DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    New Years Nationals At Bradenton
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Years Nationals At Bradenton
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Buy backs suck if you race same guy you have beaten once,if you have 7 perfect runs in a 8 rnd race that would have been 8 w/o buy backs. They are great if you have a driver or mechanical screwup first rnd and need them to stay in.

My point is that a lot complain about buy backs and most of them use them when they need them to stay in the game. Again most and not saying all.

Personally, I feel like as stated above it is dbl edge sword. Using them just makes good sense money wise IMO.

As for the race. I think its freaking awesome they had that many entries and were able to get as much as they did get done with conditions My hats off to those who where running the show.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4329 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I wish they would end buybacks, re-entry or whatever you want call them. Rather than buy your way back, have a race when the track "goes dead" for 30 minutes at a time in later rounds as a Consolation Race.
Limit it to non-money winners, $50 and 90% payback to last four left. Just a way to keep cars running and streamline the big bucks race.

Probably not a popular idea; Hey, I double enter, buyback every friggin chance I get but it is getting ridiculous and don't get me started on the splitting!! The payouts are so top heavy you are NUTS if you don't split it up. What I don't understand is the ridiculous amount of time wasted trying to get cars back to staging in later rounds. Give them 10 minutes, then start running the ones who show up, the others are OUT, time is money for the track operator. Get to staging or you are out. Simple.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
I wish they would end buybacks, re-entry or whatever you want call them. Rather than buy your way back, have a race when the track "goes dead" for 30 minutes at a time in later rounds as a Consolation Race.
Limit it to non-money winners, $50 and 90% payback to last four left. Just a way to keep cars running and streamline the big bucks race.

Probably not a popular idea; Hey, I double enter, buyback every friggin chance I get but it is getting ridiculous and don't get me started on the splitting!! The payouts are so top heavy you are NUTS if you don't split it up. What I don't understand is the ridiculous amount of time wasted trying to get cars back to staging in later rounds. Give them 10 minutes, then start running the ones who show up, the others are OUT, time is money for the track operator. Get to staging or you are out. Simple.

Yes please.

But if you are going to b*yback every chance you are given now, why would it ever change? What would be the incentive?

I have read here many times that Norwalk doesn't have b*ybacks because if they did, they would never get an event completed. Maybe they believe fewer folks would enter if their events never were completed?

I have read right here in this thread about many folks saying that not only were they fine with how the Bradenton event turned out, they can hardly wait to do it again next season. What incentive is there to change if the customers who showed up were happy and plan to return? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think bracket ET race buybacks are a good deal for both participant and promoter. I’d have not traveled the long distances to races without them. Although I don’t double, I think they are good also for those that want this.

I would be interested in knowing the % of doubles in the recent Bradenton races.

Posts: 2543 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that some folks were turned off by the size of the field...nobody saw that coming, particularly given a brand new venue...a few actually left before the event began...I saw less than 10 leave...almost every racer thought the promoter did everything he could, and more, given the amount of cars, the super heavy morning fog, the evening dew and the curfew...obviously the event format is appealing to the racers as they had 613 entries last year and 708 this year...

Posts: 1279 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We had a good time didn't we Fuzzy? Thanks Rob for having this event.

Posts: 6234 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
We had a good time didn't we Fuzzy? Thanks Rob for having this event.

We sure did Fern...I may have to start over but give me a little time and we will be having big fun again, I promise...

Posts: 1279 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If I was able to attend this race, I would. Car count doesn't bother me, unless there aren't enough and the full purse isn't met. The way I look at odds are 1 out of 2, every round I'm in. Big Grin Sounds like the promoter and track crew did a great job managing everything.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post