DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Galot St Patricks race
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galot St Patricks race
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Big money events, window nets not enforced among other safety items! Wink

It was good to see the window net being used on the car that crashed!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2582 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1320racer:
TheBlueTruck…KNOWS and here’s another for those that don’t know, a roll bar

I believe what I said is correct. My car falls into this category. It is a 1983 SS/KA which has a cage since it has gone 9.70 with previous owners and different engine combos, now however with a low compression 305 it has only ran mid tens.In 2019 when I was preparing for my first NHRA divisional I emailed the NHRA tech dept and asked about the window net and recieved a response from a tech inspector in California and was told it was not required. Went to my first race 2019 before covid when they still had tech at the track and was inspected and passed by a very well known div1 NHRA tech inspector. I went to about ten races at 6 or 7 tracks with different inspectors that season with no net in the car. Since then it's self inspection on line so for another 15 or so races I type NA in the space for window net. I encourage anyone who is not sure to email the NHRA tech dept. I have already done so.

Posts: 36 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big money events, window nets not enforced among other safety items

I agree on the above not being enforced along with this one below in some enclosed door cars.

NECK COLLAR
Neck collar meeting SFI Spec 3.3 mandatory in all openbodied
cars and any car running 9.99 (*6.39) or quicker or
cars exceeding 135 mph. A head and neck restraint device/
system may be used in lieu of a neck collar.

My next question is in Protective Clothing where it states “and gloves”. Does “and gloves” mean enclosed door cars faster than 9.99 (6.39) ??

PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
9.99 (*6.39) to 7.50 (*4.50 ) or any vehicle exceeding 135 mph:
Jacket and pants meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/5 or 3.4/5 and gloves
meeting SFI Spec 3.3/1 mandatory, except as noted above.

Posts: 2484 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rules are for everyone and a window net is absolutely required on any car with a cage so next time I see you at a divisional running your SS car, I’ll inform the NHRA you do not have a window net on your cage, you can thank me for making sure you are racing safe when they DQ you!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Rules are for everyone and a window net is absolutely required on any car with a cage so next time I see you at a divisional running your SS car, I’ll inform the NHRA you do not have a window net on your cage, you can thank me for making sure you are racing safe when they DQ you!

They are the ones who told me it's not required and have already seen the car multiple times. Where does it say what your saying in the rules? I will say that tracks may have Ed's rule but I was talking about what NHRA says. A simple email to the tech dept will get you an answer right from the horses mouth, not a horses anus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: k107,

Posts: 36 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
“They” are Wrong just like you and You’ll know who the horse’s ass is when you get DQ’d Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot the ankle bitter has spoken

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
next time I see you at a divisional running your SS car, I’ll inform the NHRA you do not have a window net on your cage

Have no doubts you would......

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4476 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I’m going to say Ed got it right on the net. Now it has been about 16 years since I last held a Sfi certification as a tech inspector for Nhra div2, but even then the rule was if the car had a full cage regardless of et/mph a net was required. A net is/was considered part of the cage. The question came up every time we went to the division tech conference to be recertified.That was required every two years.

Posts: 498 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wooley...KNOWS!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And don't forget your 15 layer fire suit is useless after it expires. But your 5 layer thats 30 years old will protect you just fine.........TECH IS A JOKE!!!........lets use common sense every once in a while guys!

Same deal with Cage Certs based on MPH. 135 MPH means you need a cert, but 6.49 needs cert if you only go 1/8 mile so they can get their money. Why is the cage only good for 100 mph in the 1/8 when its ok for up to 134 in 1/4?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Either way tech goes for y'all...we race at 50 degrees or colder, as the south races year round.

If your in disagreement stay your azz at home. 478 entries last week spoke volumes on who will race and who wont.

The fling in Galot next month also has a chance of being 50 degrees in April...BET ITS PACKED!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I bet it is and April isn’t March.

That said, The NHRA RULEBOOK is the Bible, the Gospel of our sport it is not subject to your opinion. What is a joke is not having a tech inspection and the racers like you that think just because they don’t agree with a rule and/or can’t afford the required MINIMUM safety requirements they don’t need to comply Wrong and then when they crash they’re shytbox, burn and fuc themselves up, it’s everyone’s fault for allowing them on the track, but not theirs when they lawyer up and sue everyone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Tech is a joke at times I agree. They don't even tech at a divisional event anymore?

I will point out all of my cars are legal, certified chassis stickered with all items in date (belts ect.)

You going to Galot for the Fling Ed? Brisket? No Vegas right?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No, summer fling only

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Tech is a joke at times I agree. They don't even tech at a divisional event anymore?

I will point out all of my cars are legal, certified chassis stickered with all items in date (belts ect.)

You going to Galot for the Fling Ed? Brisket? No Vegas right?

Same here. I abide by the rules set, but that doesn't mean they make any logical sense. 1320 just likes to argue with people. If you told him the sky was blue, he'd say you're an idiot because it is actually "sky blue".

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
if someone doesn't want to wear their ppe who cares. When their nylon jogging pants melt into their skin, toss them a wetnap and go on with your day.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'll say this---in the past 15+ years I have raced at NHRA and IHRA tracks from FL to MD-PA and don't remember ever seeing any tech period. They checked my car at Bristol once and at the first race at Galot. I have no Idea what they were looking for but at Galot many seat belts failed--they had them for sale??? I make my car safe for me, period. I'll also say this, that car that wrecked at Galot was safe whether his belts, net, etc were up to date. He was unhurt because of that. That car that killed the driver at Farmington was clearly not safe. You decide what you are comfortable with.

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Either way tech goes for y'all...we race at 50 degrees or colder, as the south races year round.

If your in disagreement stay your azz at home. 478 entries last week spoke volumes on who will race and who wont.

The fling in Galot next month also has a chance of being 50 degrees in April...BET ITS PACKED!

It will be slammed packed

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:

Same here. I abide by the rules set, but that doesn't mean they make any logical sense. 1320 just likes to argue with people. If you told him the sky was blue, he'd say you're an idiot because it is actually "sky blue".

I didn’t call you or anyone else in this thread an idiot. Further this thread isn’t about the color of the sky nor PPE. This thread is about the race at Galot last weekend. The question was raised about window nets to which I replied then another racer that thinks he knows replied implying that my statement about the requirement to have a window net on all cars with a cage was incorrect which it is not. Now what part of the Truth and the Facts don’t you like?