DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    New Years Nationals At Bradenton
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Years Nationals At Bradenton
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jr's need to be able to race, but they need to be ran in a round robin fashion.

For example run their time run then bring them back for 1st round. Then run big cars. After 1st round of big cars is over, run Jr's round 2 and 3. If you continue in this fashion there will be maybe 16 jrs left at big cars 3rd round.

Jr Moms and Dads do need to make an effort to keep the show rolling. There is no reason that a JR pass should take so long. I was one of the first generation in JR's when they came out, and ran them for 5 years. The tach was in the ****pit, I told dad to raise or lower the idle with my thumbs - took about 5 seconds and went to prestage.

I fail to understand how these JR parents drag out a pass to take a full minute or more when the JR's don't even do over the line burnouts.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
I wholeheartly suppoort Jrs running. They produce furure of the sport. If one of my grandsons reaches point that they available more than 3 races a year, I will make the investment.

All things considered, with such a massive turnout Rob Reynolds and BMP should be commended and applauded for adapting to a unique situation.

I been hearing bracket racing is going to die for almost 30 years, I think it will outlast me.

Posts: 3087 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm all for the future of the sport. That's not what my point is. My point is that there were 708 entrees, and it took three days just to complete the first 10K event. Yes, they had Sunday as a makeup day. But there has to be a better way to get the Jr's through.

Posts: 24 | Location: Indianapolis  | Registered: March 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I was there...I feel like this event was started as a family affair and juniors will always be part of it...buy backs will also always be part of it for one reason...folks come from all over the place towing long, long hours...telling a racer from Maine (there was one) he is one and done is not the answer...same with NJ, Penn, Mich, ohio, etc...

No one expected the car count so how do you plan for that?...I don't care who you are, it takes time to run that many cars through....add fog in the AM (not normal, btw) and dew in the evening and cutting out this, that or the other will not help...the promoter and the track will be meeting shortly to find ways to deal with the giant car counts...it is easy to sit in our living rooms and suggest changes but in the real world dealing with the racers over those changes is not a walk in the park...

Posts: 1279 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
First world problems when the biggest issue you have with a race is too many participants!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
and yet the anti NHRA national or division posers will cry over not getting all the runs they want at a natty lol

Posts: 1250 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Knowing the restraints they have to deal with, curfew,dew etc. Maybe future events should have a car count limit. Raise the entry a little to compensate for car count. Just an idea.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The promoters of the March Meet in Bakersfield have tried to limit car counts to 600 for several years. The demand is so high that they give in.
That race pays for their season.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
The Jrs are not the problem here. The sport needs those kids. Look where some of them have ended up in our sport.

The problem is the Jr. parents engaging in dyck measuring at the start line, driving slow down the return road knowing full well there's a heating up race car behind them needing to get by, and clogging up the return road at the turn off.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd do they have problems finishing the race?

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:

Sometimes it will run a little late. We've been in the winners circle well after dark a couple of times. Depends on how the days go. If there's a lot of oil downs and crashes they will really put the rush on.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well then if it's still a quality event, not much need for change. If you are finishing Thursdays race on Saturday and Fridays on Sunday, that is not a quality event and one I would not attend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Tim,
It's the biggest nostalgia race in the country. People from all over the world attend and there are cars from all over North America. It's a huge car show if you like nostalgia top fuel and funny cars.
http://famosoraceway.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am home finally. It was 81 when I left for FL, 80s while I was there but it is 30 here now. Those that don't go to this race and never have and never will promote a race need to keep their opinions to themselves. I have heard no complaints and I was there. Jrs we need them--I hate the noise etc--but we need them. Thats where the winner if the first race in top came from this week, Jrs. People like being in FL for New Years, its warm. We had a party one night, food one night, awesome fireworks, to many cars, really? Would you rather have not enough to pay the advertised purse? Run 2 rounds and split the purse? What? Rob and his help did one he!! of a job and I am glad he made some money. Will I go back?, sure. Will I encourage others to attend?, sure will. This is a must attend race so if you have a positive attitude go if not your cup of tea stay home but don't find fault. See everyone next year

Posts: 6230 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The internet is all about opinions, and ideas. I don't agree with a lot of them. But everyone is entitled to them regardless of what they do or don't race.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:

Sometimes it will run a little late. We've been in the winners circle well after dark a couple of times. Depends on how the days go. If there's a lot of oil downs and crashes they will really put the rush on.

I've had my winner picture taken with the Sun rising behind me, for a regular Saturday night bracket race. Why the complaints?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1719 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
The internet is all about opinions, and ideas. I don't agree with a lot of them. But everyone is entitled to them regardless of what they do or don't race.

This is true....but....for those who were not there to criticize from their arm chair is a bit tough to take...the promoter put this event together 7 years ago to be a family event and party...over 700 folks thought it was a great idea this past weekend...yes, there will be a few tweaks given the huge numbers but remember, this was the first year at Bradenton...

This event started at SGMP...the weather forced a change and it was moved to Gainesville...the NHRA decided to re-do that track 2 weeks prior to this event the second year...the promoter was forced to find a new venue very quickly...he moved it to Palm Beach...now that facility is sold so he had to move it again...no one expected the huge car counts this year but it happened...they did the best they could not to mention heavy fog the first two days, extra heavy dew and an 11PM curfew the first two nights...

Fern is correct so let the track and promoter work on these issues...btw, the promoter will not speak to this but he put on a free ****tail party the night of the fireworks and when he combined the last two races he did not double the buy backs even though he doubled all the payouts...I won't even go into what that took straight out of his pocket and neither will he...he did this to say thanks to all those who showed up...

Posts: 1279 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Amen Fern and Fuzzy.

"It's easy, ask anyone who's never done it."

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5740 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

This is true....but....for those who were not there to criticize from their arm chair is a bit tough to take...the promoter put this event together 7 years ago to be a family event and party...over 700 folks thought it was a great idea this past weekend...yes, there will be a few tweaks given the huge numbers but remember, this was the first year at Bradenton...

This event started at SGMP...the weather forced a change and it was moved to Gainesville...the NHRA decided to re-do that track 2 weeks prior to this event the second year...the promoter was forced to find a new venue very quickly...he moved it to Palm Beach...now that facility is sold so he had to move it again...no one expected the huge car counts this year but it happened...they did the best they could not to mention heavy fog the first two days, extra heavy dew and an 11PM curfew the first two nights...

Fern is correct so let the track and promoter work on these issues...btw, the promoter will not speak to this but he put on a free ****tail party the night of the fireworks and when he combined the last two races he did not double the buy backs even though he doubled all the payouts...I won't even go into what that took straight out of his pocket and neither will he...he did this to say thanks to all those who showed up...

I was there and I agree nobody could have expected the crowd that showed up. The thing I felt like was out of line was having a re-entry round with 708 cars on the property.

Posts: 123 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Jones you would not think that way if you drove from Maine or Colorado and lost first round by .001. I personally don't like buy backs or reentries but we all came to race so lets allow them.

Posts: 6230 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post