-type or mesh-type window net is mandatory
on any full-bodied car running 7.49 (*4.49) or quicker. For fullbodied
cars running 7.50 (*4.50) to 9.99 (*6.39) or if vehicle
runs 135 mph or faster, a ribbon-type or SFI 27.1 mesh-type
window net is mandatory unless otherwise specified by Class
Requirements. SFI 27.1 window net, when required, must be updated at two-year intervals from the date of manufacture.
Window net must be securely mounted on the inside of the
roll cage, with the permanent attachment at the bottom.
All attachment points must be designed in an attempt to
protect the driver and avoid contact with track surface or
guardwall. Eyelet clips, dogleash hardware, hose clamps, etc.
prohibited. Penetration of webbing, except as performed per
manufacturer’s instructions, prohibited. Any other modification
to net must be performed by manufacturer.

Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1. markemark…KNOWS

2. Once you have a roll cage you are required to have a window net. My car runs 123mph in the 1/8th.

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
On the car that flipped, after watching the run several times in slow motion, there is nothing coming out under the car early in the run. And the clean up was only from where the car flipped over, stopped and started leaking fluids. There was no track clean up where the car left the starting line to where it was initially out of control at 300’.

It looks like the left rear tire is out of the lane slightly, and also looked like it was oversteered. Maybe this racer had his hands at 10 -2 on the wheel.

This racer dialed 5.85, had a window net and it was up. The car first flips onto the drivers door side.

Below are the rules from NHRA for Window Nets. Are door cars running 1/8 mile 4.50 to 6.39 IF SLOWER than 135 mph required to have a Window Net??

WINDOW NET

Requirements. SFI 27.1 window net, when required, must be updated at two-year intervals from the date of manufacture.

Same i watched many times and couldn't see anything....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

WINDOW NET

I would say if quicker than 6.39 requires cage and net, but having a cage does not mandate a net as long as you are slower than the cage requirement

Posts: 36 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wrong

I think I'm correct about not having to have a net just because a cage is in the car if that's what you mean.

Posts: 36 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Cage=Net

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
TheBlueTruck…KNOWS and here’s another for those that don’t know, a roll bar = 5 point harness